The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Ben Harris revolutionises the card levitation - Enlightenment (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15~16~17~18~19..23..26..29..32..35..37~38~39 [Next]
T. Eugene
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of T. Eugene
They can take a card from mid-air, but can they look under when the card is floating?
pvhoutten
View Profile
Regular user
115 Posts

Profile of pvhoutten
Yes they can:

Quote:
On 2007-07-31 17:12, Ben Harris wrote:

the lady DOES LOOK UNDER the card right towards the end of the video.

The spectator's can grab the card at ANY TIME. That is the real strength of this. You have a genuine levitation in that the card floats up and down, all under your control, and the spectators can GRAB the card at ANYTIME. There is nothing attatched and nothing below, just the way it SHOULD be.

Apparently this is a bad consequence of modern internet usage: people wanting information so fast they don't take the effort of searching for it...
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5697 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On 2008-04-11 14:29, pvhoutten wrote:
Yes they can:

Smile

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Wesker
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of Wesker
Quote:
On 2008-04-07 21:48, Ben Harris wrote:
Hi Robert.

The Gimmick is multi-purpose. You can do an "install" for the Floating Card Application, or use the gimmick for other levitation possibilities--dollar notes, etc.

A quick install is easy and will take you 20 mins.
The Pro Install takes an hour.

Both are clearly taught with huge photos (like the book, Session [which came out of our art studio]).

In the future, we will make a full run of pre-installed decks in a variety of backs. Late 2008.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Ben

Ben,

If you do an install of the Enlightenment gimmick, does this mean it can only be used for the floating card application?

Assuming yes, is the Pro Install permanent?
Ben Harris
View Profile
V.I.P.
The Land Down Under
2116 Posts

Profile of Ben Harris
Hi Guys,

There are tricky things being discussed here. Especially the "Can the spectator look under the card?" sort of questions.

The answer is both YES and NO!

You cannot look directly under the card while it is floating, you need your audience to be looking SLIGHTLY down upon the floating card. If you LOOK AT THE VIDEO DEMO you will get a good idea of the latitude allowable with the angles. However, that being said, the floating card my be grabbed, turned over, and examined at any time without discovering anything. So the answer is yes and no!

Considering that the spectator just SHUFFLED the deck, nominated and removed ANY CARD, (and you have not added or taken away anything), is to me, more than sufficiently fair. Especially since your are automatically clean if the spectator grabs the card.

Wesker,

You can do multiple installs with the supplied gimmick. So you can do an install and later change your mind.

Cheers

Ben
+Inventor of the world famous Floating Match+
+Author: Machinations (Vanishing Inc, 2020)+
EVERYTHING BEN HARRIS
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5697 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On 2008-04-12 01:24, Ben Harris wrote:
There are tricky things being discussed here. Especially the "Can the spectator look under the card?" sort of questions.

Quote:
On 2008-04-08 00:10, oombob wrote:
Well... in light of what has been discussed / revealed, I kind of think this whole thread is now a candidate for secret sessions.

I agree!

The tiny (appox 25mm X 12mm X 3mm thick) gimmick does it all. Designing such a small lifting gimmick is a breakthrough in magnetic repulsion technology (IMHO). One can well imagine the hard work and efforts gone into this little miracle.

Smile
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Gilgamesh_The_Librarian
View Profile
Elite user
408 Posts

Profile of Gilgamesh_The_Librarian
Hi Ben,

Any gizmo's gone out for review yet ?

Getting a few opinions whilst we wait for May would be great.
Ben Harris
View Profile
V.I.P.
The Land Down Under
2116 Posts

Profile of Ben Harris
Hi Gilgamesh

Nothing has gone out for review yet. Everything will go out at the same time, last week in April. I don't want to send out gimmicks without the full documentation. We should have the books back from the printers in about ten days.

Cheers mate

Ben
EVERYTHING BEN HARRIS
oombob
View Profile
Special user
Canada
664 Posts

Profile of oombob
Quote:
On 2008-04-11 11:34, T. Eugene wrote:
They can take a card from mid-air, but can they look under when the card is floating?

Yes, they can look under the card... the question is will you allow them to?
mesmer
View Profile
Inner circle
1186 Posts

Profile of mesmer
Ben what is the difference if I order this from hocus pocus and if I order this from your site......

thanxs
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2341 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
Ben probably makes a higher profit. Buy it from Mr. Harris if you can.
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
http://www.facebook.com/Doug.Lippert
Ben Harris
View Profile
V.I.P.
The Land Down Under
2116 Posts

Profile of Ben Harris
Hi Mesmer,

I sold a limited number of sets as an introductory offer that expired April 4.
I cannot sell any more directly because that's not fair for the dealers.

You can only now purchase from your dealer. Hocus-Pocus, or which ever dealer you choose, will supply EXACTLY the same product as I offered.

Enlightenment - Limited Edition Boxed Set $79.95
Paradigm Shifter - $35.00 (if you already have a PK Magnet, you don't need this).

Cheers

Ben
EVERYTHING BEN HARRIS
matt.magicman
View Profile
Inner circle
Mars
1518 Posts

Profile of matt.magicman
This document should answer a few questions....
http://www.worldmagicshop.co.uk/various/......tion.pdf
hope it helps!
really looking forward to this one ben!!
thanks very much for sharing it with us
cheers
matt
simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
2402 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
Quote:
On 2008-04-13 14:08, matt.magicman wrote:
This document should answer a few questions....
http://www.worldmagicshop.co.uk/various/......tion.pdf
hope it helps!

This is the exact same info pack, already mentionned on this thread (p.8, april 2nd).
http://www.wowbound.com/enlightenmentinfopack.pdf
jfkkraemer
View Profile
Elite user
SoCal
481 Posts

Profile of jfkkraemer
I'm curious, does anyone actually have this in their greedy little mits? Love to hear some thoughts on it other than all the speculation.

Jeff
Silvio Solaris
View Profile
Inner circle
Xtreme Magic
1110 Posts

Profile of Silvio Solaris
Ben, you deserve the first price for innovation in the category for best magical accessory.

Furthermore this will change a bit the way close-up levitations will be done in the future.

Very well done Sir.
Magical Wishes

Silvio Solaris

'Is all that we see and seem but a dream within a dream?' E.A.Poe
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5697 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On 2008-04-14 00:06, Silvio Solaris wrote:
Ben, you deserve the first price for innovation in the category for best magical accessory.

Furthermore this will change a bit the way close-up levitations will be done in the future.

Very well done Sir.

Yes, Mr. Ben Harris deserves the first prize for innovating the Enlightenment gimmick. Also I must thank Ben for his wonder method/ idea. It has great potential in other fields of magnetic levitation. Great thinking Ben!

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S !

Smile
P.S. Right now the heat is on this wonder Gimmick. Smile Smile
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

Profile of THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
This will be trick of the year, for sure.
Gilgamesh_The_Librarian
View Profile
Elite user
408 Posts

Profile of Gilgamesh_The_Librarian
Whoah, calm down a bit !!!

I think the thing I have noticed on this one is that Ben Harris has given out enough info for people to get a very good idea of what it is and how it works, without hyping it to death.

I think its going to be a pretty useful utility device but, until I hold one in my sticky little fingers, I am not going to be calling it the best thing ever etc etc.

Lets not get all hypey hypey until the things out, that way we don't get the adverse reactions when people realise its not Marty McFly's hoverboard they have bought.
Ben Harris
View Profile
V.I.P.
The Land Down Under
2116 Posts

Profile of Ben Harris
Thanks Gilgamesh,

You said what had to be said.

Quite frankly, this is scarying me to death.

Please don't set me up for a fall. No matter how clever the gimmick may or may not be, Enlightenment is still a trick. Nothing more, nothing less. And, like any trick, it's one that must be presented with conviction. It must be presented well. The gimmick is JUST A TOOL.

Cheers

Ben
EVERYTHING BEN HARRIS
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Ben Harris revolutionises the card levitation - Enlightenment (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15~16~17~18~19..23..26..29..32..35..37~38~39 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL