The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Ben Harris revolutionises the card levitation - Enlightenment (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..21~22~23~24~25..37~38~39 [Next]
RooMan
View Profile
Special user
Texas
703 Posts

Profile of RooMan
Dealers got their stock through UPS. Australian Post for the pre-order crowd.
Considering UPS would've cost more than the effect itself, I guess we're ahead of the game.
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2242 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
Hi Guys,

Just had word that we should have this in stock on Friday.

Best Regards

Peter
PS. My name is down for the first one Smile
2003 user
View Profile
Regular user
157 Posts

Profile of 2003 user
I havn't order the Paradigm Shifter. Can I use my M5 instead ? Thanks
Al Straker
View Profile
Grammar Host
Australia
1121 Posts

Profile of Al Straker
2003 user - M5 should be fine.

Mac - The height of the rise is about 1 inch off the deck

Ben - We gotta jam sometime man. I have a Bachelor of Music majoring in Alto Sax & Trumpet. Still do a lot of imporvised jazz gigs.

Cheers,
Al
Al Straker
Resident Mystery Entertainer at Multiple Venues
Music & Mentalism Specialty Act 'Completely Mental'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyGhApqnG7I

(Old clip, show has changed quite a bit since then!)

Jazz & Contemporary Musician/Composer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnN3JNmeKns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sU_zfOvpneA
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5697 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On 2008-05-07 19:57, Christopher Kavanagh wrote:
Tim Jahn is right about Penguin having it:


. . . and its cheaper by approx 12 Dollars + you get free shipping. And Penguin ships fast.

Quote:
On 2008-05-07 19:45, Al Straker wrote:
Mac - The height of the rise is about 1 inch off the deck


1 inch is from the top or bottom of the deck? Can you please clarify?

Thanks!

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Black Tiger
View Profile
New user
Hertfordshire, UK
27 Posts

Profile of Black Tiger
It must be one inch off the top of the deck. One inch from the bottom of the deck is not much of a levitation, considering the deck is about 3/4-inch thick as it is.
Tim Jahn
View Profile
Special user
South Florida
911 Posts

Profile of Tim Jahn
Does anyone know if extra gimmicks are going to be available? Maybe this question was already answered. If it was sorry.

What I'm getting out of all of this is that once you use your gimmick making a deck up, You pretty much have to dis-assemble it if you want to use the gimmick for something else. Is that right?

Thanks,
Tim
Andrew, (ASW)
The effects on the DVD and lecture notes are far beyond your abilities. (They require mastery of the mechanic's grip.) It would only break your heart.
Sincerely,
Darwin Ortiz.......(This post has got to be in my top 5.)
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5697 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On 2008-05-08 07:55, Black Tiger wrote:
It must be one inch off the top of the deck. One inch from the bottom of the deck is not much of a levitation, considering the deck is about 3/4-inch thick as it is.


Black Tiger: Thank you!

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Bill Lhotta
View Profile
Veteran user
on top of a 14000' mountain in Colorado
356 Posts

Profile of Bill Lhotta
Unless Ben makes some offer for special discounts on additional gimmicks, you may as well just pick up another one from some place like Penguin Magic where you can get it for about $60 + free shipping (assumes you have a 10% return customer discount code).

Looks like the custom full deck gimmicks Ben was offering for pre-orders won't be ready for another couple of weeks according to the letter he sent with my receipt. He did soften the blow by offering a free Bikin' to those who are waiting for their custom full deck version.

Cheers!

** Bill **

Quote:
On 2008-05-08 09:10, Tim Jahn wrote:
Does anyone know if extra gimmicks are going to be available? Maybe this question was already answered. If it was sorry.

What I'm getting out of all of this is that once you use your gimmick making a deck up, You pretty much have to dis-assemble it if you want to use the gimmick for something else. Is that right?

Thanks,
Tim
Tim Jahn
View Profile
Special user
South Florida
911 Posts

Profile of Tim Jahn
Quote:
On 2008-05-08 11:26, Bill Lhotta wrote:
Unless Ben makes some offer for special discounts on additional gimmicks, you may as well just pick up another one from some place like Penguin Magic where you can get it for about $60 + free shipping (assumes you have a 10% return customer discount code).

Looks like the custom full deck gimmicks Ben was offering for pre-orders won't be ready for another couple of weeks according to the letter he sent with my receipt. He did soften the blow by offering a free Bikin' to those who are waiting for their custom full deck version.

Cheers!

** Bill **

Quote:
On 2008-05-08 09:10, Tim Jahn wrote:
Does anyone know if extra gimmicks are going to be available? Maybe this question was already answered. If it was sorry.

What I'm getting out of all of this is that once you use your gimmick making a deck up, You pretty much have to dis-assemble it if you want to use the gimmick for something else. Is that right?

Thanks,
Tim



Yeah I got the letter as well. I didn't order the custom deck though.

This is what I was really wanting to know. If Ben will offer discounts for gimmicks only. For those who already bought the set.

Tim
Andrew, (ASW)
The effects on the DVD and lecture notes are far beyond your abilities. (They require mastery of the mechanic's grip.) It would only break your heart.
Sincerely,
Darwin Ortiz.......(This post has got to be in my top 5.)
Ben Harris
View Profile
V.I.P.
The Land Down Under
2116 Posts

Profile of Ben Harris
Al,

Yes, mate, we must jam one day. How cool!

Shodan,

The Floating Bill application (or any app that is NOT a deck install) requires quite a bit of practice. You need to develop the "force" and be able to balance it with skill.

Tim,

Extra gimmicks will be available as part of the DEVELOPMENT KIT which will be out in a few months.

Custum Full Deck Install will be available shortly in Bicycle, Tally-ho and Split Spades. I've just finished a couple of sets for David Blaine in Split Spades (to a very special spec). I will advise at the blog when I am free to make more. Until then, unless you pre-ordered, no luck. Sorry. But "rules iz rules".

SPECIAL NOTE FOR THOSE ABOUT TO RECEIVE ENLIGHTENMENT!

Be SURE TO READ and understand the instructions supplied. Go to the Quick Start Manual and practice with the tumbler, as explained. MASTER IT. Proceed at your own risk if you don't! May "the force" be with you.

Cheers

Ben
+Inventor of the world famous Floating Match+
+Author: Machinations (Vanishing Inc, 2020)+
EVERYTHING BEN HARRIS
Tim Jahn
View Profile
Special user
South Florida
911 Posts

Profile of Tim Jahn
Thanks for the response Ben. That's what I wanted to know.

Tim
Andrew, (ASW)
The effects on the DVD and lecture notes are far beyond your abilities. (They require mastery of the mechanic's grip.) It would only break your heart.
Sincerely,
Darwin Ortiz.......(This post has got to be in my top 5.)
The Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
1974 Posts

Profile of The Mac
Ben,

As an owner of enlightenment it may be a bit worrying that so much info about he effect is out there. I would hate to do the effect then have some spectator google "floating card" or something come back to me with the pdf and spill the beans so to speak. Now that the effect is out are you considering a private forum or at least a question only magicians can answer before getting the PDF and details on the workings.

thanks
MAC
RooMan
View Profile
Special user
Texas
703 Posts

Profile of RooMan
Excellent idea, Mac.
thehawk
View Profile
Inner circle
2275 Posts

Profile of thehawk
Quote:
On 2008-05-09 09:19, The Mac wrote:
Ben,

As an owner of enlightenment it may be a bit worrying that so much info about he effect is out there. I would hate to do the effect then have some spectator google "floating card" or something come back to me with the pdf and spill the beans so to speak. Now that the effect is out are you considering a private forum or at least a question only magicians can answer before getting the PDF and details on the workings.

thanks
MAC


Not many people could be bothered to google "floating card". Will some, probably but most couldn't be bothered and some might believe voodoo.
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Quote:
On 2008-05-09 13:06, thehawk wrote:
Not many people could be bothered to google "floating card". Will some, probably but most couldn't be bothered and some might believe voodoo.


When performing privately at parties and for friends, I've actually had quite a few people attempt to google the effects I've done. I've had at least three people goodle trying to find FRAUD, (not by name), after performing the effect. One spent hours trying to google it and then finally found it. They still don't have any idea how it's done, but it's not uncommon by any means. (And these weren't just kids!)

Mike
adamc
View Profile
Regular user
Sydney, Australia
138 Posts

Profile of adamc
I'd make sure when performing the effect to never refer to the name of it. I know this is common sense, but sometimes it can be difficult not to tip the name.

For example, I was doing the invisible deck for some co-workers a while ago, and of course I started the routine by saying "I've got an invisible deck here, etc, etc". After the routine, everyone was amazed, as they usually are by the ID, but then one of the coworkers googled "invisible deck" and moments later he was explaining to everyone how it works. It was a real downer. Yeah, the guy is a complete ***hole, but that's besides the point.

After that incident, I made sure never to mention the name of the effect I'm performing. It can be difficult to keep things secret in the age of google and youtube exposure!

As far as searching for 'floating card', or whatever else comes to mind, they'll get tons of hits, but most likely none of them will be the right one.
RooMan
View Profile
Special user
Texas
703 Posts

Profile of RooMan
Still, this is an unprecedented situation. Ben has been kind enough to release an actual product info pack as well as a very detailed blog. It's a bit more possible for the determined spectator to find this particular effect.
The Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
1974 Posts

Profile of The Mac
Yes ben has been very kind in doing so I'm just a little worried that the info might be too available. The fact is its out there!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Ben Harris revolutionises the card levitation - Enlightenment (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..21~22~23~24~25..37~38~39 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL