The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Ben Harris revolutionises the card levitation - Enlightenment (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9..15..21..27..29~30~31~32~33..37~38~39 [Next]
simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
2402 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
Quote:
On 2007-09-28 03:39, Ben Harris wrote:
My fave non-card version is the "floating book application". Presented in a serious setting, this is way more magical than the floating card. Everyone gets to handle the book, they know it weighs a ton! And, you levitate it without touching it. The spectators then lift the book to make sure that there is nothing beneath it. You DON'T TOUCH the book!

Cheers

Ben


Hi Ben, can you give some more details about this kind of application? Will it take a Rokenbok-MLP ? Smile
Bill Lhotta
View Profile
Veteran user
on top of a 14000' mountain in Colorado
356 Posts

Profile of Bill Lhotta
Straight from the dictionary, here is what I found when I looked up levitation:

"To rise or cause to rise into the air and float in apparent defiance of gravity."

** Bill **

Quote:
On 2008-05-15 14:43, gdw wrote:
Quote:
On 2008-05-15 14:07, Shodan wrote:
It doesn't REALLY levitate? My goodness! Aren't we supposed to be doing actual wizardry here?


No, but talking of "genuine levitations" and magnets certainly leads one to the conclusion of "magnetic levitation."

However, Ben does not like to call magnetic levitation by that name, he considers it "suspension," even though physics and science seem happy with calling it a levitation.
tbaer
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania
1965 Posts

Profile of tbaer
Quote:
On 2008-05-15 18:18, Wesker wrote:
Where are these magic classifieds that everyone is selling their Enlightenment on? I wouldn't mind picking up some more units on the cheap.


There were some for sale on the "for sale" section, however, you need 50 posts to gain access to it. You are almost there.
Tim Jahn
View Profile
Special user
South Florida
911 Posts

Profile of Tim Jahn
Quote:
On 2008-05-15 12:51, tdowell wrote:
Quote:
On 2008-05-15 11:43, Tim Jahn wrote:
Very Good!! Out of all of that, You heard one thing. Thanks for proving my point.


Yes Tim, I heard and proved you will continue to attack anyone who attempts to criticize this effect, the hype it generated, and its less than revolutionary method.

Oh, and as for proving your point, thanks for proving mine.


And I've heard you sir And that YOU will continue to attack anyone who defends it.
By the way, Criticizing the effect is one thing. I believe I said that if you don't like the thing, Fine, that's your opinion. But you are trying to make it seem that you were misled and that's simply not the case. Well...unless you count misleading yourself with an over active imagination. Your trying to call someone a liar because of your mistakes.

What was your point exactly that I helped prove? Thanks for proving mine again though by hearing only what you wanted to. Again so that you don't misunderstand, If you don't like enlightenment, Man that's great. Not everyone will like everything and I wouldn't expect that to happen with anything.

Calling honest people liars because you refuse to listen in the first place however is a little less than cool.

I hope I have helped prove your next imaginary point with this post. Have fun.

Tim
Andrew, (ASW)
The effects on the DVD and lecture notes are far beyond your abilities. (They require mastery of the mechanic's grip.) It would only break your heart.
Sincerely,
Darwin Ortiz.......(This post has got to be in my top 5.)
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5697 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Back on topic please. Thank you. Smile Smile

Regards,

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Ben Harris
View Profile
V.I.P.
The Land Down Under
2116 Posts

Profile of Ben Harris
Hi Simcoscor,

The book version uses a bigger magnet and a bigger Engine. I will be performing this as a bonus live performance on the DVD. I use it with a Star Wars book and give a real demo of the "force." Construction details for this and things like the FLOATING BLOCK will be included in the forethcoming DEVELOPMENT KIT.

Bill, thanks for looking up "levitation" in your dictionary and finding the firm reference to "RISE".

Tim, It's cool man. Thanks for your support.

Ben
+Inventor of the world famous Floating Match+
+Author: Machinations (Vanishing Inc, 2020)+
EVERYTHING BEN HARRIS
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of gdw
It's amazing, people will criticize you for "biting the hand that feeds you," while they're busy praising the hand that beats them.

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
tdowell
View Profile
Inner circle
1079 Posts

Profile of tdowell
Quote:
On 2008-05-15 18:18, Wesker wrote:
Where are these magic classifieds that everyone is selling their Enlightenment on? I wouldn't mind picking up some more units on the cheap.


Mine sold for $53.00 on the Bay and that included the Paradigm Shifter magnet (brand new in box). I guess that's the market value now.
Wesker
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of Wesker
Quote:
On 2008-05-15 19:41, tbaer wrote:
Quote:
On 2008-05-15 18:18, Wesker wrote:
Where are these magic classifieds that everyone is selling their Enlightenment on? I wouldn't mind picking up some more units on the cheap.


There were some for sale on the "for sale" section, however, you need 50 posts to gain access to it. You are almost there.


I guess I should stop lurking then :X
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2341 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
That is why I will never buy a brand new car. I did get a good deal on this from my friend and hopefully I will get some use out of this.
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
http://www.facebook.com/Doug.Lippert
TheAmazingSteveo
View Profile
Inner circle
1570 Posts

Profile of TheAmazingSteveo
Here is a video of a glass being levitated and then wine is poured into the glass while it is suspended:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEu5Qkqw7Tg&feature=related

VERY COOL !!!!!!!!!!!!
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10599 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
I bet the wine also had a richer flavour after - there are special magnetic devices that actually "air out" wine quickly... really!
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
2402 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
Quote:
On 2008-05-16 20:43, Dr Spektor wrote:
I bet the wine also had a richer flavour after - there are special magnetic devices that actually "air out" wine quickly... really!


If you refer to The Clef du Vin, it is an alloy made up of many different metals, including copper (no magnets). Nothing to do with dropping copper, though.
http://www.clef-du-vin.com/english/presentation.html

BTW, it works!
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10599 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
No... but thanks for the link! I was talking about this gizmo... my friend the onierophile says it is bunk...

http://www.winecellarexpress.com/

But hey, do ENLIGHTMENT near some wine and enjoy!

But read all about the magnetic wine effects:

http://www.badscience.net/?p=192

However, if you use enough wine - the specs might not only see the card rise but split into 3... and when they look under they won't see anything as they blackout.
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
2402 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
You found the "sweet spot" !!! Smile

Thanks for the links!!
mesmer
View Profile
Inner circle
1186 Posts

Profile of mesmer
I have this Enlightment...Cute....it is now in the drwaing...not because it is Not Good...it is very Good indeed, but I haven't found Motivation/Reason/Meaning that truly Conncet to me of why the cards float up and then Down.....

and plus I have so many things to work on at this moment, I use this Cute Magical Effect to entertain my self

now back to the Thinking Room!
Ben Harris
View Profile
V.I.P.
The Land Down Under
2116 Posts

Profile of Ben Harris
Hi Mesmer,

Thanks for your feedback.
I hope you find the "motivational anchor" for this.

Cheers mate

Ben
+Inventor of the world famous Floating Match+
+Author: Machinations (Vanishing Inc, 2020)+
EVERYTHING BEN HARRIS
Scott Fridinger
View Profile
Special user
Gloucester Pt, VA
887 Posts

Profile of Scott Fridinger
After reading the 30+ pages of posts on this item, and without seeing the item at all (I am deployed), I would say that there are many people who really thought this was going to be some device that you could look at and it would just work. Or they thought it would be real magic. The problem is, if it was they would probably still be dissapointed.

I think this item has a great deal of potential if you look at WHAT IT DOES and not HOW IT DOES IT.

P.S.

I have always enjoyed COSMOSIS.
www.JustGreatMagic.com
Sleight of Hand, Sleight of Mind
thehawk
View Profile
Inner circle
2275 Posts

Profile of thehawk
The item sounds fantastic. Most did believe it was magnetic repullsion and when they found out how it worked the magic was gone. Still patiently waiting for mine.
Another great effect is WOW and after some found out how it was done they went on sale here at ther Café.
I believe soon after people use it more you will here more great stories on Enlightenment. Thanks Ben for sharing this with the magic community.
thehawk
View Profile
Inner circle
2275 Posts

Profile of thehawk
Quote:
On 2008-05-20 08:19, thehawk wrote:
The item sounds fantastic. Most did believe it was magnetic repullsion and when they found out how it worked the magic was gone. Still patiently waiting for mine.
Another great effect is WOW and after some found out how it was done they went on sale here at the Café.
I believe soon after people use it more you will here more great stories on Enlightenment. Thanks Ben for sharing this with the magic community.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Ben Harris revolutionises the card levitation - Enlightenment (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9..15..21..27..29~30~31~32~33..37~38~39 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL