We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Ben Harris revolutionises the card levitation - Enlightenment (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8..14..19..24..29..34..37~38~39 [Next]
Silvio Solaris
View Profile
Inner circle
Xtreme Magic
1110 Posts

Profile of Silvio Solaris
Hand it over now and nobody get's hurt Smile
Magical Wishes

Silvio Solaris

'Is all that we see and seem but a dream within a dream?' E.A.Poe
oombob
View Profile
Special user
Canada
680 Posts

Profile of oombob
Precision work in plastic and brass. Wow... I love the sound of that.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14062 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Brass, yes Plastic..well, it's usually not as durable as the brass. but at least we know the gimmick is not constructed of cardboard or paper. That's a good omen, I'd say.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4208 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
Exciting!
Gilgamesh_The_Librarian
View Profile
Elite user
408 Posts

Profile of Gilgamesh_The_Librarian
Quote:
On 2008-01-28 17:40, Ben Harris wrote:
Funny, guys!

Latest --

We are working on having this factory made. Precision work in plastic and brass.
If this all works out, then there will be no book, no self-construction, just a beautifully made gimmick and instructions. The price would come down too. Possibly, $69.95 - complete.

This is not definite, there are still lots of details to sort, but it will still be a May release.

Cheers

Ben

Blimey !!!

My mind has gone into overdrive now trying to figure out how this may work. One things for certain it doesn't feel like any of the more obvious solutions to this effect.

Count me intrigued X 10 !!!
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14062 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Well, it's a brass and plastic device that causes the card to apparently rise..HOWEVER, the device is somehow INVISIBLE, because the spectator can look directly under the card, (unlike Alida,) Ben tells us, and not see it.

Conclusion? Simple. It's an invisible brass and plastic thingy..made of, well, ummm, invisible brass and plastic, what else?

Shoot. You could make this yourself. Just go down to your local hardware store, and ask the man where they keep their invisible brass and plastic.....
Shodan
View Profile
Special user
Isle of Man
663 Posts

Profile of Shodan
"right next to the packets of holes sir"

This sounds like its shaping up to be very interesting - something to look forward to in May!
"You don't go up to strangers with a stick and come at their head...introduce yourself first, then come at them with a stick." - David Williamson
oombob
View Profile
Special user
Canada
680 Posts

Profile of oombob
Dang... this one has me hooked. See you in May.
Silvio Solaris
View Profile
Inner circle
Xtreme Magic
1110 Posts

Honestly you got me now Ben...I thought it was a different method/principle.
Now reading what it is made of and STILL 'permitting' the spectator to touch/remove the card....you got me too...LOL

Very well done Ben!
Magical Wishes

Silvio Solaris

Ben Harris
View Profile
V.I.P.
The Land Down Under
2117 Posts

Profile of Ben Harris
Gentlemen,

We will have an announcement to make re Enlightenment shortly.

I can confirm that you will receive a precision, factory-made gimmick that is designed to work for the Floating Card application AND for the levitation of dollar bills and other small objects.

Details and a FREE downloadable "Product Specification" will be available within weeks. The purpose of this document will be to fully reveal the scope, breadth and limitations of the product so that you can make an informed decision.

The download will REVEAL the method.

Those registered for updates will be the first to receive notification.

http://www.wowbound.com

Cheers

Ben
+Inventor of the world famous Floating Match+
+Author: Machinations (Vanishing Inc, 2020)+
EVERYTHING BEN HARRIS
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4071 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
This must be good, I can't wait!

Mike
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5717 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On 2008-02-11 20:50, Ben Harris wrote:
Details and a FREE downloadable "Product Specification" will be available within weeks. The purpose of this document will be to fully reveal the scope, breadth and limitations of the product so that you can make an informed decision.

That's like a good innovator, manufacturer & a gentleman. You're creating History!

Good luck & thank you Ben!

Smile

P.S. See you in May. Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14062 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Quote:
On 2008-02-11 20:50, Ben Harris wrote:
Gentlemen,

We will have an announcement to make re Enlightenment shortly.

I can confirm that you will receive a precision, factory-made gimmick that is designed to work for the Floating Card application AND for the levitation of dollar bills and other small objects.

The download will REVEAL the method.

Those registered for updates will be the first to receive notification.

http://www.wowbound.com

Cheers

Ben

What you are doing here may be unprecedented...
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I have a feeling Paul Harris will be tickled over Ben's creation!

I'm still shocked by the video.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
KMan1564
View Profile
Loyal user
228 Posts

Profile of KMan1564
Sounds fabulous Ben. Care to drive me around next time I'm in your part of the town? Smile
New Mentalism and eMagic Supply Exclusives
http://emagicsupply.com/126.html
RooMan
View Profile
Special user
Texas
703 Posts

Profile of RooMan
Huh? Wha..? Reveal the method before we buy? Have I stumbled into an alternate universe? That's probably the most amazing thing I've ever read in the Magic Café!
Ben, my hat is off to you and my wallet open.
Eric Simmatis
View Profile
Regular user
118 Posts

Profile of Eric Simmatis
Wow! I ccant wait for this...and you reveal it before we buy...amazing and I'm deffently buying this!!!
Ben Harris
View Profile
V.I.P.
The Land Down Under
2117 Posts

Profile of Ben Harris
Hi Eric,

Thanks for your confidence in "definitely buying this."

But, please, the purpose of the upcoming "reveal" will be to give you the info you really need to make that decision. I'm 100% sure you'll want to walk across hot coals for this when you know the method, but I want you and everyone to wait and make an informed decision. There is so much crap out there, you deserve to know exactly what you are buying.

Cheers

Ben
+Inventor of the world famous Floating Match+
+Author: Machinations (Vanishing Inc, 2020)+
EVERYTHING BEN HARRIS
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14062 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I have to concur we deserve to know exactly what we are buying with ALL the effects we purchase from any and all dealers..however, in 99% of the cases, we are either outright lied to or at very least only told a fraction of the real truth....or told a half lie.
Silvio Solaris
View Profile
Inner circle
Xtreme Magic
1110 Posts

Quote:
On 2008-02-17 17:56, Ben Harris wrote:
Hi Eric,

Thanks for your confidence in "definitely buying this."

But, please, the purpose of the upcoming "reveal" will be to give you the info you really need to make that decision. I'm 100% sure you'll want to walk across hot coals for this when you know the method, but I want you and everyone to wait and make an informed decision. There is so much crap out there, you deserve to know exactly what you are buying.

Cheers

Ben

No kidding! There is a lot of crap out there... It is time that we introduce a 'quality control' to magic tricks/illusions.

I think to reveal the method before a purchase is made very courageous and on the other hand shows great confidence and trust to your customers. Nevertheless, and IMHO, I would have everyone sign a non-disclosure before revealing the facts...

I will even buy this without knowing the exact method (although I have an idea after you mentioned the materials).

This is awesome Ben. Very well done!
Magical Wishes

Silvio Solaris

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Ben Harris revolutionises the card levitation - Enlightenment (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8..14..19..24..29..34..37~38~39 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL