The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Ben Harris revolutionises the card levitation - Enlightenment (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..22~23~24~25~26..37~38~39 [Next]
Ben Harris
View Profile
V.I.P.
The Land Down Under
2126 Posts

Profile of Ben Harris
Interesting thoughts, gentlemen.

I had not really thought that far ahead in regards this aspect of "googling" the info, etc. It may be wise to indeed make the Info Pack and possibly even this thread vanish in due course. All very interesting!

Ben
+Inventor of the world famous Floating Match+
+Author: Machinations (Vanishing Inc, 2020)+
EVERYTHING BEN HARRIS
The Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
1982 Posts

Profile of The Mac
Please consider it Ben.
GarySumpter
View Profile
Special user
UK
857 Posts

Profile of GarySumpter
I have had this effect for about 5 hours, all made up.

I really don't know if I like it.

Its clever, the packaging is nice etc etc.

It REALLY wasnt what I was expecting and I didn't think the magician would need to be so close to the deck for the levitation to happen (practically touching the card)

I will be playing with it this weekend and hope I can find a better handling that suits me Smile

Thanks

Gary
Ben Harris
View Profile
V.I.P.
The Land Down Under
2126 Posts

Profile of Ben Harris
Hi Gary,

Keenly look forward to your further feedback. Of, course, by using a stronger magnet you can activate from further away. How it's supplied is how I like to use it. Feel free to adapt and evolve the idea to best suit you.

Best of luck, look forward to the your results.

Cheers

Ben
EVERYTHING BEN HARRIS
Micheal Leath
View Profile
Inner circle
1048 Posts

Profile of Micheal Leath
Quote:
On 2008-05-09 16:53, GarySumpter wrote:
It REALLY wasnt what I was expecting and I didn't think the magician would need to be so close to the deck for the levitation to happen (practically touching the card)

In the demo, it doesn't look like he is close to the deck. Is a stronger magnet used in the demo?
gmmagic124
View Profile
Special user
751 Posts

Profile of gmmagic124
Quote:
On 2008-05-04 07:11, Al Straker wrote:

I feel like I am almost a Jedi now with this new found 'Enlightenment', performing it really is the closest thing to creating real magic I've felt in a long time.

Definitely looks like Jedi stuff to me.
Pretty Coooooool.
Ben Harris
View Profile
V.I.P.
The Land Down Under
2126 Posts

Profile of Ben Harris
In the demo I may be using the drive magnet concealed under my jeans, at the knee. Several "positions" were used in the clips. A STRONGER magnet at the knee is a VERY good way to go.

Also, a powerful but small drive magnet built into a "sharpie" body is a great self-contained application.

Cheers

Ben
EVERYTHING BEN HARRIS
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On 2008-05-09 20:59, Ben Harris wrote:
. . . a powerful but small drive magnet built into a "sharpie" body is a great self-contained application.

. . . or in a small Magic Wand.

A small cylindrical N-50 (1/2" Diameter X 1/2" height) magnet concealed in the tip of a hollow wand works great. Smile

:xmas:

P.S. Mark my words; I said 'works great' - Meaning it works great with the gimmick I make & use for such levitations. I am not referring to the 'Enlightenment' gimmick.
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Ben Harris
View Profile
V.I.P.
The Land Down Under
2126 Posts

Profile of Ben Harris
Ustaad,

I think that any of these would be made to work.

We have an application in development where the lid of a card box contains a mini drive magnet. It's close proximity allows it to work.

The DEVELOPMENT KIT will be available in a couple of months. Lots of applications (and non-assembled Engine bits) for you to assemble/explore at home. Keep an eye out for it.

Ben
EVERYTHING BEN HARRIS
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On 2008-05-09 23:17, Ben Harris wrote:
Ustaad,

I think that any of these would be made to work.

We have an application in development where the lid of a card box contains a mini drive magnet. It's close proximity allows it to work.

The DEVELOPMENT KIT will be available in a couple of months. Lots of applications (and non-assembled Engine bits) for you to assemble/explore at home.
Keep an eye out for it.

Ben

WOW! Great! Good news. Thanks!

These are the kind of things I look forward to - the DIY way! Smile

PMed you with regards to the card box used as a driver for the 'Enlightenment'.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
I'm more attracted to this every day.. Smile ...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
GarySumpter
View Profile
Special user
UK
857 Posts

Profile of GarySumpter
To be fair if a stronger magnet is a better choice, why did I pay £19.99 for the 'best magnet for the effect, designed for enlightenment' ?

Not starting an arguement but I am a bit peeved, having spent £70, to find that the effect really isn't what it seemed to be and in order to get the desired effect, a sronger magnet is required....

Gary
thehawk
View Profile
Inner circle
2275 Posts

Profile of thehawk
Quote:
On 2008-05-10 10:53, GarySumpter wrote:
To be fair if a stronger magnet is a better choice, why did I pay £19.99 for the 'best magnet for the effect, designed for enlightenment' ?

Not starting an arguement but I am a bit peeved, having spent £70, to find that the effect really isn't what it seemed to be and in order to get the desired effect, a sronger magnet is required....

Gary

I also bought the whole package from Ben but it hasn't arrived yet. Try a stronger magnet Gary and let us know if it improves the effect. If the magnet he sells doesn't work properly he should refund your money for the magnet especially if it requires a stronger one.
GarySumpter
View Profile
Special user
UK
857 Posts

Profile of GarySumpter
To be honest I don't want to spend any more money on it as I really don't think I will use the effect.

Gary
king42262
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of king42262
I seem to be having problems getting it to work ,anyone else having this problem?
GarySumpter
View Profile
Special user
UK
857 Posts

Profile of GarySumpter
It works for me, as long as I am a few millimetres from the deck, which doesn't suit me.

Not sure if that's how its supposed to be.
GarySumpter
View Profile
Special user
UK
857 Posts

Profile of GarySumpter
Ben,

a few things.

Firstly, I think it needs to be made clear that if you want to do the floating card effect in the spectators hand (as seen in the demo) then this cant be done with the Paradigm Shifter.

Secondly, in the demo, the card floats, then its shown both sides, with the next few cards each being displayed. That doesn't seem to make much sense to me? I made the simpler version to start with and this wouldnt be possible...

Could you shine some light? Either here or via pm?

Gary
king42262
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of king42262
Just managed to get mine working id say from roughly 3inchs away but one question and as I bought this for the effect performed in the spectators hand how will this be possible if the Paradigm Shifter only works from that distance ??
GarySumpter
View Profile
Special user
UK
857 Posts

Profile of GarySumpter
You need to buy a stronger M.
king42262
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of king42262
Maybe one you could where on your back like a rucksack! lol
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Ben Harris revolutionises the card levitation - Enlightenment (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..22~23~24~25~26..37~38~39 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL