The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Ben Harris revolutionises the card levitation - Enlightenment (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10..17..24..31..36~37~38~39 [Next]
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Just checked the Enlightenment and see that Ben just updated it:

http://www.wowbound.com/blog.html
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
ahzhe
View Profile
Regular user
180 Posts

Profile of ahzhe
May I know why CID is cheaper than the original enlightenment
Ben Harris
View Profile
V.I.P.
The Land Down Under
2126 Posts

Profile of Ben Harris
Hi ahzhe,

It's a little cheaper because it does not come with a typeset, liquid-laminated, perfect-bound, 100 page book of instructions. That accounts for the $10 price difference. Of course, I could have been greedy, but that's not my style!

Cheers

Ben
+Inventor of the world famous Floating Match+
+Author: Machinations (Vanishing Inc, 2020)+
EVERYTHING BEN HARRIS
ahzhe
View Profile
Regular user
180 Posts

Profile of ahzhe
Thanks
may I know the pro & con of the CID and original enlightenment?
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2008-09-15 03:31, ahzhe wrote:
Thanks
may I know the pro & con of the CID and original enlightenment?

The original you have to make up the deck. It isn't hard and if you're good at things like that, have at it.

The CID is a work of art. It looks prefect, feels perfect, etc.

Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Check out this Youtube clip. It's Enlightenment in their hands. TOO COOL!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LctHtRtPHvg

Ben Harris
View Profile
V.I.P.
The Land Down Under
2126 Posts

Profile of Ben Harris
Magicgeek did a great job with that video demo. It clearly demonstrates that you can perform this in a spectator's hand. Notice how he carefully, yet casually, controlled every moment. The spectator's reaction was REAL. They really DO not care about the deck after the levitation. All attention is on their freely selected card.

Cheers

Ben
EVERYTHING BEN HARRIS
ahzhe
View Profile
Regular user
180 Posts

Profile of ahzhe
If I purchase enlightenment CID, can I take the core gimmick out and perform floating bill or anything else as I do not want to perform only floating card effect with such a powerful device
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2008-09-17 13:50, ahzhe wrote:
If I purchase enlightenment CID, can I take the core gimmick out and perform floating bill or anything else as I do not want to perform only floating card effect with such a powerful device

The Enlightenment Custom Installed Deck has the core gimmick set into the deck. It's perfectly aligned for maximum impact. If you want to do more, you'd need the Development Kit.

To be sure you order exactly what you're looking for, I think it's best to email Ben Harris and he can guide you on what you'll need for your specific performing needs: ben@wowbound.com

ahzhe
View Profile
Regular user
180 Posts

Profile of ahzhe
Now the development kits is up in murphy's already
I am confused
is that development kits comes with the enlightenment gimmick?
do I have to buy the enlightenment gimmick together with the development kits?
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2008-09-18 22:03, ahzhe wrote:
Now the development kits is up in murphy's already
I am confused
is that development kits comes with the enlightenment gimmick?
do I have to buy the enlightenment gimmick together with the development kits?

E-mail Ben and he'll be glad to help: ben@wowbound.com

Ben Harris
View Profile
V.I.P.
The Land Down Under
2126 Posts

Profile of Ben Harris
Hi Ahzhe,

Firstly, you need to decide what you want to do with Enlightenment.

The gimmick is a small unit that reacts to a nearby magnet to create lift.
If you want to use this in a variety of ways (ie: installed in a deck for a self-contained card levitation OR as a stand alone gimmick that you can load under a dollar bill) then you need the ENLIGHTENMENT BOXED SET. This contains the stand-alone gimmick and a book detailing the deck installation and the STAND-ALONE application.

However, if you only want to use the Card Levitation, then just get the CID. This is expertly installed for you in a deck of Blue Bikes. The cards are factory cut, and the gimmick modified for THIS USE ONLY. You cannot remove the gimmck for any other apps.

The DKIT is a separate kettle of fish. It comes with UNASSEMBLED bits and pieces and a book of ideas allowing you to explore and INVENT your own applications. The DKIT explores APPLICATIONS OTHER THAN THOSE DESCRIBED in the Boxed Set or the CID.

Hope this helps.

Oh, by the way. The blog is updated with David Regal's review from Genii and a slight extension of our PRE-PUBLICATION OFFER (due to us being a week late in releasing the DKIT). Hurry only about 25 or so units left for this special offer.

We have also made Chris Ballinger's cool video demo our default clip. It clearly shows the effect being performed in the spectator's own hand with a lovely reaction.

http://www.wowbound.com/blog.html

Cheers

Ben
EVERYTHING BEN HARRIS
ahzhe
View Profile
Regular user
180 Posts

Profile of ahzhe
Thank you very much for your kindly reply
I have decided to buy the enlightenment boxed set + development kit + paradigm shifter
good job
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
DAVID REGAL'S GENII September 2008 issue REVIEW:

"Here, the subject matter is a levitating card, not a floating business card on an invisible thread that spins around the body like a whirligig, but the mysterious rising of a playing card on a surface, rising about an inch, then descending, at which point the card is handed out for examination.

Mr. Harris openly states that the purchaser needs a PK Magnet in order to make his gizmo work (he sells one he calls The Paradigm Shifter for $35) so I’m not speaking out of school here, and that gizmo is an achievement. The “Limited Edition Boxed Set” that one purchases for $80 is a tight little graphically ornate package, about 4” x 6” which contains a gimmick that looks like a product of Silicon Valley. There’s also a little 100-page book and a quick start manual.

The gimmick can be used stand-alone, or incorporated into such things as a deck of cards. I took the time to make up a gimmicked deck, the work of an evening for a klutz like me, and it turned out fine. I made cards float about 100 times that first night. My wife was so proud.

To answer the questions that also arise, no, the card is not held suspended in a perfect “sweet spot” of magnetic forces, allowing anyone to look under the floating card. The trick is done with spectators basically looking down at the deck, but the angles are pretty darned good, and as the card rises the hands make soft motions near, over, or around the deck. Both hands need not move, the extended forefinger of one hand can seem to provide the motive force.

The rise itself is gentle and lovely—the gimmick requires a bit of practice, but once it is understood it is reliable as a rock.

A benefit of the gimmick is the fact that it can be incorporated into a block of cards, leaving the majority of the deck free for shuffling or other card effects.

The Ben Harris stealth gizmo (did he consider that name?) is always ready to go, and it’s well-camouflaged. Indeed, the audience stares at what becomes the floating card’s platform without knowing it.

The application Mr. Harris has developed is exciting and refreshing, and if one does not wish to do the arts and crafts thing, he will sell you custom-crafted “Enlightenment” decks, with an even thinner gimmicked portion of cards, for $69.95, ten bucks less than the boxed set, but no instructions are included. I’ve seen the custom decks (CID), and they are beautifully rendered. These decks should be reaching dealers by the time you read this review, but if your local store does not carry them you can order from Mr. Harris directly at http://www.wowbound.com.

Considerations: This is not a trick for every occasion—it is a trick for the right occasions."

Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2343 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
Mmhm, that was a good review by the great David Regal and like he says it is best to pull this one out on the right occasions.

How To Achieve Enlightenment in 5 er, 6 steps.
*little bit of cheese and crackers
*some bubbly
*Barry Manilow CD
*dimmed lighting to best hide the gimmick
*get into some more comfortable clothing to best conceal that huge magnet in your pants---that is strapped to your leg
*make sure movements are slow-n-smooth till you reach the moment of "enlightenment"
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
Tim Jahn
View Profile
Special user
South Florida
911 Posts

Profile of Tim Jahn
Quote:
On 2008-10-01 11:21, DVLKCC wrote:
Mmhm, that was a good review by the great David Regal and like he says it is best to pull this one out on the right occasions.

How To Achieve Enlightenment in 5 er, 6 steps.
*little bit of cheese and crackers
*some bubbly
*Barry Manilow CD
*dimmed lighting to best hide the gimmick
*get into some more comfortable clothing to best conceal that huge magnet in your pants---that is strapped to your leg
*make sure movements are slow-n-smooth till you reach the moment of "enlightenment"

It rubs the lotion on its skin.
Andrew, (ASW)
The effects on the DVD and lecture notes are far beyond your abilities. (They require mastery of the mechanic's grip.) It would only break your heart.
Sincerely,
Darwin Ortiz.......(This post has got to be in my top 5.)
ahzhe
View Profile
Regular user
180 Posts

Profile of ahzhe
In the demo video of the enlightenment

1.after the card rest on the top of the deck, the floated card as well as the 2nd and 3rd card can be handed out and show that they are normal

2.the card is floating above a book, and there is nothing in between the book and the card

are these really possible?
Ben Harris
View Profile
V.I.P.
The Land Down Under
2126 Posts

Profile of Ben Harris
Hi Ahzhe,

Yes, all these are possible. A packet turnover can achieve the former, and the gimmick is built into the book cover (as described in the DKIT) for the latter.

Cheers

Ben
EVERYTHING BEN HARRIS
ahzhe
View Profile
Regular user
180 Posts

Profile of ahzhe
But you show them right after the top card stop floating, without any secret move
Ben Harris
View Profile
V.I.P.
The Land Down Under
2126 Posts

Profile of Ben Harris
The secret move is a card sleight. I guess it's done rather well. LOL.
It's a block push-off.

Cheers

Ben
EVERYTHING BEN HARRIS
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Ben Harris revolutionises the card levitation - Enlightenment (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10..17..24..31..36~37~38~39 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL