We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Where buy Superior Needle through Balloon (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

murray
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of murray
Hi, I've just joined these forums. I'm looking for Superior Needle through Balloon: which shops (preferably on-line, and in U.S. or Canada) sell it?

I've never performed this (only a version with a tube), so I need instructions and the needle. I found a source for the right balloons in bulk.

P.S. I'm coming back to being actively involved in performing after some 45 years. As a pre-teen and teen I studied, first, with Andy Furlong at Max Holden's in Philadelphia and then with Jack Chanin. I performed at parties, on stage before groups, and a couple of times on local TV (in a two-performer magic act where we introduced ourselves, and concluded the act, singing!).
MagiCanada
View Profile
Regular user
Vancouver
140 Posts

Profile of MagiCanada
Welcome to the Café!
Nedim
View Profile
Elite user
istanbul/turkey
444 Posts

Profile of Nedim
Hi,

Welcome to the Café. Here is a great place to talk about magic and learn new things. You can talk with magicians all around the world. I hope you will enjoy here. Have a nice time. And don't forget to write.

magicially yours,

Nedim Guzel
Dr. TORA
View Profile
Inner circle
TURKEY
1449 Posts

Profile of Dr. TORA
Hi Murray,
I am afraid you will not get a response for your question here. This Forum is only for introductions. Whay don!t you write an introduction of yourself brfore checking the orhjer sections of the Café about your inquiery ?
Magically Yours,

OZLEN TUNCER /Dr.TORA

Have you visited my new Website in English, yet?

www.magictora.com or www.torasmagic.com
murray
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of murray
First, the reason I posted here was that there are so many separate forums devoted to such very limited, specialized topics, I could not discern the one(s) to which to post the question.

Second, about me: I'm a 68-year-old college math professor nearing retirement who is ready to come back to doing magic rather than just following it and reading about it (especially as now I have a grandson of an age who can appreciate magic).

I fell in love with magic the first time -- perhaps I was around 8 -- I was taken to see the full evening show of Harry Blackstone (senior). I saw his shows annually in Philadelphia, PA (USA) and once had the thrill of going backstage to meet him; I still have the little piece of paper on which he gave me his characteristic autograph, complete with quickly sketched picture of himself, all done with a ball-point pen. Many, many years later when I saw the full show of Blackstone, Jr., I was amazed that the patter in some of the same tricks was identical, word for word, with what Blackstone, Sr., had used.

I attended the annual public performances of the Philadelphia IBM ring. There I saw unforgettable performances by Cardini and Ade Duval.

As a pre-teen and teen-ager I studied first with Andy Furlong at Max Holden's (Philadelphia, PA, USA) and then with Jack Chanin. Tarbell's Course of Magic became my Bible. During that period I performed regularly for school assemblies and, for modest pay, at parties, at church and synagogue family events, including some for many hundreds of people, and several times on a local TV program. The TV appearances was as half of a two-boy act that began and ended with us singing a hello and a goodbye.

By college I simply never had time to continue to perform, except occasionally, in my twenties, for large family gatherings. For a while some years ago, after moving to New England, a friend "re-introduced" me to magic, and I belonged to SAM then. (But gave up membership when traveling to the city where it met took too long and when the SAM magazine, MUM, just had too much chit-chat and not enough actual magic.)

I have an interest in all kinds of magic, although with a very few exceptions I don't particularly care to watch or perform card manipulations (whether pure slight or with gimmicked cards).

My stock of props, from Lota bowls to silks, is aged and decrepit. Clearly I need to replenish some of that now. And it seems proportionally so much more expensive today. I also hate the fact that instructions for so many effects are now in the form of DVDs instead of printed books or pamphlets. The DVDs require me to be tethered to my TV set or computer and don't do a good job of showing me the way things look from the performer's point of view, as contrasted to the hand-drawn illustrations in books with which I grew up.
zerofire
View Profile
New user
36 Posts

Profile of zerofire
Welcome to the Café
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3596 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
Welcome Murray!

Glad to see some other "mature" magicians here.

Jim
JeremyM0411
View Profile
Special user
Moody, Alabama
613 Posts

Profile of JeremyM0411
Hi, welcome to the Café. Hope you enjoy your stay.
21callifornia
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of 21callifornia
Hi welcome to the Café.
professorwhut
View Profile
Inner circle
Posts R US sold me
1340 Posts

Profile of professorwhut
Hello Murry,
What a great story about meeting Harry Sr!
You might want to try the section (Stage, Platform and Parlour) to find out about the needle.

Good luck and welcome
After much soul searching about a signature, I decided not to have one.

Tracy Guillory [aka ProfessorWhut]
Nedim
View Profile
Elite user
istanbul/turkey
444 Posts

Profile of Nedim
Hi,

Welcome to the Café. Here is a great place to talk about magic and learn new things. You can talk with magicians all around the world. I hope you will enjoy here. Have a nice time. And don't forget to write.

magicially yours,

Nedim Guzel
JeremyM0411
View Profile
Special user
Moody, Alabama
613 Posts

Profile of JeremyM0411
Welcome to the Café.
Dr. TORA
View Profile
Inner circle
TURKEY
1449 Posts

Profile of Dr. TORA
HÝ Murry, I am very glad that yoýu have introduced yourself. And as Math Master, you may be a master of MatheMagic. In which you use math in magic. Anyway,
welcome to our beautiful Café. As you have noticed it is one of a kind;unique.Absolutely the best the best place about magic ever.You will find this as a invaluable source that you can not buy even with money. The people are so friendly as well as being helpful.The Café is such a the unique place for Magic. It is ever expanding and has over 31.000 members throughout the world. It will make a great contribution to your magic perspective. Do not forget to post often. You will find many new friends and many new ideas here. I predict you will like the Café.Please grab a chair and begin to type your next post while you have a cup of strong Turkish coffee on my bill.
We are glad that you have joined us.
Magically Yours,

OZLEN TUNCER /Dr.TORA

Have you visited my new Website in English, yet?

www.magictora.com or www.torasmagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Where buy Superior Needle through Balloon (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL