The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » Get out your knives for Thad S. Gross! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

KC Cameron
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, North Carolina
1823 Posts

Profile of KC Cameron
This is the first page demo of a new children's character I am creating. I am looking for NEGATIVE comments on the text and graphics. Please, no comments on the nature of the show.

It just went up, so if you can't see it, wait 24 hours for it to propagate.

http://ThadSGross.com
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Hello Captain Kid,

I think the green border overpowers the text. My eyes have to fight to stay focused on the text as the border pulls my attention away from it. This makes it undesirable to read the text.

I'd fade the color of the border a bit.

Best,

Tim
KC Cameron
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, North Carolina
1823 Posts

Profile of KC Cameron
Tim,

Coming from you, that means a lot! Thanks, I darkened it.

Kerry

Posted: Jul 23, 2007 2:45pm
OK, Lightened the background and the border now remains the same. Thanks Tim!

Posted: Jul 29, 2007 11:56am
Any comments at all? Anything?

Posted: Aug 2, 2007 10:14am
Thanks, I forget that print and web are two different things. In print, you want the body to be serif and the headlines to be sans serif. Thanks again!
HauntingMagic
View Profile
New user
Raleigh, NC USA
38 Posts

Profile of HauntingMagic
Anything else?
Daegs
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
4282 Posts

Profile of Daegs
What program did you use to do the graphics?

On my standard 1024x768 monitor, the text and graphics looks "chunky" and slightly blurry almost like it was made at a much lower resolution or possibly just at a different aspect ratio so there is some non-optimized resizing going on.

Get that open in a quality program such as GIMP or Photoshop and resize the originals so the text/graphics look sharp and crisp

also some drop shadows, or inner/outer glow or simply an outline will help some of the text be more readable, perhaps a darker or lighter outline around the image text links will help them stand out a bit more.
KC Cameron
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, North Carolina
1823 Posts

Profile of KC Cameron
Yes, at a higher resolution it will appear "chunky". That is what happens to bit map graphics when enlarged. The non-optimized re-sizing is on your computer. It is all in ".gif" format and the buttons do need a little help in shading. The program was Photoshop, and I know it well. All this is a trade off to be fast loading. Perhaps too much of a trade off? Anyone else think so?
DoctorAmazo
View Profile
Special user
Florida
643 Posts

Profile of DoctorAmazo
The pun about exclaiming "Thad's gross" isn't really clear. I thought it was just an awkward sentence construction; and it wasn't until the 3rd or 4th reading that I realized where you were going with it.

Obviously, that's a line from your show. I'm sure it comes off better orally than in print.
KC Cameron
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, North Carolina
1823 Posts

Profile of KC Cameron
Thanks Doc, I fixed it.
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
CaptainKid,

I know what you mean about optimizing but in these highspeed days you are over doing it. I think you are paying too much of a trade off.

Best,

Tim
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6439 Posts

Profile of NJJ
Looks good!

The note to Moms is not need to my mind. If they have a problem with the show, they won't book you regardless of how much you convince their kids will like it! Stick to the positives.
KC Cameron
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, North Carolina
1823 Posts

Profile of KC Cameron
Daegs & Timothy Drake, You are right, and I smoothed things out.

Nicholas J. Johnson - I understand what you are saying, and I'm going to think about it first.
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Looking much better.. now howz about making it centered?? LOL

Best,

Tim
KC Cameron
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, North Carolina
1823 Posts

Profile of KC Cameron
Aarg - Do you think that is important? - It is written is CSS, and I am not an expert in CSS, so it could be a pain.
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Some place you have the option of position... left, middle(center) or right. You have chosen left. Simply choose middle or center and that's it.

Best,

Tim
KC Cameron
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, North Carolina
1823 Posts

Profile of KC Cameron
Tim, Sorry, it is not that easy. I wish it was.
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Captain Kid,

Email me the css file and that page and I'll do it for you and send it back.

Best,

Tim
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » Get out your knives for Thad S. Gross! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL