The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Magician in the making.. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

vaskl
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of vaskl
I recently started practicing magic. I have been interested in it most of my life but never knew anyone who could teach me..guess I finally decided to go the road alone.
well I now have MWCCIM and Royal road to card magic books, 3 decks of bikes and a Bike ID.
I cannot put thr RRTCM book down. I love it.
Question though, there are some tricks I know of that I would love to do, But am looking for them in a book.. I cant justify spending 10-12$$ on a trick while I am still so young to the art with so much to learn.
I would like a book that teaches the jack in the box trick, a good card restore that doesn't leave a piece ripped off, and maybe the trick stigmata was derived from...

I think I am asking too much haha!
Chris in Oklahoma City
solrak29
View Profile
Special user
NY Metro
936 Posts

Profile of solrak29
I think the resources (i.e. MWCCIM and Royal Road) are great place to start.

Especially if your diligent enough to work through them and practice. Alot
of us don't have that patience. I think you will learn a lot more through those
books than a 10-12 $$$ download.

I think you can develop a professional close up act with just what you have alone.

Does anyone agree or disagree?
To Find Me On The Pitch, Follow me :On Twitter
Checkout my pseudo blog : The Sidewalk Performers Forum

"I intend to live forever, or die trying" - Groucho Marx
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3717 Posts

Profile of mrunge
I agree. Those 2 book alone are a goldmine of information.

My suggestion? Take your time to read and study what you have. Work on an effect or two. Get those down and keep adding to your "bag of tricks."

As time goes along, you'll find yourself figuring out how a lot of things could be done on your own. That's part of the joy of the journey into magic.

Best wishes and enjoy the trip.

Mark.
vaskl
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of vaskl
Thanks think that's what I will do Smile
Chris in Oklahoma City
Andy the cardician
View Profile
Inner circle
A street named after my dad
3370 Posts

Profile of Andy the cardician
Good luck . and do not be afraid to ask for help and advice
Cards never lie
cosmicsecret
View Profile
Special user
Germany - Mannheim
504 Posts

Profile of cosmicsecret
Yeah both books are top!
Now to answer yoour question about a torn and restored card routine,well
since you are a beginner I cant advice you to look up for Daniel Garcia´s TORN,but
Brent Braun got a nice routine on this.Its not a piece by piece restoration.Its a in-a-flash restoration.You can find it in his digital notebook dvd Decks,Lies and Videotapes.Its very easy to do and you end totally clean at the end.
Keep practicing!
greetings
Jerry
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

Profile of THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
Do not get Torn. Get Ripped & Restored instead. Torn is basically an excat copy of Ripped & Restored. Ripped and Restored is taught better on the DVD, and they teach bonush tricks too, like mismade card, and restoring a card with a signature in each corner. There are lots of performances, and live ones too.
Strangelittleman
View Profile
Regular user
Sydney Aus
184 Posts

Profile of Strangelittleman
Just to expand on what Solrak29 said - "I think you can develop a professional close up act with just what you have alone."

Im a semi pro with my own permanent gigs now and can honestly say - ALL of my card work is from rrtcm and a lot of my other stuff is from MWCCIM. I do odds and sods that I've picked up (DVD's and the odd packet effect) but the core is from those two with my own 'spin' on a lot of it....and it gets great reactions.

Work hard with those two books and your well on your way - work hard on turning them into 'your' tricks and your going to be slaying your audience...

My 2 cents lol
Strangelittleman
Tez
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Magician in the making.. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL