We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » 410 calories without even taking a bite! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4354 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
McDonald's is so disgusting! lol, check out the Hugo drink

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/22/busine......Fvr3GkHg
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2122 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
89 cence...wow.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27164 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
If you're a dog, or eat like one... stay away.

If you occasionally want to guzzle, or just fillerup and pour for the entire family... may as well enjoy.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Bill Nuvo
View Profile
Inner circle
3094 Posts or
2747 Posts

Profile of Bill Nuvo
After reading that article, I feel like I'm gonna hurl...
btedeski
View Profile
Veteran user
Pittsburgh PA
322 Posts

Profile of btedeski
I worry that I might gain if I even read the article, I am on an 1800 cal a day diet
Down to 215 from 245
Billy The Clown
www.BillyTheClown.com

Bill Tedeski
Pittsburgh PA

Were magic is just too funny....
rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2451 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
"Here's your hamburger - and for the drink just pull around back, there's a guy with a hose..."
airship
View Profile
Inner circle
In my day, I have driven
1594 Posts

Profile of airship
Overheard in a McDonald's next week:

"... and for my beverage, I'll have... ummmmm... GRAVY!" Smile
'The central secret of conjuring is a manipulation of interest.' - Henry Hay
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2492 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
For those of you who love fast food burgers, and want to keep on loving fast food burgers, don't ever read the book Toxin by Robin Cook. I read it recently, and it made me soooo grateful to be a vegetarian. I have no illusions though, all food produced today has some problems either nutritionally, or chemically. Very sad.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4354 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
I love when I eat meat and vegetarians say ," Do you know what they do to those poor things?" I copy a comedian and say, " Nope but it tastes delicious". lol

Ugh speaking of fast food, I haven't ate fast food in about a year and went because I was starving hungry...I'm never eating fast food again -burger king- I feel like heeling over and dying ugh. Disgusting place, slab mayo and crap on it. Just these past few months I've went from 185lb to 150lb...I'd like to keep it that way anyways.
tnscot
View Profile
Loyal user
220 Posts

Profile of tnscot
Quote:
On 2007-07-24 21:10, Cliffg37 wrote:
For those of you who love fast food burgers, and want to keep on loving fast food burgers, don't ever read the book Toxin by Robin Cook. I read it recently, and it made me soooo grateful to be a vegetarian.

I heard that the cows bred and raised for meat are causing so much methane gas that it is erroding the ozone layer, and polluting our air. I am doing my part to stop this by eating as many of those cows as possible. (a nod to Ron White who did a similar joke in his stand up)
As Always,
Scot Legdermain
tnscot
View Profile
Loyal user
220 Posts

Profile of tnscot
And seriously...McDonalds only fills the demand. I go to McDonalds myself. And guess what? I don't buy the biggest thing on the menu. I know..shocking. But the simple fact is: Just becasue it's there, doesn't mean you have to eat it. Beer companies sell their product by the keg...that doesn't mean that I cant simply buy a 6-pack when I go to buy beer. For that matter, it doesn't mean that I have to drink the whole six pack in one sitting either. If a person lacks self control, that is nobody's fault except their own. If the general public didn't want huge portions, it wouldnt be profitable for people like McDonalds to offer them on the menu. Lets all quit trying to blame the foodservice companies for our greed.
As Always,
Scot Legdermain
Big Jeff
View Profile
Veteran user
301 Posts

Profile of Big Jeff
That drink is for LOOOOONNNNG road trips, when you're done drinking it you can use the cup for ....... instead of stopping.
MagiClyde
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
871 Posts

Profile of MagiClyde
Wendy's just introduced something called the Baconator. The sandwich, by itself, has almost 900 calories. Coupled with the fries and the usual high-sugar soft drink most people order, I'd hate to calculate how many diets could be blown with just this one meal!

The sad part is that before he died of cancer, Dave Thomas appeared to be trying to steer Wendy's in a healthier direction. And before the fat jokes start, Thomas worked very hard for many years to actually lose weight and become "thin". Definitely NOT an easy task under any circumstances.

Of course, with the "Hugo", I wonder how many bathroom breaks that represents? Smile
Magic! The quicker picker-upper!
Andy the cardician
View Profile
Inner circle
A street named after my dad
3370 Posts

Profile of Andy the cardician
I stay away from them as much as possible . . .
Cards never lie
Big Jeff
View Profile
Veteran user
301 Posts

Profile of Big Jeff
The only fast food I eat is KFC and then only once a month or so. I occasionally stop for a shake somewhere if I am on a road trip, but I usually buy water or an energy drink when I fill up with gas.
Maestro
View Profile
Special user
823 Posts

Profile of Maestro
Quote:
On 2007-07-24 15:13, btedeski wrote:
I worry that I might gain if I even read the article, I am on an 1800 cal a day diet
Down to 215 from 245

Good for you!

That reminds me of my dad, who is on an extremely low-fat diet because our family has a high history of heart disease... at one point we did the math and figured out he could choose between eating a serving of oreos or having lunch Smile. I feel like if I had one of these I might as well just skip dinner too Smile.
Margarette
View Profile
Special user
Memphis area
956 Posts

Profile of Margarette
Man! I gotta pee just READING that article! I eat very little fast food - and other types of food - due to some health problems that have cropped up recently. I won't say I don't indulge every now and then, but having a McDonald's once a month is a lot better than having it several times a week! I know some people that their idea of what to have for supper is choosing which restaurant to go to!

Margarette
The only stupid question is the one not asked.
Mystical Matthew
View Profile
Elite user
468 Posts

Profile of Mystical Matthew
Wow... I walked in to McDonalds the other day, was offered this thing, and thought "Wow! That's a really good value!".

Of course I drink Diet Coke. So I highly doubt I got even a fraction of the 410 calories... Perhaps next time I should order a Hugo Chocolate Milk Shake???
Andy the cardician
View Profile
Inner circle
A street named after my dad
3370 Posts

Profile of Andy the cardician
Well, I need to advice that the sugar replacement in Diet coke is not really good for you.
Cards never lie
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » 410 calories without even taking a bite! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL