The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Refraction - David Penn (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
LLL
View Profile
Inner circle
1574 Posts

Profile of LLL
Jazz2005 - If the above statement is true, which I'm sure it is. I retract my earlier post and Apologize.

mescalito
The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words.
Jaz2005
View Profile
Veteran user
I wish I had time to get more than
339 Posts

Profile of Jaz2005
Quote:
On 2007-12-01 15:18, Bill Palmer wrote:
I am very happy that Jim and David have finally made direct contact with Ted and have apparently settled the matter. My own feeling is that it should have been done before the release of the DVD, but better late than never.

I have watched the DVD and do believe that this is an excellent method for performing the Bending Wine Glass.

I have only one complaint about the DVD. It's not expensive enough.

Good luck to you on your sales of Refraction.

Thanks for your comments on Refraction Bill it means a lot to us.
We contacted Ted as soon as we were able to. My only hope is that I do get to visit with him soon. I hope to be in Berlin next week business permitting
Jaz2005
View Profile
Veteran user
339 Posts

Profile of Jaz2005
Just a quickie to let you all know, I spoke with Ted again last night. He was in good spirits and back at his apartment. He is still very weak and also still very ill. However despite this, he had me in fits of laughter with his wonderful stories and sense of humour. I am going to Berlin to visit with him on Thursday and Friday. I will pass on your regards.

Seasons greetings to all of you.
Best regards
JAZ
Jaz2005
View Profile
Veteran user
339 Posts

Profile of Jaz2005
Hi all,

Seasons greetings.
Apart from the Christmas message from Ted Lesley, which I posted in the Cellar and here on youtube, http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=qhuUjF0sv_Y

I also have a video of Ted talking about Refraction by David Penn. You can watch it here. http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcgtMALoPRI

Enjoy
best regards
Jaz
illuzzionz
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of illuzzionz
After recieving the DVD, I felt the effect wasn't at all was was promoted, but is a great effect that can definetly be used for the right situation.
Adrian King
View Profile
New user
I "Like"
82 Posts

Profile of Adrian King
I know I'm a few years behind on this one, but... aside from the issues discussed, this is an excellent DVD and (more importantly) a superb effect to perform. If you have the Ted Lesley gimmick in your arsenal (which is unlikely as it is very complicated to make and the only product on the market is Keith Arlen's very disappointing clipboard / slate) then great, but for the rest of us whom wish to give a spectator an impromptu-style performance in their own hands then this is the solution. (Dare I say, it may even be stronger.) I have performed this twice so far and have had wonderful reactions from the participant and surrounding spectators, including bar staff. Don't forget your marker pen to help enhance their new gift / souvenir!
gjmagic
View Profile
Special user
UK
974 Posts

Profile of gjmagic
This is superb, if you perform at weddings and you want that special top table effect, then look no further. Of course you can use this at any gig, but for me this is the perfect top table stunner.

Regards,

Gary Jones.
MIMC Gold Star

www.garyjonesmagic.com

gary@garyjonesmagic.com

DVDs/Effects; The Unknown - iCandy - More iCandy 1 & 2 - Dupes - 52 0n 1 Project - 74% Self Working - Flying Tonight - Pocket This - 6 Pack Coins - 6 Pack Cards - Thought Wave - Noted - Duality - Live Lecture Vol 1 - Pseudo Pickpocket - iContact - Shock Twist - Thought of Cards Across Plus - Touched - Colour Diffusion - Look No Hands Wayne Dobson - Automata - Box Pad - No Frills Lecture Notes 1 & 2 - The Ammo - Double Cross - Initial Here - Automata 2 - Black Market - Trick Soup - Automata 3 - Penguin Live Lecture - Upper Hand - Cartoon Capers - At The Table Lecture - Life's a Beach Vol 1 - Life's A Beach Vol 2 - Alas Chris and Jones.
rob1973
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of rob1973
I ve seen this DVD at a friends. Whilst the effect is great its not " my bag" but Dave mentioned an effect on the DVD using a haunted Key.I use it with some other keys (one borrowed) now and is my best trick!!So its more than a one trick DVD.
I hope maybe to do weddings in a couple iof years if I progress and if and when I do I think I would use this
alexhui
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong
1956 Posts

Profile of alexhui
The DVD is interesting but it is not practical if you are not prepared. And it can hardly repeated.

I devised an impromptu glass bending routine 10 years ago. The routine can be done with any wine glass with no preparation and props. You can do it even naked (if you want).

The best part of the routine is that you can bend a glass without even come close to it. And as I said, any glass, anytime, no preparation, can repeat.

Alex Hui
To support 100% honest and unbiased reviews: Donate by PayPal

For BRUTALLY HONEST consultation for your upcoming projects, PM me.

YouTube: Alex Magic Review
YouTube: Themis Magic World
Instagram: @AlexMagicReview
Instagram: @ThemisMagic
Adrian King
View Profile
New user
I "Like"
82 Posts

Profile of Adrian King
Alex: Are you planning to publish this, or are you keeping it to yourself for now?
I have found a modern and affordable solution to simulate Lesley’s original effect, but won’t share or publish it until I have acquired the relevant permission and copyright.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Refraction - David Penn (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL