The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » What is theory11 » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..20..37..54..71..87~88~89~90~91..114..136..158..180..202..203~204~205 [Next]
Cory Landels
View Profile
Special user
683 Posts

Profile of Cory Landels
In August 2006, popular American magician David Copperfield claimed he had discovered a true "Fountain of Youth" amid a cluster of four small islands in the Exuma chain of the Bahamas which he recently purchased for roughly $50 million. "I've discovered a true phenomenon," he told Reuters in a telephone interview. "You can take dead leaves, they come in contact with the water, they become full of life again. … Bugs or insects that are near death, come in contact with the water, they'll fly away. It's an amazing thing, very, very exciting." Copperfield, who turned 50 in September 2006, says that he hired scientists to conduct an examination of the "legendary" water, but as of now, the fountain remains off limits to outside visitors
Cory Landels
View Profile
Special user
683 Posts

Profile of Cory Landels
Quote:
On 2007-08-19 13:55, JPK wrote:
When I first heard about Copperfield talking about discovering a fountain of youth and buying those islands, I though it was a set up to a rather ellaborate illusion. Now if I think along those lines, who would Copperfield choose to be guardians of this secret? Who is better at keeping secrets than magicians? Perhaps this group of magicians should be considered the guardians fo the fountain of youth.
JPK

That sounds so Da Vinci Code... But it makes sense.
amc
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of amc
Resorting to the internet again, a quick search for walking on water (via wiki) suggests that these people have tried it before :
Jesus (obviously), Andre Kole, Criss Angel, Anthony Bass
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walking_on_water

Oh, and this guy too:
http://www.webhosting.uk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2078
Cory Landels
View Profile
Special user
683 Posts

Profile of Cory Landels
Ha ha, the last link is so funny.

So this is getting pretty biblical, isn't it.
James Hill
View Profile
Regular user
169 Posts

Profile of James Hill
I don't see why anyone is losing interest. All we have to do is just wait until tomorrow night, and we'll have a new clue or two.
synth_infusion
View Profile
Loyal user
210 Posts

Profile of synth_infusion
I think why people are losing interest is because the clues are getting harder.
Cory Landels
View Profile
Special user
683 Posts

Profile of Cory Landels
Exactly. We just have to be patient, and keep looking forward to the 31st.
JPK
View Profile
Loyal user
272 Posts

Profile of JPK
I don't know what makes sense with this puzzle. It is fun to play along though.
JPK
John Kardel
James Hill
View Profile
Regular user
169 Posts

Profile of James Hill
Well, that's the name of the game. Also, while Copperfield made his claim in the mniddle of August last year, is it odd that, almost exactly one year later, this whole thing is taking place, involving it?
amc
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of amc
Quote:
On 2007-08-19 13:55, JPK wrote:
When I first heard about Copperfield talking about discovering a fountain of youth and buying those islands, I though it was a set up to a rather ellaborate illusion.

Trust me - It WILL be an elaborate illusion.
It would be no coincidence that the one person in the whole world who happens to discover the secret to everlasting youth in a magical fountain also happens to be a world famous magician known for elaborate illusions.
Cory Landels
View Profile
Special user
683 Posts

Profile of Cory Landels
It will all make sense at the end.

Does anybody know a Superhero who shoots water at people? Like a fountain?
JPK
View Profile
Loyal user
272 Posts

Profile of JPK
Flipper?
JPK
John Kardel
JPK
View Profile
Loyal user
272 Posts

Profile of JPK
OK this is my final theory.
Copperfield has decided that it's time for him to relax and enjoy life. He no longer wants to live the stage life. He has a huge wealth of magic knowledge, far too big any magician to do in one liftime. So he comes up with a cunning plan. He claims to have found the foutain of youth. He passes on his legecy to his son who will continue to perform as David Copperfield. Of course this would be a difficult thing to keep hidden so he assembled a group of trusted friends and fellow magicians to help his son pull off the greatest illusion of all time. The Fountain of Youth.
If this isn't it, I will be glad to sell this idea to Mr. Copperfield at a very good rate. I accept Paypal.
JPK
John Kardel
amc
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of amc
I haven't read the comic, but in the cartoon on TV when I was a kid, the Iceman seemed to do that (and then it would freeze, hence his name!)
Cory Landels
View Profile
Special user
683 Posts

Profile of Cory Landels
Oh no, not the Iceman again Smile
Cory Landels
View Profile
Special user
683 Posts

Profile of Cory Landels
I didn't know that David Copperfield had a son.
JPK
View Profile
Loyal user
272 Posts

Profile of JPK
That's what will make this an even more amazing illusion. Smile
JPK
If we knew about his secret son, he would not have been able to pull this off.
John Kardel
amc
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of amc
Quote:
On 2007-08-19 14:15, Cory Landels wrote:
Oh no, not the Iceman again Smile

I'm just saying. You asked! Smile
modulusman
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of modulusman
What about the mail clue?

Whatever happened with that?
cgmagic
View Profile
New user
92 Posts

Profile of cgmagic
Quote:
On 2007-08-19 14:22, JPK wrote:
That's what will make this an even more amazing illusion. Smile
JPK
If we knew about his secret son, he would not have been able to pull this off.

ive heard of this theory so many times before. who know he might make it his last T.V speacial(he still owes one or two to NBC
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » What is theory11 » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..20..37..54..71..87~88~89~90~91..114..136..158..180..202..203~204~205 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL