The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » What is theory11 » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..31..59..87..115..143~144~145~146~147..159..170..181..192..203~204~205 [Next]
G.Gilbert
View Profile
Elite user
baltimore
495 Posts

Profile of G.Gilbert
Quote:
On 2007-08-24 13:08, Joshua Barrett wrote:
This is crazy. david blaines name starts with a d. I saw a d once in a video. obviously hes part of it

AND guess what lee ashers half cousin twice removed name is!?!?!? David B. Elaine!
Andres Folly
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of Andres Folly
I've lurked here for a long time, and usually have been able to bite my tonge when people don't see the obvious.

From what I have been reading on other forums it looks like its just going to be a store by Jonathan Bayme? I think I remember someone talking about some Bayme video on digg?

Can't be sure but for a community so well known for it's blown-out-of-proportion hype I wouldn't be surprised if it was something simple like that, especially seeing as how magic on-line marketing is a small niche and is just now figuring out freshman trends long abandoned by the marketing industry as a whole.

Maybe I'm wrong, but in Magic Marketing there has never been a real payoff on hype, Bayme probably picked up at his time with Ellusionist.

not trying to ruin anyon's fun or anything
G.Gilbert
View Profile
Elite user
baltimore
495 Posts

Profile of G.Gilbert
This may have been posted before, but did you guys see that on /200 page it says, the worlds change but the time remains.
Magic_Steve
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
1476 Posts

Profile of Magic_Steve
Yep...sure did. Smile
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27236 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Where are the other ten theories of magic enumerated and discussed?

URL/Link?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
DAW438761
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of DAW438761
Quote:
On 2007-08-24 13:39, Andres Folly wrote:
I've lurked here for a long time, and usually have been able to bite my tonge when people don't see the obvious.

From what I have been reading on other forums it looks like its just going to be a store by Jonathan Bayme? I think I remember someone talking about some Bayme video on digg?

Can't be sure but for a community so well known for it's blown-out-of-proportion hype I wouldn't be surprised if it was something simple like that, especially seeing as how magic on-line marketing is a small niche and is just now figuring out freshman trends long abandoned by the marketing industry as a whole.

Maybe I'm wrong, but in Magic Marketing there has never been a real payoff on hype, Bayme probably picked up at his time with Ellusionist.

not trying to ruin anyon's fun or anything
From following along with the whole Theroy 11 thing I believe that the magicians behind it will eventually reveal a whole new theory to go and perform magic by. Jusging from what each video contained and from what Dan White mentioned. Even if it is a store could you imagine how great the store would be because look who is behind the store funding it and operating it and such. Great Magicians.

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On 2007-08-24 14:30, Jonathan Townsend wrote:
Where are the other ten theories of magic enumerated and discussed?

URL/Link?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Found a link for you. here you go this expalins and names each Theory

http://www.thecuso.info/

Click on the link and click on Magic and one of the first topics should be entitled "The Other Ten Theories of Magic."

Some of the theorys are Restoration, Duplication, Levitation, Production, Transportation (I think) and that's all I can remember.
Magic_Steve
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
1476 Posts

Profile of Magic_Steve
Search. A google search can't be too hard, can it? Smile
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3627 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
Jon the theorys are published in tarbells

justin a while ago asked me for some information on various T11 pages. that would indicatwe to me hes not involved. and I highly doubt he is. he busy doing his own thing. not everything is a part of this, but I guess when your 12 or 13 its all fun
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27236 Posts

Thanks DAW438761.

That list appears to be a subset of what Dariel Fitzkee offered as a list of the basic effects in magic. His list in The Trick Brain (1944) had nineteen items.

Still no idea what is meant by "theories of magic"
DAW438761
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of DAW438761
Quote:
On 2007-08-24 14:53, Joshua Barrett wrote:
Jon the theorys are published in tarbells

justin a while ago asked me for some information on various T11 pages. that would indicatwe to me hes not involved. and I highly doubt he is. he busy doing his own thing. not everything is a part of this, but I guess when your 12 or 13 its all fun
Just the other day on Penguin Magic he left rather odd post referring to Theory 11 and even birds flying at 2 p.m. which is obviously referring to the Darnkess page. Not to mention that the last video is in San Fransisco where E is who he helps quite often. Also someone's face was featured for about asplit second (soemone psoted it on here thinking it Wayne Houchin) and it looks similar to Justin. Maybe he was trying to throw you off track? The link to the direct quote can be found on one of the pages in the 80's.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27236 Posts

Joshua, where specifically in the Tarbell volumes are they?

BTW the word "theory" is not so prevalent in the books - he seemed a practical guy Smile
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4842 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2007-08-24 15:05, Jonathan Townsend wrote:
Joshua, where specifically in the Tarbell volumes are they?

BTW the word "theory" is not so prevalent in the books - he seemed a practical guy Smile

LOL, nice Jonathan.

What were the 19? I remember hearing Ammar mention 19 in his cups and balls videos.
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
cgmagic
View Profile
New user
92 Posts

Profile of cgmagic
Hey I just got an e-mail conferming what some of you already knew I guess. dan white is of no relation to david blaine.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27236 Posts

I can send you the Fitzkee list in a PM later if you want. They are not theories but instead his version of "basic effects".

Still looking for what the other "ten theories of magic" are.

Any ideas?

Bueller?
the kid houdini
View Profile
Regular user
143 Posts

Profile of the kid houdini
I was so sure this superhero had something to do with it http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northwind_%28comics%29
he clicks in with north, superhero, and justin's bird reference.
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3627 Posts

Jon I think right now the assumtion is that the ten theorys and the ten basic effects are the same thing. we really won;t know for sure what they are refering to until the 31st
elitespart
View Profile
Regular user
130 Posts

Profile of elitespart
This is old but what was on the coins in the Liwag video. Looked like birds?
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3627 Posts

... yes they were walking liberty halves.... those eagals appear on that particular coin.
Cory Landels
View Profile
Special user
683 Posts

Profile of Cory Landels
With the latin phrase... "Out of many, one."
drezmagic
View Profile
Regular user
161 Posts

Profile of drezmagic
Also there is a bird symbol or logo at the end of some of the videos on the main page of whatistheory11.com...

Birds also head north in the summer (I think?)

The question is- what does this have to do with magic?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » What is theory11 » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..31..59..87..115..143~144~145~146~147..159..170..181..192..203~204~205 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL