The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » What is theory11 » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..11..19..27..35..43~44~45~46~47..79..110..141..172..203~204~205 [Next]
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

Profile of THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
So, is Theory11 a trick, store, or what?
Cory Landels
View Profile
Special user
683 Posts

Profile of Cory Landels
Store.
BlackDove
View Profile
Regular user
196 Posts

Profile of BlackDove
Haha yeah Cory, and I think its about time. We all know penguin magic really didn't count
as competition. But theory 11 might be able to shake E up a bit. E is getting old...im ready
for something "revolutionary"!
(what a conspiracy this is...)

||Peace? ||
Magic_Steve
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
1476 Posts

Profile of Magic_Steve
Hey all...let's not jump to conclusions. A store would be cool, but just wait and see. Smile

It would be even cooler if it was password protected, or just not available to find through a search engine. But then again, it would also be a business. They would have to market to the mass, and a password protected store would make that kinda hard.

Oh well...we shall see.
Steve
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4887 Posts

Profile of gdw
If it IS a store, which it looks like it is, then you guys who are thinking that's nothing revolutionary haven't been listening have you.
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
Cory Landels
View Profile
Special user
683 Posts

Profile of Cory Landels
Quote:
On 2007-08-13 14:59, gdw wrote:
If it IS a store, which it looks like it is, then you guys who are thinking that's nothing revolutionary haven't been listening have you.

I don't get it.
jonxodus
View Profile
Veteran user
San Diego, CA
320 Posts

Profile of jonxodus
My guess is that id be a store, but I wonder what kind of material will they be releasing. Something big has gotta be released if this is going to be "revolutionary". In that case as well, I have no doubt that Chris, the Bucks, Asher and most probably Homer are more than capable in putting out hard hitting materials!
DougNicols
View Profile
Special user
846 Posts

Profile of DougNicols
Quote:
On 2007-08-13 14:55, BlackDove wrote:
We all know penguin magic really didn't count as competition

Don't write off Penguin because of the newbie focused content. Their price for any random Murphy's item is extremely competitive. Take "Influence U" for example - $69.95 on HP + shipping vs $47.21 with free ship on Penguin.

I imagine a significant number of people on this board are closet P shoppers. Smile
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3631 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
I shop Penguin for Murphy's items because they are the cheapest, it's true. I think it's not gonna be the Murphy's stuff.

I guess we will see in a few weeks. I just want to know whats gonna be really different other than maybe some exclusives.
JPK
View Profile
Loyal user
272 Posts

Profile of JPK
Maybe something along the lines of what Paul Harris started to do with The Astonishment Project. Magic shop/forum/on-line streaming vid and teaching. Only with the slick MTV style production.
JPK
John Kardel
Memory-Jah
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1438 Posts

Profile of Memory-Jah
Guys I have another clue for you.

does the term "snail mail" ring a bell?

I am still trying to figure out in how far its related to theory 11.
in general its a mail which is quite slow. it means the physical mail delivery. the term's been created when e-mails went common, because there was a need to seperate e-mails from regular physical mails(because of their speed for example).
"Dropping your pants while you set off flash paper may allow your pass to go undetected, but it's still not invisible." - Count Elmsley
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3631 Posts

So far The Astonishment Project has been less then exciting
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4887 Posts

Profile of gdw
I believe, based on what they have been saying, is that it will be about TRULY original material.

Not the same rehashed variations that many have been putting out. The "idea," I believe, is about looking at magic in a completely different way.

No more of this "I hold this with my middle finger instead of my pinky, so I'm gonna release it as MY xxxx" but only focusing an things that are REALLY worth releasing. Things that actually have something worth while to add.

IMHO that is.
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
JackhammerTO
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of JackhammerTO
^^^^^ isn't that what E is all about?
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3631 Posts

No E is about marketing "street magic" to teens. what revoultionary prouducts have they released?
James Hill
View Profile
Regular user
169 Posts

Profile of James Hill
Quote:
On 2007-08-13 15:44, Joshua Barrett wrote:
No E is about marketing "street magic" to teens. what revoultionary prouducts have they released?

The all-amazing Axis Change.

Pfft.
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3631 Posts

Haha, oh yeah let me tell you
Cory Landels
View Profile
Special user
683 Posts

Profile of Cory Landels
The Axis Change is absolutely incredible... the angles, GREAT!
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3631 Posts

No ones was able to visually change a card ebfore it was released!
DougNicols
View Profile
Special user
846 Posts

Profile of DougNicols
If anything "revolutionary" is released, it'll be spammed all over YouTube in a matter of days. Performed poorly, and pretty much accidentally exposed to every 14-year old alive. There's 200 videos of a card inside a baggie, I can just imagine some huge discovery by a group of big names.

Then again I'm the eternal optimist. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » What is theory11 » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..11..19..27..35..43~44~45~46~47..79..110..141..172..203~204~205 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL