The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Which Flipper Coin to get?? (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
KOTAH
View Profile
Inner circle
2223 Posts

Profile of KOTAH
My flipper coin was designed for a coin thru table routine. Sasco makes it. It is a standard band activated flipper. It' difference lies in the fact that it is a double headed coin. When it appears to be two coins, they are each heads up on the table. Sasco is the only place to get one.

Kotah
rutabaga
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto, Canada
1276 Posts

Profile of rutabaga
I'd say the "advantage" of showing both coins heads up is out-weighed by having to deal with a double-headed coin the rest of the time!
mballen11502
View Profile
Loyal user
Memphis, TN
202 Posts

Profile of mballen11502
I agree with rutabaga, with the heads/tails flipper the coin can pass as a normal coin much easier...
CENTRALCOLUMBIA
View Profile
Regular user
Phila
107 Posts

Profile of CENTRALCOLUMBIA
Quote:
On 2008-05-22 23:00, mballen11502 wrote:
I agree with rutabaga, with the heads/tails flipper the coin can pass as a normal coin much easier...

amen, it will pass under expection. But a head/head or a tails/tails will also have some unique abilities that will allow more impressive routines that use a double facer or a double tails
krintz
View Profile
Regular user
135 Posts

Profile of krintz
ANY flipper can be a gravity flipper. You just need the right tension for the band.
I own a Johnson, and a couple Schoolcrafts... Kennedy half, and quarter.
The Johnson is great for practise. If I drop it, it still hurts, but not as bad.
kerpa
View Profile
Special user
Michael Miller
595 Posts

Profile of kerpa
Does anyone have a specific source to get rubber bands to make a gravity flipper out of a Johnson? If you say e-bay, then what size latex rubber bands?
Thanks!

Quote:
On 2008-05-24 01:41, krintz wrote:
ANY flipper can be a gravity flipper. You just need the right tension for the band.
The Johnson is great for practise. If I drop it, it still hurts, but not as bad.
Michael Miller
(Michael Merlin: original family --and stage-- name)
CAROLINI
View Profile
Special user
607 Posts

Profile of CAROLINI
What is the approximate cost of a Lassen half-dollar gravity flipper? Don't suggest I ask Lassen. My understanding is that his coins are VERY expensive and I wouldn't want to embarass him or myself. And is the additional cost worth it?
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4696 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
YES!
David Neighbors

The Coinjurer

www.coinjurer.com
Bill Lhotta
View Profile
Veteran user
on top of a 14000' mountain in Colorado
357 Posts

Profile of Bill Lhotta
Quote:
On 2008-12-11 17:51, CAROLINI wrote:
What is the approximate cost of a Lassen half-dollar gravity flipper? Don't suggest I ask Lassen. My understanding is that his coins are VERY expensive and I wouldn't want to embarass him or myself. And is the additional cost worth it?

A uncirculated Walking Liberty Half Dollar Lassen gravity flipper will set you back about $175 + shipping.

Cheers!

** Bill **
Bill Lhotta
View Profile
Veteran user
357 Posts

Profile of Bill Lhotta
Go to my post HERE for details on where to get the elastic bands you will need and what size for a half dollar.

Cheers!

** Bill **

Quote:
On 2008-11-01 18:53, kerpa wrote:
Does anyone have a specific source to get rubber bands to make a gravity flipper out of a Johnson? If you say e-bay, then what size latex rubber bands?
Thanks!

Quote:
On 2008-05-24 01:41, krintz wrote:

Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
2990 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
How easy is it to change out that band and have it working smooth?
3 can keep a secret if 2 are dead
Bill Lhotta
View Profile
Veteran user
357 Posts

Profile of Bill Lhotta
It's not that hard. The fixed part of the flipper is either set to the shell with double sided tape or with a dab of crazy glue. You may have to pry a bit to get this part loose because you'll have to get this out to replace the band.

Hope that helps!

** Bill **
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
2990 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
Thanks Bill, it did help.
3 can keep a secret if 2 are dead
Mr. Tango
View Profile
Elite user
Argentina
458 Posts

Profile of Mr. Tango
Hello Friend,

Gravity flipper is the coin where the fold part open itself by gravity force. With the other system called for us FLIP you can open the coin and the coin close itselft too. Depend the routine you can use one of other. We offer all the line in our web site in different model PRO or traditional: https://www.tangomagic.com/home.php?cat=308

Bye
magicmann
View Profile
Veteran user
326 Posts

Profile of magicmann
JB Magic are now selling flipper coins from the creator of the flipper coin. Support the original creator BOB SWADLING

https://vault2.secured-url.com/jbtv/uk/

Paul
dsalley13
View Profile
Elite user
465 Posts

Profile of dsalley13
It's Tango coins for me, all the way. Amateur/enthusiasts like myself can afford them and learn.

dsalley13
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8352 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Does anyone out there have the Tango Gravity Flipper half dollar? How is it?

Also, can you access the website in English?
*Check out my latest: MBs Morgan w/ BONUS: Destiny, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at www.VinnyMarini.com Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Gill Rogers
View Profile
New user
Little Rock, AR, USA
61 Posts

Profile of Gill Rogers
Just picked up my Tango flipper. From my limited knowledge it seems to be fine, although it is not broken in yet and will not lay flat when open. Value wise it seems to be a good choice, and as I learn I may find that I have preferences which the Tango coin can't meet. Then, I'll have to do some research and see about "what's next".

Of course, isn't that always the question with Magicians?

Gill
The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.--Albert Einstein
MacIrish
View Profile
Regular user
139 Posts

Profile of MacIrish
Marion,

Once you get to Tango Magic's site, you can switch to English by selecting "English" in the "IDIOMAS" drop down menu on the right.

I bought one of their kennedy Flipper's. Looks great but real tight and needs to be broken in like mentioned above.

Michael
Ba Ba Booey
View Profile
Special user
In Denver, I have no less than
526 Posts

Profile of Ba Ba Booey
On some websites, I see only "magnetic half-dollar flipper" coins and on others I see "half-dollar flipper." Does the coin act like a magnet, or does it have a steel core and is just attracted to magnets? Is there any advantage or disadvantage to buying a magnetic flipper?

-Mark
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Which Flipper Coin to get?? (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL