The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Rigid body (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jp unlimited
View Profile
New user
finland
1 Post

Profile of jp unlimited
Here´s our hypnosis clip , we tested rigid body stunt. We shoot these videos
on lunchbreak in hurry. There´s also finger lift and haunted key clips.
http://www.youtube.com/user/myrobah
Lee Darrow
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago, IL USA
3588 Posts

Profile of Lee Darrow
Hmmmmm... The positioning of the support at the feet seems a bit low on the leg... and having her sit on his thighs not quite right from a structural standpoint, either, according to what I was taught.

The physics of this stunt have been pretty well documented in places like Fisher's Body Magic and elsewhere and the way they did this could have run the risk of possibly hurting the volunteer from what I saw.

Anybody else see what I did?

Lee Darrow, C.H.
http://www.leedarrow.com
<BR>"Because NICE Matters!"
mota
View Profile
Inner circle
1658 Posts

Profile of mota
My father's second wife (a real witch, they deserved each other) was a volunteer for the rigid body experiment during a hypnotism show in Milwaukee in the 1970's.

The following day she was very sore and hurting. I owe that unknown hypnotist a big thank you.

Be careful.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20246 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
This was horrid!

To use a support on WHEELS! Oh lord what an idiot!

To seat her near the knees puts HUGE preasure on them. She needs to be far closer to the belt buckle for structural integrity.

It is sad when people have no idea what they are doing.

BUT at least he had the support by the head right. More on the shoulders than the neck.

So not all bad. But stiil very dangerous version of this. He keeps doing this and someone will be hurt badly.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
I think that stupid stunt should be avoided at all times. Even when done "properly". It is physical assualt..
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20246 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On 2007-08-06 09:15, mindpunisher wrote:
I think that stupid stunt should be avoided at all times. Even when done "properly". It is physical assualt..

As much as this may hurt you to hear, AMEN BROTHER.

I could not possibly agree more.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
I don't hurt easy I don't hurt on these boards...

But I do enjoy the odd verbal spar... So never take any offence especially as I'm usually right anyway..

;-)

I enjoy the interaction...
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20246 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
This is one of those things that when it does go wrong, it goes huge wrong!

When it goes wrong it hurts a spectator. Just not generally smart.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
The worst is when you see a heavy male hypnosist stand on a delicate woman.

I can't for the life of me understand the logic. Its nothing but abuse and incredibly stupid.

Damage to the back is often permanent.

My mentor many many years ago warned me against this. He told me of a hypnotist that in America that was sued successfully and lost his house.

This was about 20 years ago he told so I don't know when the incident was supposed to have happened.

Does anyone know if there is any truth in this story? He may have made it up to scare me?
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20246 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I have heard many of these "stories" but never seen documentation of one.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Lee Darrow
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago, IL USA
3588 Posts

Profile of Lee Darrow
The risk, according to my sources in the medical community, is not so much to the back as to the abdominal muscles and, particularly to the knees, should the supports not be set properly.

Hernia is the big worry here as the back is made to bend in the direction that pressure is being applied.

The other concern, again, according to my sources, is damage to the tailbone and to the hip-girdle should a fall actually occur. A broken coccyx is extremely painful and a broken hip really sucks as well!

If you add in a possible hernia into the mix, this is really NOT a good idea and why one of the major insurers out there (Clowns of the US) has allegedly banned the use of this stunt in hypnosis shows recently.

I am working to get confirmation on that from them and hope to have it this week.

Lee Darrow, C.H.
http://www.leedarrow.com
<BR>"Because NICE Matters!"
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20246 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Safe to say the risk is many fold.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
kcalB
View Profile
Inner circle
Took me 16 years to make
1001 Posts

Profile of kcalB
This stunt is the hypnotic equivalent to Smash and Stab type routines.

Black
"Klaatu barada nikto"

Former Member of P.E.A.
Creator of The Clearly Q&A Board

Alumni
ECSSI
ECSSII
ECSSIII
ECSSIV
ECSSV
BizarreHauntingsI
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20246 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
With the added bonous of hurting a spectator!

Kind of like my "Spectator catches the bullet" routine. Had to stop doing that one, long story sorry.

I did replace it though with my spectator in the Water Tortue Cell. THAT kills~
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Rigid body (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL