The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Simpsons Movie (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2836 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Bizare thing. There was a "caption contest" last week where the picture was two people staring up at the ceiling (you can't see what they're seeing.)

The winning entry was; "Hey, are those hoof marks on the ceiling?"

"Oh man! We just missed Spider Pig!"

Granted, they got it off the teaser, but it was weird that the film hadn't even come out at that point and there were references to it!
"All the world's a stage, but the play is badly cast!" - Oscar Wilde
DylanTolly
View Profile
New user
Australia
94 Posts

Profile of DylanTolly
Spiderpig! Smile I loved it Smile

I have heard from many people they expected more, try going into the movie with no expectations and you will enjoy it much much more.
VcosNJ
View Profile
Inner circle
1180 Posts

Profile of VcosNJ
I loved it as well. Very true to the series. It certainly had a lot of funny moments.
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2492 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
My daughter wants to see the movie, I may take her, but tell me, is there any language or situation in it that would not be appropriate for a 7 year old? PM me if you don't want to give stuff away openly. Thanks.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
Shane Wiker
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1199 Posts

Profile of Shane Wiker
For the most part the language is pretty clean. but there is a 1 second period in the movie where you see Bart's ***.

Dunno whether or not the movie would be appropriate for a seven-year-old. I've seen the movie twice. You may want to go by yourself or with someone else first and decide whether or not you think it would be appropriate for her.
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
I had a good time. Funny as always. I think I even saw JT in the lobby afterward, conducting a post movie audience poll? Not sure though?
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Has anyone tried this ??? You can see how YOU would look as a simpsons character.

http://simpsonizeme.com/

Enjoy!

Tim
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4502 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Awesome thank you!
enginemagic
View Profile
Special user
Bluffton Indiana
603 Posts

Profile of enginemagic
I see Burger king is having the Simpsons figurines in their happy meals!!! I have a buddy that looks like Mr Flanders ,& want to get him one before I see him at the Oblong Ill. engine show in 2 weeks.
theres a lot to learn out there,many interesting subjects,and hobbies to enjoy
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Just saw it. Not bad but not great. A few good gags but not like the good days when the Simpsons ruled tv. When people tell you not to go with high expectations that should be a sign.

Best,

Tim
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2492 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
I went to have myself simpsonized,

http://simpsonizeme.com/

but I was really not too happy with the result. Some of the other of you that I have seen on avatars look great, mine is ok, but doesn't really look like me.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
I wasn't too thrilled with mine as well but others looked great. Just for kicks I entered a photo of Tom Hanks ( since he was in the movie ) to see if it generated an image that looked like Tom Hanks did in the movie. It looked more like the image generated from my photo than the Tom Hanks image in the movie.

Best,

Tim
Bill Nuvo
View Profile
Inner circle
3094 Posts or
2747 Posts

Profile of Bill Nuvo
The website doesn't fit on my screen and I can't scroll...eerrrrrr!
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Bill... send me a color closeup photo and I'll do it for you.

Best,

Tim
Bill Nuvo
View Profile
Inner circle
3094 Posts or
2747 Posts

Profile of Bill Nuvo
I was able to get a photo and add glasses by I couldn't save it or send an email or anything because it wouldn't scroll down. I used the photo from my website in the press section with the plunger on my head. You can use that or any photo off my website.
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
2922 Posts

Profile of michaelmystic2003
I saw this movie last Saturday, and I think it was great! It was genuinely funny, and the animation was top-notch. Plus, it had interesting storyline. Highly recommended!
Follow Michael Kras on Twitter! http://www.twitter.com/KrasMagic

Check out The Kras Change at Vanishing Inc Magic! http://www.vanishingincmagic.com/magic-downloads/ebooks/kras-change/
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Quote:
On 2007-08-02 16:26, mrbilldentertainer wrote:
I was able to get a photo and add glasses by I couldn't save it or send an email or anything because it wouldn't scroll down. I used the photo from my website in the press section with the plunger on my head. You can use that or any photo off my website.

Ok... Here is how the simpsons see Bill.

Best,

Tim

The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Quote:
On 2007-08-02 16:53, Michaelmystic2003 wrote:
I saw this movie last Saturday, and I think it was great! It was genuinely funny, and the animation was top-notch. Plus, it had interesting storyline. Highly recommended!

The best review I heard so far was that it was " Season 9 Funny" I think that sums it up well.

Best,

Tim
Bill Nuvo
View Profile
Inner circle
3094 Posts or
2747 Posts

Profile of Bill Nuvo
Quote:
On 2007-08-02 16:58, Timothy Drake wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-08-02 16:26, mrbilldentertainer wrote:

Ok... Here is how the simpsons see Bill.

Best,

Tim

Not too bad. Just need to add the glasses
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
2922 Posts

Profile of michaelmystic2003
I did it and it looked NOTHING like me.
Follow Michael Kras on Twitter! http://www.twitter.com/KrasMagic

Check out The Kras Change at Vanishing Inc Magic! http://www.vanishingincmagic.com/magic-downloads/ebooks/kras-change/
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Simpsons Movie (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL