The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Impervious (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..13~14~15 [Next]
Ace illusions
View Profile
Regular user
149 Posts

Profile of Ace illusions
Will there be another demo video?

I think most of us cannot see the visual penetration. All I see is the magician showing a sealed bottle with a coin inside it. Is the bottle factory sealed by the way?

It will be nice to see the whole routine from start to finish.
Y2John
View Profile
Inner circle
1498 Posts

Profile of Y2John
Im not worried at all about seeing the routine in full, the trailer was more than enough for me. I don't think there should be a full demo of the effect as this often just leads to speculation on methods etc. Of course I'm not saying that about all effects as there has been many times when I felt a full length demo was/is needed, but I trust in what has been said and in those involved.
Ace illusions
View Profile
Regular user
149 Posts

Profile of Ace illusions
Quote:
On 2007-07-28 15:27, THEGUY26 wrote:
Even from the demo demo, you can tell how much better Impervious is than Sealed In, even though you can't see the full Impervious effect.

I think it will be more fair if you compare the 2 effects after you have seen the full performance of both effects.

Quote:
On 2007-07-28 15:53, Y2John wrote:
Im not worried at all about seeing the routine in full, the trailer was more than enough for me. I don't think there should be a full demo of the effect as this often just leads to speculation on methods etc. Of course I'm not saying that about all effects as there has been many times when I felt a full length demo was/is needed, but I trust in what has been said and in those involved.

This is a coin through bottle effect, and the demo video did not even show how the coin gets through the bottle?

Ok, a full routine might be too much to ask for. But is it possible to show us the moment when he takes the coin and melts it through the bottle?

Another concern is from what I see in the video, it really reminds me of the description of Factory Sealed. Here is the description of Factory Sealed by Justin Miller.
Quote:
On 2007-04-16 23:01, jussy wrote:
Just a heads up. I did the second version for some folks today while I was getting new tires. They had a pop machine there so I got a bottle of water out of the machine, borrowed a coin, and laid the coin on my hand. They then took the bottle and laid it on the coin...melt, right through the bottle and the guy took it home as a souvenir. Anyways this girl standing next to him looked at me and said "who are you?" ...priceless.

Justin N. Miller
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

Profile of THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
I talked to David Mann about Impervious, and I know it's better than Sealed In.
PuffyDragon
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of PuffyDragon
Quote:
On 2007-07-28 15:24, Christopher Williams wrote:
can both be performed surrounded, with no angle issues! Which I think is incredibly unique for a coin in bottle

It's not that unique considering a 360 CIB has been done before.
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

Imagine taking a signed Walking Liberty dollar coin, and pushing it through a borrwed factory sealed bottle.
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4454 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
Hey Ace, when I created this a few years back now, I had no idea about Factory Sealed. As I live in the UK, and all is top secret about it, I have no idea about it either. Now, out of common courtesy, we won't be explaining the similarities etc, and it is also out of respect to the other company. This is the thread for my version, and Jeremy Hanrahan, so please keep on topic to ours, it is posts like yours I was referring to earlier, and that is why the other topic has 15 pages of nothing basically
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
Ace illusions
View Profile
Regular user
149 Posts

Profile of Ace illusions
Quote:
On 2007-07-28 16:12, THEGUY26 wrote:

So have you seen the whole effect? Perhaps you could share with us the reasons why do you think Impervious is much better?

Most people who don't like Sealed In mentions that it is not visual enough. To me the level of skills required is not really a big issue. I just want to see how visual and magical Impervious looks.
PuffyDragon
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of PuffyDragon
Quote:
On 2007-07-28 14:53, Christopher Williams wrote:
I have seen nothing from Ellusionist about their CIB, and have read not more than one page of their thread,

Interesting since you posted on that thread on page TEN.
Is it common for a grammar host NOT to read through a thread before posting?
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4454 Posts

Quote:
On 2007-07-28 16:20, Ace illusions wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-07-28 16:12, THEGUY26 wrote:

So have you seen the whole effect? Perhaps you could share with us the reasons why do you think Impervious is much better?

Most people who don't like Sealed In mentions that it is not visual enough. To me the level of skills required is not really a big issue. I just want to see how visual and magical Impervious looks.

You have your own version, so don't worry about a full demo. If you like the sound of it, then good, if not, direct your questions via email or PM to me, so we don't just use up posts here asking people who haven't seen the complete handling questions. It is my routine with additional handlings, so direct them at the creators in private please if you are going to associate them with others
www.magicman13.co.uk

PuffyDragon
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of PuffyDragon
Quote:
Doug, obviously I would say mine, so that is not a fair question really to yourself! Now, my coin in bottle was invented before Sealed In,

That's very strange since on the Sealed In thread, you say "Sealed In" was the BEST coin in bottle you have ever seen.

Very Strange.
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

I have not seen Impervious. I have only seen the demo. Can you do Sealed In with a signed coin? No. Can you do Sealed In with a borrowed bottle? No. can you do Sealed In with any coin? No. Is the penetration in Sealed In visual? No. Can Sealed In be done surrounded? No. Does that answer anything? Yes.
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4454 Posts

Quote:
On 2007-07-28 16:21, PuffyDragon wrote:
Quote:
I have seen nothing from Ellusionist about their CIB, and have read not more than one page of their thread,

Interesting since you posted on that thread on page TEN.
Is it common for a grammar host NOT to read through a thread before posting?

Here come the cavalry. No, I am assigned certain sections thank you, so I don't have to read everything. My section is not the latest and greatest
www.magicman13.co.uk

Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4454 Posts

Quote:
On 2007-07-28 16:24, PuffyDragon wrote:
Quote:
Doug, obviously I would say mine, so that is not a fair question really to yourself! Now, my coin in bottle was invented before Sealed In,

That's very strange since on the Sealed In thread, you say "Sealed In" was the BEST coin in bottle you have ever seen.

Very Strange.

I'm not arrogant, I wouldn't say, this is the second best version I have ever seen!!! Behind mine ofcourse! The display in this was great, Puffy, or Gino Verna, perhaps Nick Vernas brother? If you want to digress into my routine, how about you don't attack this thread and be a man and we can talk over the phone, rather than bein uncivil here
www.magicman13.co.uk

Ace illusions
View Profile
Regular user
149 Posts

Profile of Ace illusions
Quote:
On 2007-07-28 16:19, Christopher Williams wrote:
Hey Ace, when I created this a few years back now, I had no idea about Factory Sealed. As I live in the UK, and all is top secret about it, I have no idea about it either. Now, out of common courtesy, we won't be explaining the similarities etc, and it is also out of respect to the other company. This is the thread for my version, and Jeremy Hanrahan, so please keep on topic to ours, it is posts like yours I was referring to earlier, and that is why the other topic has 15 pages of nothing basically

Sorry for bringing that up. The same thing happens to my CTB as well. People on other forums are saying how similar my CTB is to "the other CTB". It is really a pain trying to explain to them my CTB has nothing to do with "the other CTB".

Like you said, most people(including you and me) have no idea of the top secret CTB of the other company. I believe that Impervious is your own original creation and had nothing to do with other CTB on the market( or those not yet on the market).

I think a better demo video will show how different and visual your CTB is.

Good luck with your effect! =)
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4454 Posts

Quote:
On 2007-07-28 16:28, Ace illusions wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-07-28 16:19, Christopher Williams wrote:

Sorry for bringing that up. The same thing happens to my CTB as well. People on other forums are saying how similar my CTB is to "the other CTB". It is really a pain trying to explain to them my CTB has nothing to do with "the other CTB".

Like you said, most people(including you and me) have no idea of the top secret CTB of the other company. I believe that Impervious is your own original creation and had nothing to do with other CTB on the market( or those not yet on the market).

I think a better demo video will show how different and visual your CTB is.

Good luck with your effect! =)

Thanks, and to you with yours Ace, I saw the video and it looks good!
www.magicman13.co.uk

Irishghost
View Profile
Inner circle
www.gaffguy.com
1228 Posts

Profile of Irishghost
Whoa you leave for 2 hours and bam lol. I also will not be commenting on other Coin in or through bottle effects but my own. Untouchable is the sealed version, and gets crazy reactions. The new method of getting into my effect is my original "move" if you will. I am sure you will love both effects on the dvd.

Regards,
Jeremy Hanrahan
I get to gaff some cool stuff for some cool people
PuffyDragon
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of PuffyDragon
Quote:
On 2007-07-28 16:28, Christopher Williams wrote:

I wouldn't say, this is the second best version I have ever seen!!!

OH OK.
Because from what I read on what you wrote on the Sealed IN thread, I understood differently.

Thanks for clearing that up.
Ace illusions
View Profile
Regular user
149 Posts

Profile of Ace illusions
Quote:
On 2007-07-28 16:25, THEGUY26 wrote:
I have not seen Impervious. I have only seen the demo. Can you do Sealed In with a signed coin? No. Can you do Sealed In with a borrowed bottle? No. can you do Sealed In with any coin? No. Is the penetration in Sealed In visual? No. Can Sealed In be done surrounded? No. Does that answer anything? Yes.

Good point.

The biggest problem of Sealed In is the quick penetration of the coin. I think it totally defeats the purpose of passing a coin through a transparent bottle. The moment of magic is not there, everything happens so fast that the audience cannot feel the magic. The magic only happens when they are examining the bottle, when they found out the bottle is factory sealed.

To me the most important part of a CTB is how magical it looks. I hope Impervious will make the CTB look more visual and impossible.

Quote:
Thanks, and to you with yours Ace, I saw the video and it looks good!

You are welcome! =)
MikeMetal2006
View Profile
Regular user
Anchorage, Alaska
111 Posts

Profile of MikeMetal2006
While all of you were dukin it out I placed my order.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Impervious (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..13~14~15 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.3 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL