The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » What happened, was this... » » Sponge Ball Horror Story (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

peppermeat2000
View Profile
Elite user
404 Posts

Profile of peppermeat2000
The following story is funny now, but was actually pretty scary when it happened. This should be a good lesson for those of you who want to do sponge balls,eggs,etc. from mouth...
Anywho,I went to see a guy do some restaurant work who had been bragging aout how well he was doing with his routines. I had to admit that he was doing a great job...up until he did his sponge balls from mouth routine. He decided for some unknown reason to use a bigger sized sponge ball that evening. Things were going well as the audience really was wowed by the never ending amount of balls that kept appearing from his mouth...suddenly,my friends eyes bulged and he made for his throat with his two hands. The folks sitting at the table laughed,thinking that the choking gesture was part of the act.To be honest,so did I! However,it soon became apparent that he really did have a ball lodged in his throat so one of the women sprang from her seat to perform the Heimlich Manuever.Unfortunately the ball had gotten bigger due to it being soaked with saliva and the woman was losing strength trying to dislodge it. Finally,she gave it one last effort which caused my pal to projectile vomit all over the table and the surrounding wait staff who had hurried over to offer assistance.He must have had a huge lunch because the vomit just kept on coming in violent waves of watery mess.People were running everywhere and a few had to bend over and lose the contents of their stomachs as well (myself included).The manager was just beside himself and had to close the place down early and send all patrons home with a free meal. My poor buddy ended up gasping for breath in the middle of the fracas,almost to the point of passing out.What kicked the night off was as everyone who had been in the flight path of my buddies vomit had finished cleaning up the best that they could do in the restrooms,one of the youngsters at the table approached my friend and held out his hand.Pinched in his fingers was the sponge ball my friend had been choking on!!!
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2485 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
Don't you hate when that happens...
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
Guardian452
View Profile
Loyal user
San Diego
211 Posts

Profile of Guardian452
Ouch

that's why you don't turn tricks (i mean perform them) with balls in your mouth

but seriously I'm glad hes OK
Hey, what can I say

O YEAH

www.myspace.com/jeffmagicman

add me, talk to me....if you add me send a message telling me what your screen name
Cody Comet
View Profile
Loyal user
Louisville, KY
201 Posts

Profile of Cody Comet
That's extremely freaky and gross. But I'm glad he's ok. And I'm also glad I wasn't there to see that.
Brent McLeod
View Profile
Inner circle
New Zealand
1700 Posts

Profile of Brent McLeod
Glad hes ok but shouldnt do effects like that can go wrong

I perform sharp razors into mouth now for 27 years-but I still take every precaution & procedure to ensure never an accident

At least your friends act will never be forgotten in yrs to come by those who witnessed it!!!
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
2906 Posts

Profile of michaelmystic2003
That's scary! I hope he recovered well! I would be exhausted after that sort of horrific ordeal. WOW
Follow Michael Kras on Twitter! http://www.twitter.com/KrasMagic

Check out The Kras Change at Vanishing Inc Magic! http://www.vanishingincmagic.com/magic-downloads/ebooks/kras-change/
Timm
View Profile
New user
Las Vegas
56 Posts

Profile of Timm
Wow!! Both funny and horrifying at the same time
Bill Nuvo
View Profile
Inner circle
3094 Posts or
2747 Posts

Profile of Bill Nuvo
Did he finish the trick? The show must go on right?

For some reason I am reminded of a certain scene in a movie call "Stand by Me".
Magic_Steve
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
1476 Posts

Profile of Magic_Steve
Quote:
On 2007-07-29 19:21, Cody Comet wrote:
And I'm also glad I wasn't there to see that.

I'm always in the mood for a free meal! LOL!

On another note, good thing it all worked and he's ok. That'll teach him for bragging, won't it?! LOL!

(New idea: spongeball from spectators mouth! just make sure they sign a form first so they can't sue you! Smile).
Andy the cardician
View Profile
Inner circle
A street named after my dad
3370 Posts

Profile of Andy the cardician
Gross . . . S##T happens
Cards never lie
RicHeka
View Profile
Inner circle
3999 Posts

Profile of RicHeka
Producing items from ones mouth may be fine in a stand-up or stage situation ...However,in restaurant it is and should be a no-no.
phillipsje
View Profile
Veteran user
329 Posts

Profile of phillipsje
Wow. What a story.
MagiClyde
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
871 Posts

Profile of MagiClyde
While seeing someone choking on an item can be scary (I've actually witnessed this at a restaurant and a friend was the unlucky victim), the rest of the scene, in my mind, was so funny I had tears rolling down my face from laughter. The kid handing him the ball back was the icing on the cake! Just glad to hear that he's ok. The outcome could have been very different.
Magic! The quicker picker-upper!
craig filicetti
View Profile
V.I.P.
Arizona
547 Posts

Profile of craig filicetti
WOW, that is gross.
ProMystic - Professional Systems For Mentalists
<BR>www.promystic.com
Carl Skenes
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of Carl Skenes
LOL!!! This is a funniest true story I've heard in quite a while.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14063 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Oh my Lord! They ought to make a movie out of this!
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » What happened, was this... » » Sponge Ball Horror Story (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL