The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Mini remote vision color cube (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Mike M
View Profile
Loyal user
244 Posts

Profile of Mike M
I've read all the reviews about the remote color cube by Tim Wisseman, but has anyone purchased the new mini? I'd appreciate any feedback.
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2716 Posts

Profile of lunatik
I have one and it's totally awesome. the size is perfect and gets awesome reactions.
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
bekralik
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1084 Posts

Profile of bekralik
The one that is advertised as the mini-version looks black and sleek; whereas the original looks wooden and old-fashioned. To me, the older one looks less likely to have electronics. Is it just my unconsciousness picking this up? I am considering getting one, are there any other 'looks' available?
Paul Gross
View Profile
Special user
574 Posts

Profile of Paul Gross
Brian,

There are currently just the two sizes and styles available. When Tim brought the new Mini version into Hocus Pocus last week we all went crazy for it.

Believe me when I tell you that there is no way that this smacks of electronics. The block is solid in look and feel. The whole prop can be freely handled without detection.

We started taking orders for it almost as soon as Mike listed it on our website. I would say by the numbers of orders that came in over the weekend that this is going to be as popular if not more than the original. This is the perfect size for closeup and walk around. Please feel free to check it out on the Hocus Pocus website.

Best regards
Paul Gross
Owner
Hocus Pocus
Best Regards,

Paul Gross

Owner

http://www.hocus-pocus.com
cocomax
View Profile
Loyal user
North Fork, CA
285 Posts

Profile of cocomax
The mini cube comes with a black box, by default. It makes it easier to do the effect using the classic color vision method. The inside of the black box is plain unpainted wood. It still looks simple. I will make them with wood stained boxes if asked to do so.

They are made on demand, so when you place your order with Hocus Pocus you can request a stained box or extra receivers and we will see that you get what you want.

Tim Wisseman
TheAmazingSteveo
View Profile
Inner circle
1570 Posts

Profile of TheAmazingSteveo
I have the Mini-Die Box as well as the Regular Die box with the vibrator unit.
This is a GREAT effect .. well worth the money. I used to have the regular sized color box and sold it ... I like the mini Die Box much better -- just my preference. Tim makes a QUALITY product.

- Steve
magicbyswh
View Profile
Inner circle
North East Tennessee
1494 Posts

Profile of magicbyswh
I have the original larger box and it is great. As with all of Tim's items they are all well made and he is a great person to deal with!
Creator of Cereal Brainwave, Creator of the Tossed out Book
DR STEVE HOSKINS
View Profile
Special user
North Wales, UK.
831 Posts

Profile of DR STEVE HOSKINS
The matt black mini remote vision colour cube looks very cheap and poor quality.
I was so disapointed when I opened the pacaging, - however it works really great, and it does fry people.
bottom line, - looks cheap and cheerful but works sensationaly. buy it then re paint it better.

also forget the wrist receiver the hook up of receiver box and long wires is too bulky and fiddly. - choose the card case receiver, you cant go wrong, nice and neat, no wires, no hook up. either have it in your top shirt pocket or place it somewere in room to get your quick peek.

I am very pleased with this item apart from the poor finising of the wooden box and cube.
sabitu
View Profile
Special user
USA
533 Posts

Profile of sabitu
The "cheap" look is one of the things I like about Tim's color cube. It looks like a toy I might have had as a kid and this makes it that much more deceptive. Honestly, if it had a more fancy look too it, I don't think I would like it as much.

Matt
DR STEVE HOSKINS
View Profile
Special user
North Wales, UK.
831 Posts

Profile of DR STEVE HOSKINS
Apparently tim wiseman also offers a high gloss finish or a stained wood finish. - just my mistake ordering the matt black. - anyway tim has kindly offered to swap my matt black for the shiny high gloss finish.

I have been playing with this today with work friends, it floored everybody!
I am like the simon cowell of magic, I don't give compliments often - but this thing rocks ! people really beleive I have "special psychic powers".

pound for pound this is the best thing I bought in the last few years. - put it onto your most wanted list. its a must have.
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3133 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
To me, the more plain the appearance, the better. Anything polished and pretty just screams "magic prop". My opinion anyway!
rmendez
View Profile
Inner circle
San Antonio, Texas
1321 Posts

Profile of rmendez
Check this one out for those who have impecable taste for elegant quality... http://www.jammagic.com/insane_dievination.htm This one doesn't even need a box or lid (although you could still use one if you wanted to perform a color vision style effect) and can be held in the hands of a spectator behind their back! I own them all and this one is by far the finest and unrivaled in quality.
gabelson
View Profile
Inner circle
conscientious observer
2079 Posts

Profile of gabelson
I've owned both the larger and smaller version, and ideed, it is the low-tech appearance that I believe really helps sell this effect. The matte black box that comes with the mini, looks like something your 5th grader brought home from woodshop. It's the icing on the cake, to put this box above suspicion. I would never "gloss" or "glam" it up.
rmendez
View Profile
Inner circle
San Antonio, Texas
1321 Posts

Profile of rmendez
I have one of these and enjoy it immensely!
Parson Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
1939 Posts

Profile of Parson Smith
I would be interested in knowing what people think about the plusses and minuses of the mini and the regular.
I have the regular and absolutely love it, but would like to know what you folks think of the two.

Peace,
Parson
Here kitty, kitty,kitty. Smile
+++a posse ad esse+++
Kaarlo von Freymann
View Profile
Loyal user
Finland
203 Posts

Profile of Kaarlo von Freymann
I use the Jam Magic Die mentioned by rmendez and both versions of Tim Wisseman's miniature die mentioned by Paul Gross and the Labco's Mental Dice. All of them are EXCELLENT. How do they differ: Tim Wisseman's props are small and they look "home made", extremely DIY which makes them VERY innocent looking. Finland is a tiny country and people know I am a drone manufacturer so I am easily suspected of using this know how for magic. With a lot of high tech items I use like Labco's and Fabrice Delaure's (just put the name into Google to see what I mean) I have to be very careful. But when I hand out Wisseman's die and say, I made this one yesterday of some left over wood, NOBODY ever suspects it could be a hi-tech item as many have pointed out in this thread. So for close-up or table hopping it is IMHO the best. The Jam Magic Die I have is much bigger, (but I understand smaller versions and a choice of wood is now offered) about the size of Labco's Mental Dies which actually are two dies so you have the additional bonus of being able to say which one was put in the box that - by the way - is a beauty to behold. These two therefore lend themselves better to parlour performance. They have excellent finnish so they do NOT look inncoent. As to the performance of all these props I have rarely had any problems in literally hundreds of perfomances and the manufacturers have earned a 5 star rating for their service. There is one thing you have to renew in all of them, and in that department the Jam Magic Die is by an incredibly wide margin the best, as a fact so good it is hard to believe. Tim Wissemans cubes and Labco's cube have to be "hidden" in the box that comes with the die. The Jam Magic Die is self-contained. It can be put anywhere out of sight of the performer. About the only place to avoid is the lap of the participant as contrary to Labco's and Wisseman's dies in their boxes, it must be kept in a horizontal position and may not be moved during the detection process.
So you really have similar items "with a difference" to suit your particular needs. Whichever of these items you decide on, YOU WILL BE DELIGTED.
Kaarlo von Freymann Helsinki Finland
Kaarlo von Freymann - Helsinki- Finland
Magical Storyteller
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of Magical Storyteller
Thanks to rmendez and Kaarlo for the kind words about JAM MAGIC's die. In all of the threads I have read it seems that no matter who's die you have everyone is pleased with: looks, manufacturer, and service. I am therefor in no way critical of Tim's excellent effect, I only say I can't understand why just because something is finely crafted, or has a nice professional appearance why is that supposed to cause suspicion? I for years have used items from Milson Worth, Collector's Workshop, P&L, Owen Supreme and others and have taken pride in their appearance and quality. I can say that to my knowledge no one has ever questioned their innocence because of their fine appearance. Should a thin model sawing be made from cardboard boxes or orange crate materials to supposedly create innocence? I do understand where you are coming from when you say you like the "homemade" look but I am assuming that is because all of your props are themed similarly. Again I am not critical of Tim's effects but I am trying to understand why a different look would cause suspicion. Thanks again to all of you who have shared your opinions and honest and unbiased reviews.

magical storyteller
tdowell
View Profile
Inner circle
1077 Posts

Profile of tdowell
You can't go wrong with any of the three versions of Tim's die box.

I own all three, and I have used the matte black mini box. Trust me, they all fry people, even the matte black mini box. Don't over analyse this, no one is going to think one is more convincing than another.

You can't go wrong with this effect. One of my favorites. If you don't own one of these, you should. Put it on your next to buy list.
Magical Storyteller
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of Magical Storyteller
Strange reply to my question
simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
2272 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
Here is my answer, Magical Storyteller. I like to perform magic with high quality, finely craft, eye catchy, gleaming items, in part because they look like real "collectables". There beautiful apparence may even justify that I keep them on a shelve, and want to show them to my guests... I'm mostly looking for exotic hardwoods, brass, crystal, rare coins... I love Warner's, Delaure's, CW's items...
I don't perform my cups and balls with plastic beer cups; mine are silver, very shiny... But all that is a matter of individual taste, style and personnality.
If I perform magic for people who know me, and show them a "homemade" die or wooden block, I think I would look very suspicious... If the die is gorgeous, made of exotic cocobolo or koa wood, I can explain that I brought it back from the islands as a souvenir (a paperweight, or something...) "By the way, how would you like to try an extra-sensorial experiment...?"

There's no way lay people will think that such a nice wooden die, the Jam magic one, will hide a sophisticated telecommunication system invented just to fool them so devilishy...

Tim, sincere congratulations for your work, you will sell many hundreds of yours, and you deserve it.

Magical Storyteller, did you get my order? (and please, do not sell to many! Smile )
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Mini remote vision color cube (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL