The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Hypnosis insurance for the U.K.? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

shrink
View Profile
Inner circle
2609 Posts

Profile of shrink
A while ago in a thread of a similar subject a few people mentioned that there are companies outside the UK offering insurance for hypnotists?...Can anyone give me the address of such companies?
The Paranormalist
View Profile
Special user
United Kingdom
702 Posts

Profile of The Paranormalist
Can't wait for a answer to this myself!!!! Smile Smile

Okay, Let's be straight about this, I have recently seen the well known British hypnotist, Paul Mckenna advertising his nation-wide shows in the national newspapers. So the burning question is how does he get round the public liability insurance problem?
Unless as it has been suggested that he can afford to underwrite himself, or maybe he has got an off shore company doing the business. Smile
Dr Omni
View Profile
Regular user
UK
199 Posts

Profile of Dr Omni
Almost certainly, Paul McKenna was able to strike a private deal with an insurance firm, presumably for an enormous sum, to give him cover for his recent national tour. Although there are US insurance firms which cover stage hypnotists performing in the US, they won't cover UK stage hypnotists working in Britain.

This is hardly surprising. After all, if a stage hypnotist in the UK were to be succesfully sued for psychological damage, the insurance company would have to pay out whether it was based in the UK, the US, Peru or Bhutan.
Hypnotist and mentalist.
Websites: www.corporatemedservices.co.uk
www.doctoromni.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Hypnosis insurance for the U.K.? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL