The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » Real or Staged (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Real or Staged... you tell me.

I can see this really happening but the very end makes it seems staged. What you you guys think...real or fake?

http://www.dorks.com/videos/street_magic......ong.html

Best,

Tim
KC Cameron
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, North Carolina
1944 Posts

Profile of KC Cameron
LMAO,

I am sure the end was staged. How else would he get a card inside the window? Also, you would have to have quite an arm to break a window like that by throwing a OPEN (no case) deck of cards at it. I am sure it was candy glass. Still, pretty funny! He still asked "Is that your card?" *L*

More than once have I dropped a ring in a rope and borrowed finger ring routine, which is why I never do it with anything but a wedding band. As Forest says, sh@t happens!
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Good point but I am curious if the device ( there are several on the market ) that planted the card is what shattered the window. The window broke exactly as a real car window would break. Granted the car was rigged and the car may even be the performers so its not like he broke a strangers window.

Best,

Tim
HauntingMagic
View Profile
New user
Raleigh, NC USA
38 Posts

Profile of HauntingMagic
Are these devices so strong they would break a window?

The glass did fall out (as opposed to "in"), but the break started at the very top right corner, not near the card that was reveled.
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
It doesn't take much to break a car window if done right. You can kick it with a steel toed boot and not damage it but hit it right with a sharp point and it shatters.

Best,

Tim
Matthew W
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2456 Posts

Profile of Matthew W
That whole thing had to be staged. Especially if it used one of the devices to plant the card (not quite sure how the work or what they look like).
-Matt
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Glass is strange. It can break at the littlest thing if conditions are right.

I shattered my front windshield of my car as I was trying to get my son's attention outside by slapping the inside with the palm of my hand. My ring hit the glass and the whole thing went.

It *does* look staged though, with his last comment and then running away. It sure was convenient that a camera was there recording the whole thing.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
The video was staged because it was several video shots quite a bit of editing.
Dennis Michael
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Hi Guys,

Just to clarify. I understand the video was staged and being filmed but I am wondering if the breaking of the glass was staged.

Best,

Tim
Andy the cardician
View Profile
Inner circle
A street named after my dad
3362 Posts

Profile of Andy the cardician
I think so . . . but that is more a hunch
Cards never lie
HauntingMagic
View Profile
New user
Raleigh, NC USA
38 Posts

Profile of HauntingMagic
Reminds me of the new show "Room 401"
Josh Chaikin
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City
1430 Posts

Profile of Josh Chaikin
It looks staged to me. If he really did break the window, why would he run into the mall, and not down the road, away from the scene?
Patriot
View Profile
Regular user
112 Posts

Profile of Patriot
It looks staged to me, Tim. The editing and storyline reminds me of a Tom Green show, Girls Behaving Badly or Prank Patrol. It was funny, though.

I remember as a rooky patrolman using a Slim Jim Tool to open a fella's car for him. He'd locked his keys inside the car. It was a bitterly cold Montana day and I had just slid the tool between the passenger's window and the door frame...hadn't done a thing yet...and the glass just shattered and fell into the passenger's seat. We were both totally stunned and all I could think to say was, "Well...There ya go!" That rascally auto glass!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » Real or Staged (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL