The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Million dollar knot? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Sk8erBoi9305
View Profile
Regular user
133 Posts

Profile of Sk8erBoi9305
I'm think about getting the million dollar knot and some Yigal Mesika invisible elastic thread to make the loops. Does anyone else have this and is it any good?
chuckn34404
View Profile
Regular user
Bend, Oregon
124 Posts

Profile of chuckn34404
There was an item on this site that showed how to tie this knot. I do not rember who wrote and illustrated the post, but if you will PM me I will E-Mail the post to you.

Chuck
Chuckn
Pathian
View Profile
Regular user
Dayton, OH
174 Posts

Profile of Pathian
If this

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=26

is the item you're referring to. It's not the same tie as the Million dollar knot. I've never used the above method, so I can't comment as to its quality/ease of use, but I do use the million dollar knot and I find it to be quite stable (with some tinkering, PM me for details if you have trouble) and I can tie a loop with it in under a minute (though I hear stories of people being able to do it in 20 seconds).
Darby
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles
236 Posts

Profile of Darby
Has anyone tried both methods? What are the advantages/disadvantages between them?
mrmuji
View Profile
Veteran user
343 Posts

Profile of mrmuji
Hello Folks,

I only tried the Million Dollar Knot and am using it to tide all my knots. It's a good method to make loops. As long as you pull enough to secure the knot because I examined before if you don't pull hard enough it will slip off.

Another problem I m experiencing is that, sometimes some of the threads crumble up. They will stuck when you pull to make the knot, which makes the knot looks like a small black ball rather than "invisible". I dunno if anyone experienced this or know what I am talking about. I also would like to ask if anyone can PM me how to solve this problem :'(

Many Thanks

Bob
Best Regards,

Bob
Unidan
View Profile
New user
Long Island, NY
12 Posts

Profile of Unidan
I got this technique for free off of an offer, and it was pretty good, the only problem is sometimes the thread for making the loops gets tangled in itself, even with all the careful prep that goes into doing just the opposite.

The loop tying technique is pretty good and if you follow the advice perfectly, and tie the knots as close as can be, it can be extremely effective.
Andy the cardician
View Profile
Inner circle
A street named after my dad
3370 Posts

Profile of Andy the cardician
I got it recently. The knotting method is actually quit straightforward. So not a real a-ha moment for me.
More sadly, the thread keeps breaking . . .
Cards never lie
caligari
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of caligari
I make loops by tying them the way a seamstress would:) It works pretty well. I think it was on the loops dvd from ellusionist where they taught how to pre stretch the loops to get them loose enough and have a feel for how much you could stretch them:)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Million dollar knot? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL