The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Clocking a Deck, The Epitome Location, Etc. (41 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
hcs
View Profile
Special user
Germany, Magdeburg
508 Posts

Profile of hcs
Dear friends,

You will receive your ebook as an email with an attachment within 24 hrs of us receiving payment.
Please let me know if you do not receive your ebook within 24 hrs of ordering.

Important! I received payments without an email address.
Please let me know your email address, otherwise I couldn't send you the ebook!

Thank you for understanding.
Hans-Christian
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
This is a most incredible advancement in this type of effect. Not hard to learn, and really amazing how fast you will get it. I give it 5 stars.

Best

Steve
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
hcs
View Profile
Special user
Germany, Magdeburg
508 Posts

Profile of hcs
Quote:
On Jun 30, 2020, pnerd wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 30, 2020, hcs wrote:
Available directly from the author until July 8th, 2020.
Send 5,00 USD via PayPal to ozmd(at)solka.de and note your email-address!

Sadly, PayPal is not available in my country. Is there any other way to pay, for example, with a credit card?

I'm sure that the ebook will be available next week at Lybrary.com
Chris Wasshuber accepts credit cards.
hcs
View Profile
Special user
Germany, Magdeburg
508 Posts

Profile of hcs
Quote:
On Jun 30, 2020, Steven Conner wrote:
This is a most incredible advancement in this type of effect. Not hard to learn, and really amazing how fast you will get it. I give it 5 stars.

Best

Steve
Thank you very much for your kind words!
hcs
View Profile
Special user
Germany, Magdeburg
508 Posts

Profile of hcs
Quote:
On Jun 30, 2020, Waterloophai wrote:
The Hans False shuffle (page 13 and 14) is a very easy (but deceptive!) false shuffle that is very interesting for memdeck workers.
The whole deck stays in order!

The "Solka location" I still have to read but it looks promising at first site.
Thank you very much for your kind words!
I use the Hans False Shuffle - it is not a usual shuffle - as a card display under the guise to explain the french suits to the German public (sometimes the public is only familiar with german card suits). This way, I'm able to maintain my stacked deck of jumbo cards.
Pasteboard Alchemist
View Profile
Special user
502 Posts

Profile of Pasteboard Alchemist
The Solka Location took me a bit longer to get used to (compared to the Mingau Location, explained early I the PDF, which I was able to pic up instantly given that it's close to what I already do) but, once I did and got accustomed to the huge amount of cards I can ignore and that cancel each other out, I can see how this will be more speedy than my current method once I put the time into it.

I'll echo what Hans said about his shuffle in the above post by adding: it really is more of a "display" than a shuffle. While I wouldn't ever use it in place of one of my go-to false shuffles, there are specific instances where I want to show faces (or, for that matter, show a some-face-up-some-face-down "mixed" situation) where this would work well, and give the added benefit of looking like you're further shuffling the deck.
Bobby Forbes
View Profile
Inner circle
virginia beach, VA.
1569 Posts

Profile of Bobby Forbes
I must have missed the link. How do we get this?
magicthree
View Profile
Special user
620 Posts

Profile of magicthree
Bobby,

There's a pay pal address above on where to send it( 5 threads up). Is it $5
Bobby Forbes
View Profile
Inner circle
virginia beach, VA.
1569 Posts

Profile of Bobby Forbes
Quote:
On Jul 1, 2020, magicthree wrote:
Bobby,

There's a pay pal address above on where to send it( 5 threads up). Is it $5

Appreciate it my man.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Here's a little something that might help out with this or other methods of clocking.

In a lot of these kinds of methods you have to do another pass, to further eliminate some possible candidates.

For example, suppose in the first pass you've narrowed down the missing card to either Jack, Queen, King of Spades or Jack, Queen, King of Clubs. With a second pass you're supposed to keep track of which five cards you see, and then by process of elimination you would know the sixth.

I found I was having difficulty with this part--I couldn't keep track of what I had seen.

So I came up with this method which made it very easy for me. Maybe it will help you, too.

Let's use the example above. Now imagine in your mind a piece of paper which has a vertical fold down the middle. The left hand side will be Spades and the right hand side of the paper will be Clubs. Now imagine there's a place for each card on the page: The JS at the left top, the QS at the left middle, the KS at the left bottom. Likewise, the JC is right top, QC is right middle, KC is right bottom.

Now as you go through the deck, and see a card, imagine seeing that card pasted onto your page in the proper spot. When you finish, one spot will be missing--that's your card! It's like the guys who have a tool shed and the picture of the tool is on the wall so they know where to put it back.

I know it sounds silly, but it's much easier than it sounds, and it really made a difference for me!
hcs
View Profile
Special user
Germany, Magdeburg
508 Posts

Profile of hcs
You are welcome!
hcs
View Profile
Special user
Germany, Magdeburg
508 Posts

Profile of hcs
I just updated the ebook. It is now version 1.01. Thank you very much to the contributors.

-------------
The mail system at host *****.pobox.com informed me that my message could not be delivered to the recipient.
Mr. 1**9, please submit a valid email address.

Best,
Hans-Christian
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2893 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
What's so great in this new approach is that - once you're accustomed to the principle - one round of clocking is so ultra fast that it doesn't resemble any clocking we used to know before.
So the effort of going thru the deck twice or thrice is compensated by the fact the it goes by so nonchalantly as one can imagine. Good job, hcs!
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
As an alternate to the Mingau cull for putting the deck into alternating colors, here's something I came up with in 2004 that I posted on the Café. It's similar to the Mingau cull but I think the moves are better covered and more natural. I don't know that I explained it that well back then; the key thing to understand about it is that rather than spreading the cards left to right as in a cull, you are thumbing the cards one by one (as if counting the cards) into your right hand.

https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view......forum=37

It's the post towards the end of the page.

If you'd like me to put up a video of it, let me know.
Harry Lorayne
View Profile
1926 - 2023
New York City
8558 Posts

Profile of Harry Lorayne
Remove s card from a shuffled deck and in one run-through of the deck I'll tell you that card. That's what I teach inl my books. Last time a friend checked me the run-through took 28 seconds. I'd do it faster if my arthritic fingers would let me spread faster. So, forgive the repetition:

"If you learned my missing card stunt in one of the few book in which I teach it - you can have someone remove any five cards, call off the other 47 cards RAPIDLY - and you'll know the five missing cards as you go through all in your mind. Start reading the good stuff, guys!!
"Oh, and I've seen NO improvements to my The Epitome Location."
[email]harrylorayne@earthlink.net[/email]

http://www.harrylorayne.com
http://www.harryloraynemagic.com
magicthree
View Profile
Special user
620 Posts

Profile of magicthree
Hcs,

I ordered this from the LIBRARY yesterday. Will they have the updates there also?

I just read the first chapter so far but wanted to say I love this. Just a few things getting used to, compared to my old way of counting but I love how you can narrow it down to just one value, no matter picture or court card. Best $5 I spent in a long time, worth much more and I have only read the Mingau Location.
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2893 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
Quote:
On Jul 6, 2020, Harry Lorayne wrote:
"Oh, and I've seen NO improvements to my The Epitome Location."

Of course not. "We are only as blind as we want to be." (Maya Angelou)
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
magicthree
View Profile
Special user
620 Posts

Profile of magicthree
My post should say spot or picture card
Harry Lorayne
View Profile
1926 - 2023
New York City
8558 Posts

Profile of Harry Lorayne
Right. As blind as those who don't read the good stuff - or understand it when they do read it!
[email]harrylorayne@earthlink.net[/email]

http://www.harrylorayne.com
http://www.harryloraynemagic.com
hcs
View Profile
Special user
Germany, Magdeburg
508 Posts

Profile of hcs
Revisited Version 1.02 is out.

BTW: Clocking a unknown deck with several missing cards (even five cards) is possible in less then one second. See my new chapter "clues for professionals"!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Clocking a Deck, The Epitome Location, Etc. (41 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL