The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Same old, same old (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
The Xmosis Effect part is killer and can be home made with easily accessable stuff for under $15. At least I did. Smile I might release it seperately like I did the Daring Spring Trap notes. If someone put this together and sold the effect they would get a few hundred bucks I'm sure. Just haven't had the freakin' time to type it all up proper yet. Like the Trap...I took an older Illusion idea which was not really playable everywhere because of some torture and other grisly aspects and changed it around (ALOT) so it can play anywhere and be a signature with a scientific angle if you want one. I like it a lot better than the traps idea and it sure is cheaper to do but as effective! Is that tease enough? haha. The traps became Abbott's #1 seller of all time when I released the routine and I think this is even better. Only thing really stopping the release is typing and I can't find a piece of paper that has the source of a certain aspect that is key to it being successful. Meh. I have too many boxes of those little pieces of paper haha. But I'll put a hustle on it if there is interest. Wll probably sell the Notes for ten bucks for the first 25 sets. Stay tuned.

Doc Wilson: Get ahold of me about that Floating Hand Fortune thingy..very Interested in the details!!!!
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
mota
View Profile
Inner circle
1658 Posts

Profile of mota
This would be ready when Doug?

Another idea would be to take a tip monkey and instead of handing out pics he could hand out fortunes.
Starrpower
View Profile
Inner circle
4070 Posts

Profile of Starrpower
Mab, I've got an electra and I'm performing it this summer. PM me with any ?'s
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Hi Craig...I'll try and get the Xmosis Effect ready by next month IF I can find that darn piece of paper!

You have a monkey? Does anybody have a monkey these days?
mota
View Profile
Inner circle
1658 Posts

Profile of mota
I met a couple on the road a bit back doing the tip monkey. They had two monkeys so if one was ill they had a back up. One of their parents had done the tip monkey for their main living.

I asked about the monkeys getting mean...they used spider monkeys and said it wasn't a problem. They told me you couldn't play a monkey until it was at least four years old. If you tried to pull their teeth before that they just grew back. For safety reasons you can't use a monkey with teeth.

The monkey I met liked marshmellows but I couldn't feed him any until the end of the day. If he got his marshmellows early in the day he wouldn't work all day.

For a quarter the monkey would give you five or tip his hat. For a buck he would give you a picture of himself. For five bucks you could have your pic taken with him.

I did fall in love with the furry stinker.
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell because I've made
2589 Posts

Profile of thegreatnippulini
I was in a bar a while back and they had a pianist playing, he had a tip monkey. IT was neat until the monkey came up to the bar and dunked his nuts in my drink. I shooed him away and order a new drink. As soon as the bartender poured it an set it down, the monkey ran up and dunked his balls in my drink again! So, I go to the pianist and asked him "Do you know your monkey is dipping his balls in my drink?" to which the pianist replied "Never heard that one, but if you hum a few bars I'll fake it"
The Great Nippulini: body piercer, Guinness World Record holder, blacksmith and man with The World's Strongest Nipples! Does the WORLD care? We shall see...
http://www.greatnippulini.com
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Actually the Piano Player said: "Sure...come here and dunk your nuts in my Tip jar and I'll play it for you..."
Starrpower
View Profile
Inner circle
4070 Posts

Profile of Starrpower
I think Jim & Jan Williamson are still running their "Jocko and the J's" show based out of Iowa. Last time I talked to them they had two monkeys. Apparently, Jocko was the wrong kind of primate and could become agressive, so he only does "non contact" tricks like climbing poles and such. They had a second monkey who would get the tips. It's nice to have responsible, safety-conscious people running those things.

Jim and Jan are really great people, and if anyone wants to know about performing with monkeys I'm sure theyd be happy to talk to you.
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Before anyone gets worked up about pulling Monkey's Teeth for the sake of an act...it is many times done for the sake of the other animals in the troup.

Not just small variety acts either...big time and wildlife conscious Sea World does it too...to Piranha. Not exactly Primate level...but it does save the other fish in the habitat. Smile
drwilson
View Profile
Inner circle
Bar Harbor, ME
2191 Posts

Profile of drwilson
In response to Doug's question about the Mystic Hand, see Todd's reply here:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=23

You can find the Mystic Hand in the Thayer Catalog Sheets book, vol 1, p 86 as "The Temple of Buddha." There is an open cabinet with a cylindrical gold column down the middle (to hide the m*****s). From a hole in the center of the column, a woman's hand holds a vial. The mark signs a slip of paper, it is placed in the vial that the hand holds, and returned with a fortune. In the write-up, the fortune appears by a chemical method, but it is easy to see how Out To Lunch or some other spirit writing principle might be used.

Yours,

Paul
mabjustmab
View Profile
New user
D.C. (kind of like Direct Current)
13 Posts

Profile of mabjustmab
Hey Paul!

I really love that Mystic Hand idea. and it's giving me ideas for a new bit...hmmm...

thank you for the links.

mab
just
mab
Gemeanii
View Profile
Regular user
Feeling so much younger now....
158 Posts

Profile of Gemeanii
Mab,

Hope the foot is doing well. As for Electra, I have some ways that we could collaborate on if you like. I'm building a setup for my act this fall, and two is not twice as hard. As for Girl to gorilla, I've helped in building up a couple of them a few years back, even did most of the control electronics to automate a very complex one. I'm in Gaithersburg during the week and near Waldorf on weekends where most of my projects are working... PM or give a call...

In the mean time, try pulling a balloon through your nose. ;>) (JK)

Steve,
Steve Gemeny
The Great Gemeanii
[email]steve@gemeny.com[/email]
www.gemeanii.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Same old, same old (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL