The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » NEW Banachek-Book (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Fabius
View Profile
New user
Germany
79 Posts

Profile of Fabius
Can anyone give me a review from the Banachek-Book on Muscle-Reading?
http://www.magicinspirations.net/

Greetings,
Marc
braunmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
368 Posts

Profile of braunmagic
I believe this book to be one of the most comprehensive books on muscle reading ever written. I have read many other books and have always had trouble really understanding muscle reading and relating it to real world situations.

Banachek teaches you ways to practice muscle reading in the real world with no fear of failure. That idea alone makes it a lot easier to practice. There is a lot of info on the history of contact mind reading. All I can say is like anything Banachek puts out, I highly recommend this book. If you are truly interested in learning contact mind reading this book will make that an easy process.
Brent Braun
http://www.braunmagic.com
ixnay66
View Profile
Inner circle
Denver
1504 Posts

Profile of ixnay66
Forgive my ignorance, but what exactly is "Muscle Reading?"
braunmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
368 Posts

Profile of braunmagic
What muscle reading is isn't important. What it allows you to do is what's important.
Muscle reading can allow you to find an object someone merely thinks of, no billets no paper, no peeks, they never write down the object or even say it. They only think it so they alone know what the item is, yet you are able to lead them to the thought of object. You can find objects hidden while you are out of the room. These are only a few example of the limitless things that can be done.
I believe this to be one of the purist forms of "mindreading" available. Yes it does takes hours, months, or years of practice, but so does a double lift.
Brent Braun
Bambaladam
View Profile
Special user
636 Posts

Profile of Bambaladam
braunmagic,

You obviously have not read Satori, Fitzkee or any of the other standard books on this topic.

I wish to correct your review as follows:

For someone interested only in muscle reading who already owns the standard texts there is not much in the way of new information.

The true merit of the book lies in the way it functions as a general introduction to ideomotoric responses, dealing with dowsing, pendulums and table tilting as well. Also, the inclusion of Burlingame's text is brilliant.

For muscle reading alone, buy Satori. For a "13 steps" of ideomotoric responses, buy this book.

/bamba
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2847 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
FYI, Banachek's book also includes an interesting section on pendulum work that might interest some. I know I felt it was a pleasant suprise because, either it wasn't advertised or I missed it.
View Profile
Special user
886 Posts

Profile of 1908
My opinion, if you are new to muscle reading, is to read Satori first. But do not forget that to use muscle reading is very difficult and needs a lot of practice.
Don't wait for the perfect moment...Take a moment and make it perfect!!!
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5002 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
It takes practice, but really is easy if you just concentrate. About ten years ago I read how to do it from a book that I can't remember the title of. I was at a party and left the room. A spectator placed an ink pen in the room for me to find.

She held my arm as I went around looking for it. I found it and was just as amazed as everyone there!

Muscle reading is fun to do and looks like real magic.

Ray Noble
braunmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
368 Posts

Profile of braunmagic
Bamba,
I have read the Satori book, and I personally feel that the Banachek book is easier to understand. After reading it I had a better understanding of how to start and practice muscle reading in the real world. The fact that the Banachek book has a way of practicing in the real world with no risk of failure is something that I don't recall reading in the Satori book (although I maybe wrong).
I am in no way saying the Satori book isn't a great book, I just feel it's a lot easier to really grasp and understand the ideas behind muscle reading after reading Banachek's book. Heck, buy both! Smile
Just my thoughts,
Brent Braun
Bambaladam
View Profile
Special user
636 Posts

Profile of Bambaladam
Banachek is an easier read and has more "cheats" than Satori, but the idea of cheats is in no way new. If you want, I can check what other books they show up in. Most of the Banachek cheats are original though. Oh yeah, Lee Earle has one also.

/bamba
DarkKnight
View Profile
Regular user
151 Posts

Profile of DarkKnight
It's a wonderful book and contains much food for thought, especially for those who want to get into 'real' mindreading. What really tickled me though was the section on teaching your dog mindreading ( not strictly in the Banachek section I might add ). As the owner of a cute and intelligent mutt, it opens up many possibilities !
Fabius
View Profile
New user
Germany
79 Posts

Profile of Fabius
Thank you, I just ordered this book!
Greetings from Germany,
Marc
petrakos
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of petrakos
Haven't seen the Banachek book yet, but I'm sure it's excellent. Just for the record, Making Contact by Satori is a small (about 70 pages) but solid intro to muscle reading (or contact mindreading, as Satori calls it in the subtitle) that was published by H&R Magic Books about five years ago. I think the book is well setup to give a beginner exercises, etc., as a way of developing skill. And it is a developable skill. I remember first fooling around with this years and years ago. My friends would be shocked when I could find small objects hidden in their apartment. Done right, it can seem as close to real magic as possible.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » NEW Banachek-Book (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL