The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » What is this trick called? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

RobertMidian
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of RobertMidian
I have been looking for a while for I trick I saw on a chris angels special(yeah I don't want to hear it haters). He did a trick where a was behind a towel covering his lower body to his feet. Well long story short when he lifted the towel both feet were gone? What is this called, and what books, dvds, ect. can I buy to help me learn those types of illusions? All the books I can find are for cards, coins, rope, some what smaller scale tricks. I got a dancing cane and found I like that type of magic. Im not looking for huge illutions(yet) something just to get started, for lack of a better term "medium scale illusions".
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3698 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
I think a good place for you to start would be with a UF Grant manuscript on levitations. Not sure where to get one - maybe someone else can chime in?

Jim
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2826 Posts

Profile of John Long
There are many levitations on the market. I am not too familiar with them, but you could check out http://www.ellusionist.com/index.php for some levitaions (but I can't vouch for their quality)

Jolly Roger, apparently a past member of the Café, used to sell an effect that meets the description you gave, but I doubt it is what Angel did. It was sold under the name of Jolly Roger's Cloth of Invisibility.

I would recommend that you do a search on the Café for levitations, and hear what the "users" have to say.

Other sources for stage illusions are Mark Wilson's Complete Course in Magic, and the Amateur Magicians Handbook.

John
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
You can also find Criss Angel's Self Levitation Masterminds Vol. II DVD at Penguin.
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
RobertMidian
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of RobertMidian
Thanks, think I will look into that book you suggested Jim. I have Mark Wilson's Complete Course in Magic. Got it at a thrift store that's what got me started and I'm still learning from it, great book. thanks again everyone.
chuckn34404
View Profile
Regular user
Bend, Oregon
124 Posts

Profile of chuckn34404
Other sources for stage illusions are THE TARBELL COURSE IN MAGIC, GREATER MAGIC, OKITO ON MAGIC just to name a few. Plus there are two or three sources that sell individual illusion plans such as Abbott's Magic and Paul Osborne illusion plans available at many magic stores.
Chuckn
Sk8erBoi9305
View Profile
Regular user
133 Posts

Profile of Sk8erBoi9305
I saw that episode and I don't think it was a levitation. more of a dissapearing act. I don't know wut it was called tho. srry.
MagicalAdam
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of MagicalAdam
Bisection by Andrew Mayne is that exact effect, but you vanish your top half. I don't own it, so I don't know if you can vanish your lower half.

http://www.weirdthings.com/plans.htm (It's near the bottom.)

There's also a new DVD on it, called Bisection Unlimited: http://itricks.com/store/?p=3 . I believe there is a video of it on the second page.
"Mommy, what's that man doing up there?"
"He's putting on a Blindfold, my dear."
"What's a Blindfold, Mommy?"
"Something you wear so that you cannot see."
"Why's he wearing one, Mommy?"
"So that he can tell us what he's looking at." -
Koolmagic114
View Profile
Veteran user
319 Posts

Profile of Koolmagic114
I would stay away from Criss Angel's MasterMinds levitation. No disrepect EVOLVE ;-) I see you on here a lot Smile But unless you want to spend a TON of money. This levitation is not very practical.

A good source for inexpensive illusions I would reccommend any of Andrew Mayne's stuff. Most can be made inexpensivily and for the most part there is a good number of them that are decent for ligheter pockets $$$$.

There is just my 1 cent..
I would give two cents.. but why spend the extra
Eddy

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Co-Creator of "TAGZ" / "Iced Over" / " TelePad" / "Penigma"
www.magicianslair.com
DanielSteep
View Profile
Inner circle
1409 Posts

Profile of DanielSteep
My one cent is..

when using a towel to do this it is camera angle.. as I have made 3 or 4 vids of myself doing it..
BUT André Kole has a stage illusion version.. My friend owns one and the rights...

got to play with it,. its pretty cool
DanielSteep
View Profile
Inner circle
1409 Posts

Profile of DanielSteep
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseac......=7161580

here I am doing it.. tell me if this is what youmean/ I know the end of the vid is cut off.. but you get where its going.
Fabricem
View Profile
Elite user
479 Posts

Profile of Fabricem
This is an evolution of Andre' kole 's no feet illusion.
JackScratch
View Profile
Inner circle
2151 Posts

Profile of JackScratch
Great way to start your 3rd post. "I have been looking for a while for I trick I saw on a chris angels special(yeah I don't want to hear it haters)." Really compels me to want to help you out. Fact is, if you liked the effect, then you don't want to know how it is done. Unless of course you intend to perform it, but that effect isn't a particularly good start for a magic career. We don't keep secrets as part of some character flaw or pompous ritual. We keep our secrets for the good of the audience at large. If you think you can follow the time honored rules we have, I'm certain you will be welcomed into our community, but if this is just curiosity you are wasting your time and ours.
DanielSteep
View Profile
Inner circle
1409 Posts

Profile of DanielSteep
Quote:
On 2007-08-09 06:22, Fabrice Milella wrote:
This is an evolution of Andre' kole 's no feet illusion.

as I stated previously
RobertMidian
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of RobertMidian
Thanks MagicalOdyssey, your info helped alot. Of course I want to perform it, and I am now thanks to all the great advice. By the way jack, magic is not a curiosity to me it’s an art and a passion.
JackScratch
View Profile
Inner circle
2151 Posts

Profile of JackScratch
Quote:
On 2007-08-16 19:09, RobertMidian wrote:
Thanks MagicalOdyssey, your info helped alot. Of course I want to perform it, and I am now thanks to all the great advice. By the way jack, magic is not a curiosity to me it’s an art and a passion.

Show me, don't tell me.
chuckn34404
View Profile
Regular user
Bend, Oregon
124 Posts

Profile of chuckn34404
Quote:
On 2007-08-06 14:33, jimhlou wrote:
I think a good place for you to start would be with a UF Grant manuscript on levitations. Not sure where to get one - maybe someone else can chime in?

Jim

I have an old copy of MODERN LEVITATIONS by U. F. Grant and it was originally purchased from Abbotts Magic. I don't see it in the current catalogue.

Chuck
Chuckn
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » What is this trick called? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL