The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Copper Silver questions (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Newb2
View Profile
Elite user
483 Posts

Profile of Newb2
I was given a set of copper silver coins from a good friend of mine that no longer wanted them. I was given 1 silver coin, 1 copper coin, and the copper/silver gimmicked coin. I had a few questions about this since coin magic is so vast and my knowledge on the subject is limited.

Is this set a typical "standard" set for a copper silver routine and what routines do you suggest I check out that I can perform with these 3 coins?

I know some of there are some copper silver dvds out, but I know that a lot of those routines use more coins than the ones I have. Any help is appreciated!
John McLaughlin
View Profile
Veteran user
Gloucester, Massachusetts
393 Posts

Profile of John McLaughlin
There are plenty of resources out there. If you have Bobo's Modern Coin Magic, that should get you off to a good start!
...NSA John McLaughlin, not CIA John McLaughlin
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4675 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
Now available from your favorite local magic dealer, or from many internet sites, including http://www.newyorkcoinmagic.net , The New York Coin Magic Seminar DVD set on Copper Silver. Many tricks use a gaff, and many on the 3 set (6 hrs long!) don't use gaffs at all.
S.E.M. (The Sun, the Moon, and the Earth) is a sun and moon routine unlike any other. Limited to 100 sets, here is the promo:
https://youtu.be/aFuAWCNEuOI?si=ZdDUNV8lUPWvtOcL
$325 ppd USA (Shipping extra outside of USA). If interested, shoot me an email for ordering information at rubinsteindvm@aol.com
magicstudent
View Profile
Elite user
489 Posts

Profile of magicstudent
My current favourite is Doug Conn's Copper Silver routine from his book Tricks of My Trade by Paul Cummins. You need a coin wallet and your coin set, check out the demo here: http://www.dougconn.com/videos.htm
Good luck

Jeff
I'll Be Back!
-Schwarzenegger-
jbk2006
View Profile
Loyal user
USA
230 Posts

Profile of jbk2006
The copper/silver dvd by ll publishing, or the one by royal magic. Curtis Kam has great routines(check his palms of steel videos). Also check out spellbound routines. There are literally hundreds of great routines using the gimmick.
Wes65
View Profile
Inner circle
I've said very little in
1219 Posts

Profile of Wes65
Quote:
On 2007-08-06 16:25, jbk2006 wrote:
Curtis Kam has great routines(check his palms of steel videos). Also check out spellbound routines. There are literally hundreds of great routines using the gimmick.

I almost never use my Hoppin Half set any more; it's too little effect for the amount of gaffs (make sense?). I have tried to come up with a good ungaffed version. I recently found (thanks Joe Cole for recommending it) Curtis Kam's hoppin half routine that uses a C/S gimmick(found in Dangerous Notations).
Wes
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3631 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
I found a real interesting one in richards alamanc from latta where you sit copper coin on the back of there hand and it changes places with the one in the inside.
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4675 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
I think you are referring to Fisted, which is a GREAT routine, ending with both coins in the hands of the spectator. Latta perfroms it on the NYCMS Copper Silver DVD set.
S.E.M. (The Sun, the Moon, and the Earth) is a sun and moon routine unlike any other. Limited to 100 sets, here is the promo:
https://youtu.be/aFuAWCNEuOI?si=ZdDUNV8lUPWvtOcL
$325 ppd USA (Shipping extra outside of USA). If interested, shoot me an email for ordering information at rubinsteindvm@aol.com
magicblademan
View Profile
Special user
uk
523 Posts

Profile of magicblademan
I think I'll have to put one of the copper /silver dvds on my wanted list,my list is getting bigger lol.
If you put the time in....you will achieve ...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Copper Silver questions (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL