The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » The Passing of Chad Hart (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

martini
View Profile
Special user
delta, pennsylvania
541 Posts

Profile of martini
Greetings All;
May I take up a few moments of your time here? Those of you who visit my house know that it is open door, there is always people here, either my kids (all 5, from ages 30 down to 20)or their many friends, and always magicians.
One of my kids friends, a young man by the name of Chad Hart, a proud young Irish lad who served two tours in Iraq not because he had to, but because he felt it an obligation to the country that accepted his family with open arms. He was the 27 year old in the kilt (regimental worn, and proud to prove it) who pestered many of us magicians to teach him a trick. We did of course and he became a regular, sometimes, I would wake up and find chad on the sofa, or curled up on the floor near the bar. Despite his many piercings, and tattoos, and wild spiked hair, he would help anyone at the drop of a hat, even if they were scared of him.
When we offered our dvd to help raise money for the folks down in New Orleans, Chad organized a drinking competition in a pub to raise money for them as well. He was that kind of kid, always willing to help out, even in unusual ways.
This week Chad was returning from Delaware with a friend, the friend was driving as Chad always insisted that if he had even one drink, that someone else had to drive. Like I said a crazy but good kid. On that return, crossing the Conowingo Dam, they swerved to avoid a box that was in the road, and were involed in a head on collision with an 18 wheeler. Chad was thrown through the windshield and killed instantly, the other young man is still in critical condition with not too much hope of recovery.
My wife and I just returned from the funeral home and the reality hit me that Chad was gone, it was especially hard seeing the magic tricks that his Mother put in the casket with him, and listening to his fellow Marines telling me how much he felt like family at my house, and how much he appreciated all of the magicians who taught him tricks and helped him get a start in magic. One never knows how much of an impression you have on someone until it is too late.
When you get a chance, if you could just say an extra prayer for Chad, the young man who was driving that night, and both of their families who are torn apart so badly at this time, I would appreciate it very much.
All the Best
Marty
Ryan clark
View Profile
Loyal user
Spruce Grove ,AB
236 Posts

Profile of Ryan clark
You bet marty, This is really too bad, so young and he seemed like a good kid too.

R.I.P
Any Effect Is Possible, methods are relativley easy to come by, but it is the effect that takes true courage to come up with

Sankey
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11208 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
R.I.P Chad. You are really a good kid with a good heart. You will be missed by many.
DStachowiak
View Profile
Inner circle
Baltimore, MD
2158 Posts

Profile of DStachowiak
Marty,
My sympathy for your loss.
Don
Woke up.
Fell out of bed.
Dragged a comb across m' head.
martini
View Profile
Special user
delta, pennsylvania
541 Posts

Profile of martini
Greetings Guys;
Thank You for your prayers, they are most appreciated. Chad was a good kid, he hung over at our house quite a bit and fit in almost as if he lived here.
All the Best
Marty
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » The Passing of Chad Hart (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL