The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » King rising levitation > please comment (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ellen Kotzin
View Profile
Loyal user
UPSTATE, NY
280 Posts

Profile of Ellen Kotzin
This levitation (from the ad) looks as goofy as the baladucci one where if you don't do the angles right you look dumb. Anyone use this levitation successfully?

Ellen
harryandersonfan.com
Jonatan B
View Profile
Veteran user
Gothenburg, Sweden
342 Posts

Profile of Jonatan B
I am a pro at the Balducci levitation, no else levitations Smile Smile
Jonatan Bank
rvigon
View Profile
Loyal user
uk
266 Posts

Profile of rvigon
Jonatan I think hdocter meant pros as good points not a mesure of expertise.
"No brilliance is required in magic, just determination and relatively clean fingernails."
MacGyver
View Profile
Inner circle
St. Louis, MO
1419 Posts

Profile of MacGyver
I personally don't like it, the balducci is better IMHO, the effect(you levitating) is the same and there isn't the goofy setup
Peedlkyle
View Profile
New user
I live in my house
98 Posts

Profile of Peedlkyle
I still can't totally decide. I like the Balducci because of its prep free, on-the-spot style. Though since it was exposed, you do get enough people knowing how it's done to make you wary of performing it. KR is just sometimes more trouble than it's worth. There are ways of doing it in the forums on e.com that make it look really good, but there's just too much more to hide that the Balducci. Personally, I say no.
On the other hand, you have different fingers.
dillib
View Profile
Elite user
476 Posts

Profile of dillib
King rising is definitely gonna stay in your drawer, it just cannot be done impromptu,as it is too much trouble as Peedlkyle mentioned.
Laura Winter
View Profile
New user
Finland
4 Posts

Profile of Laura Winter
Hi Ellen,
I hope I'm not too late jumping in, but it occurred to me that there might be some special considerations abot the King Rising for a woman.
The best outfit for doing it is baggy pants and thick-soled sneakers (and quite a large jacket). Now I'm more of a skirt and high heels gal myself, so I was a bit peeved after receiving the KR and noticing that I'd have to change my style of dressing completely to do it... Smile

But, of course, there are ways of working around these things, and being forced to be creative isn't necessarily a bad thing!

Best of luck with your levitations,
Laura
gandolf
View Profile
Loyal user
Hillsborough,NC
236 Posts

Profile of gandolf
Ellen:
Without getting too close to exposing the KR levitation, it is very similar to the Balducci. It does require a setup which can be performed on an impromptu basis. It is not as angle sensitive like the Balducci, but you will still need to pay attention. As mentioned before, baggy pants and the right pair of shoes will go a long way to improving the illusion. Not too sure about Laura's comment about the jacket though. I don't see the need for one, unless she uses it for the setup. I don't use one. Smile
Tor Egil
View Profile
Elite user
Norway
495 Posts

Profile of Tor Egil
You really don't need a jacket. With a good misdirection youre going to do just fine, but its a bit risky. Wll magic is a risky buisness.
Laura Winter
View Profile
New user
Finland
4 Posts

Profile of Laura Winter
Guys,
you are right about the jacket. I got depressed too soon about doing my wardrobe over completely. However, I got my KR over a week ago and still haven't been able to gather the courage to try it publicly. I'm just not sure whether it's worth it...

Laura
wiliby11
View Profile
New user
Topeka
13 Posts

Profile of wiliby11
IMHO it really in't worth the money at all. If anyone moves towards you then you are screwed because it is so angle sensitive, + it isn't impromptu & it takes a bit of time before you can "open" yourself to examination. Smile
Tor Egil
View Profile
Elite user
Norway
495 Posts

Profile of Tor Egil
It is so totaly worth the money. 17 bucks, come on. It doesn't get any cheaper then that.
Symmatrix
View Profile
Special user
553 Posts

Profile of Symmatrix
Recently, I got mine KR...well I can say that it is much better than balucci levitation. The problem that i am facing is that it requires jacket and you guys out there seems like the jacket is useless at all....Wondering when u guys finish the KR act. How are you going to finish clean ?

Smile
What We See Is Mainly Depend On What We Look For.
Only Those Who Can See The Invisible Can Do The Impossible.

Symmatrix Magic
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » King rising levitation > please comment (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL