The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Free Bits and Gags For Your Act (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6437 Posts

Profile of NJJ
The banana bandana is not a pun!

It is a delicate piece of post modern satire, a deconstruction if you will, of the preconcieved notions of fashion, style and image through the medium of agricultural produce....

;)

Seriously though,

there is always room for a good pun in entertainment. But do we need to rely on them so much?

I once put ten puns in my act and few of them actually got laughs. In fact...(drum roll) NO PUN IN TEN DID!

(no pun intended)
paulajayne
View Profile
Inner circle
London England
1160 Posts

Profile of paulajayne
"Do I sound bitter, well I am IF I SEE THAT BANANA BANDANA TRICK ONE MORE TIME... "

If it works and entertains the audience........

Paula
Paula Jay - Magic to Remember -
---------------------------------
I once wrote a book on elephants, I think paper would have been better.
----
Smudge
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of Smudge
I agree, an agent phoned me the other day and said please tell me you don't use the banana bandanna routine as everyone is using it, when I said that I didn't he gave me 4 gigs. that's why I make up my own routines and don't buy those that everyone is doing. I like to stay unique.
armagician
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of armagician
"This next trick is called chinese linking rings... I'm not sure why they call it that, because linclon was never chinese!"
The Village Idiots
View Profile
Elite user
Orlando
464 Posts

Profile of The Village Idiots
Yeah, well if I see TOILET PAPER OVER THE HEAD ONE MORE TIME....

We have three puns in our show. They have been there for many many years. Maybe they are kind of like a mole on your body. It's been there so long you don't think about it anymore. Maybe it should be removed?

One of the puns gets a big groan from the audience. So I say my groan response joke and it gets a huge laugh. Any response is a good response.

Nicholas, funny puns man. See, we hate what we see in ourself.

Will
Some are born idiots.

Some are made idiots.

Some have idiocy thrust upon them.
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2181 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
I like funny props here are a few I made up;

thai soup, thai food, tie in bowl

Butterfly, butter with wings on

second hand ciggarette case, open case to show second hand cigs that hace been used

big box with doors on front to resemble an elevator put head into box and open doors , 'do you like my new facelift?'

Poster or lifesize picture of somebodys head and torso 'i ;ve brought the family today, this is my half brother'

Matt
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Free Bits and Gags For Your Act (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL