The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » MIND(of Mencia)FREAK! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MAKMagic
View Profile
Special user
I got banned for one of my
555 Posts

Profile of MAKMagic
.:Michael Kelley
On the Level, By the Square
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Chris is soooooo hokey he deserves it.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Funny stuff. Yes Chris is hokey but I think he'd even think this is funny. Its when they stop talking about you that you're in trouble. LOL

Best,

Tim
tnscot
View Profile
Loyal user
220 Posts

Profile of tnscot
Yeah..I know that times change, and that performers will always evolve into what the current audience wants. And I know that CA has brought magic back to the younger generation. But...I still cant stand him. I love to see him getting clowned on.
As Always,
Scot Legdermain
kregg
View Profile
Inner circle
1958 Posts

Profile of kregg
That was the best Mencia bit ever. I have a feeling that Criss is a good sport and thought it was funny too.
POOF!
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Quote:
On 2007-08-07 11:24, tnscot wrote:
Yeah..I know that times change, and that performers will always evolve into what the current audience wants. And I know that CA has brought magic back to the younger generation. But...I still cant stand him. I love to see him getting clowned on.


I agree with ALL of the above but I'm sure Criss wouldn't mind quoting Liberace when we all make fun of him. Criss I am sure is " Crying all the way to the bank."

Here is another one.. not as good at looking like Criss but it makes great fun of the camera tricks! http://blog.metacafe.com/?p=54

Best,

Tim
DJM
View Profile
Inner circle
Israel
1681 Posts

Profile of DJM
This is such a ripoff of this popular David Blaine parody:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYxu_MQSTTY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGrTvNzGCZE


Only the original ones are much funnier.
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Quote:
On 2007-08-07 15:25, DJM wrote:
This is such a ripoff of this popular David Blaine parody:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYxu_MQSTTY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGrTvNzGCZE

Only the original ones are much funnier.



Are they ripping off those great Blaine Spoofs or are they spoofing an act that is already ripping off Blaine??? Lets face it... Criss Angels formula for success was to "Out-Blaine...David Blaine"

He's done it to perfection and to such an extent that anyone who follows him will be called copies of him and not Blaine.

Best,

Tim
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4502 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
I don't care what Mencia does. He copies almost all his material from guys like Bill Cosby. He almost does this stuff WORD for WORD.
tnscot
View Profile
Loyal user
220 Posts

Profile of tnscot
Quote:
On 2007-08-07 15:58, Blindside785 wrote:
I don't care what Mencia does. He copies almost all his material from guys like Bill Cosby. He almost does this stuff WORD for WORD.


I missed the Cosby routine about Criss Angel.
As Always,
Scot Legdermain
DJM
View Profile
Inner circle
Israel
1681 Posts

Profile of DJM
Quote:

Are they ripping off those great Blaine Spoofs or are they spoofing an act that is already ripping off Blaine??? Lets face it... Criss Angels formula for success was to "Out-Blaine...David Blaine"

He's done it to perfection and to such an extent that anyone who follows him will be called copies of him and not Blaine.

Best,

Tim



I just meant it's obvious that Mencia's idea is copied from that Youtube spoof that I posted of David Blaine. Same idea, same jokes, same reactions. The David Blaine one is considered one of the most viewed on Youtube with over 7 million views, so maybe that's why he chose that.
DJM
View Profile
Inner circle
Israel
1681 Posts

Profile of DJM
rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2464 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
Quote:
On 2007-08-07 17:57, DJM wrote:
Wow, looks like he has a long history of stealing jokes from other people.

So did Milton Berle. NEXT!
DerekMerdinyan
View Profile
Inner circle
1030 Posts

Profile of DerekMerdinyan
Quote:
On 2007-08-07 15:25, DJM wrote:
This is such a ripoff of this popular David Blaine parody:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYxu_MQSTTY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGrTvNzGCZE


Only the original ones are much funnier.




Carlos was previously confronted by Joe Rogan about stealing material:
http://itricks.com/news/?p=1640
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » MIND(of Mencia)FREAK! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL