The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Business card critique?? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Magic_Steve
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
1476 Posts

Profile of Magic_Steve
Donald,

For some reason, it wouldn't let me post it. I tried resaving it and everything. I'll email you the final copy. Smile

Thanks everyone!
Steve
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7466 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Got your e-mail, and send you some feedback by PM.

It's been my pleasure to help you, Steve. I hope that you can use your cards (just another tool in your toolbox) to book lots of shows.

- Donald

P.S. One reason it might not let you post it, is the odd file type of the image.
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2941 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
Quote:
On 2007-08-08 17:18, magic4u02 wrote:
- I would first flip the card vertical. there is nothing out there that says a magician can't have a vertical card. Vertical cards do get noticed and makes you stand out. The vertical nature of the caricature itself really screams to want to be on a vertical card format.

I agree with Kyle. I've got a vertical card. Have had some very positive feedback on it.
Magic_Steve
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
1476 Posts

Profile of Magic_Steve
Thanks Laurie. It's already out to press, so I'll see how it turns out! Here's to wishing it's all good! Smile
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2941 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
Very welcome, Steve.
Magic_Steve
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
1476 Posts

Profile of Magic_Steve
Hey all...

Business cards came a couple of days ago. They look absolutely killer! WOW! This is by far the best business card I've had. Thanks for Donald, Kyle, Curtis, Josh, and a whole lot more people for helping me design this thing. I really appreciate it! Smile

Thanks!
Steve
joshlondon17
View Profile
Special user
San Diego, CA
685 Posts

Profile of joshlondon17
Steve,

Glad you like the business card. Make sure to only hand them out to people who are qualified to pay for your magic services. This is something that took me a long time to figure out when I was doing restaurants. I just wouldn't hand my cards out to anyone. They had to prove to me they were worthy of my services.

Josh London
tparrett62
View Profile
Regular user
New York
171 Posts

Profile of tparrett62
Here's an opposite train of thought- give 2 to everyone. Tell them to keep one for themselevs, and to give one to someone else who they think can use your services. With all due respect, giving them only to people who look "worthy" of your services will eliminate a lot of good prospects. I have gotten MANY good gigs from unlikely sources. Give out as many as you can, then separate the wheat from chaff when they call.
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7466 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Great to read of your success, Steve. Now use those tools (business cards) to get more business. Smile

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
Magic_Steve
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
1476 Posts

Profile of Magic_Steve
Thanks all. anyone that that says yes is worthy of my card...on cell so cant type much...thanks!!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Business card critique?? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL