The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Cyclone's Elevator Review (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Brandon Harper
View Profile
Loyal user
Austin, Texas
207 Posts

Profile of Brandon Harper
I have to agree with almost everyone. I received mine today. I opened the box and started to laugh. Not because I was disappointed, but because I didn't think of it myself. The quality of the prop is superb. I am very surprised that Peter managed to sell it for $100. He set out to "fix" a lot of problems that exist with other levitations, AND DID!!!! If you are not impressed with the quality of work and the thought that went into the creation of the trick, I challenge you to find me a better example. Peter did a wonderful job and he should be commended for it.
Cyclone
View Profile
New user
USA
52 Posts

Profile of Cyclone
I'm on the process of building my own custom Elevator Smile

Oh and quit sending me PM's requesting to trade items because I won't.

Peace! Smile
I'm Your Daddy
thehawk
View Profile
Inner circle
2275 Posts

Profile of thehawk
I think Peter's idea for the elevator is brilliant. Good job Peter. With a bit of thinking this effect will definitely blow people away. The best thing about it is that you are left clean before and after.
This item is a bargain for what Peter is selling it for. It definitely could have been priced higher. Now that everybody on the Café has had a chance to get one Peter, could you please raise the price?
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
The Elevator is priced right. It allows the serious minded entertainer an opportunity to purchase a quality effect and enchance his performance.

It is not something one can do on a stage or in a resturant setting, but close-up, small groups, and controlled situations it will be great.

Peter also has to make a profit as well as Hocus-Pocus (exclusive dealer for the Elevator)

There may be only a hundred or so people who already bought it, or even a thousand. That still is not a lot of people world wide doing it. It is not the Professor's Nightmare that someone can go out and buy a piece of rope and cut it into three pieces.

I just hope the clones don't pop up!
Dennis Michael
Bill Beach
View Profile
Veteran user
Nashville, TN
304 Posts

Profile of Bill Beach
I received mine yesterday and must say that I agree 100% with all the positive comments that have been made. The Elevator is well-constructed, very deceptive, and well worth the price.

That being said, I did find one negative aspect. I'm a fairly big guy, 6 ft, 230 lbs. While practicing in my kitchen, which has vinyl flooring, I noticed it left some imprints the shape of the gimmick on the floor. They can be seen when the light hits the floor at the right angle. I'm hoping my wife doesn't notice, and I'm glad it was my floor instead of someone else's.

Perhaps this wouldn't be a problem for a smaller person, but it might be a good idea to avoid using the Elevator on a vinyl floor surface, especially those that seem to be soft or cushioned.

I have PM'd Peter of this situation. Other than that, I am extremely pleased with the product can't wait to start using it!!

Bill Beach
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

Profile of Peter Loughran
LOL! I'm sorry to hear that. Sorry, I don't mean to laugh. I'm just thinking of your wife...lol.

But on the end of the CD I talk about adding a special something for something else in mind, but that special something will be a solution to that minor detail as well.

Hope that helps.

P.
Brand New: - SNAKE BITE ILLUSION
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:
https://m.facebook.com/peter.loughran.9

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Also visit: www.l2fireworks.com
yoey2000
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of yoey2000
I still need an answer to my questions. Are both feet an equal distance from the floor? If not, that looks kinda funny. Also, can it be seen from the front and the sides at the SAME time? I think the side levitation looks a lot better then the front. You can't even tell he's levitating unless you "look" under his feet, which may reveal the secret.
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

Yes, both feet are equal distance from the floor when levitating.

Yes, you can view it from the front or the sides at the same time. You can have specators on three sides of you while you perform it.

I do include a presentation in the manuscript that allows you to have your spectators see under your feet while you are floating. When I was first experimenting with the effect in the public for my own use, this was one of the presentations I was doing.

Hope this helps.

P.
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

yoey2000
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of yoey2000
Thanks! It looks great! I should be ordering it soon! Smile
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
Hello,
I have been viewing this thread and all the others. I have not joined in until now. The reason is, why talk about something when you don't know anything about the product?

I viewed this thread when it was first posted. One post has been cleaned up since then. It was the very first post. That person told everyone viewing, how this effect was done. He also mentioned that he could make it for around $40.00 U.S.A.

I have been doing magic for a long time, and I expect to pay a little more for the right of keeping the secret! After all, this is how we, grown ups, do things in the world of magic! Why would someone pay over $100, and then tell everyone how it was done? All I can say is, Kids.

Peter, I am impressed with what you did. I like the gimmick, but what I really like is the magic of getting into position! You are a master at misdirection. This positioning is so natural.

I have one comment about 'going south'. I have noise when I go south. What I do after I land, is use one hand and try to stop or slow down the noise level. This works fine for me.

I would have paid $200 for this effect. It is everything that I expected and more. Thanks for giving the magic world this great effect.

Ray Noble

P.S. Peter, what software did you use for making the CD?
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

Ray,

Michael Sibbernsen came up with a beautiful and easy solution for this. When you register the product with us I will share the info Michael has so thoughtfully contributed and is allowing us to share. Since Michael contacted me about this, I was seriously thinking of putting together a short book on additional notes, ideas, routines and presentations gathered from experts in our field such as Michael and from really anyone with good ideas. I think that would be pretty cool, and of course it would only be available to those who have registered the product with us.

I'm not really too worried about people making their 'Versions' as I doubt it would be as good, considering we had one piece specially designed, and another component was tampered with quite a bit unknown to the owner of the prop. I was going to mention the modifications that we did in the manuscript but my builder advised against it just for that reason of people trying to copy the product as good.

Anyway, thanks Ray for the comments. I'll hopefully see you floating around sometime.

P.
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Bill Beach
View Profile
Veteran user
Nashville, TN
304 Posts

Profile of Bill Beach
Hey Peter, how about a password protected page on your website where those of us who have purchased the product could share ideas, tips, and experiences we've had with the Elevator (I anticipate many interesting experiences).

You could post the additonal ideas you have collected there as well. Would save you the expense of printing up an additonal manual and the information would always be current.

Perhaps the password could be the purchaser's e-mail address and document number.

Don't know if this would be feasible or not, but it would be a neat thing!!

Bill Beach -- has been floating around all day!!
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
Bill,

Great idea, and yes it is feasible. I like the idea, since every Elevator has a code number and a name attached to it. It is simple to put up a statistical page to check who is using the site.

Peter,

I have to tell you I too am over weight and it left an impression on the rug which my wife immediately noticed it. Also, it is an inspiration to lose weight so I can "go south" a lot easier and without falling.
Dennis Michael
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

Perhaps you should stick to a hard surface like a street. Or maybe rub the carpet afterwards with your feet briefly before showing the bottom, as described in the manuscript regarding a particular presentation. If you have a problem, we probably have the solution, so try emailing us first with your question rather than posting the potentially revealing question.

Thanks,

P.
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Outlawz_311
View Profile
New user
Minesotta
92 Posts

Profile of Outlawz_311
Quote:
On 2003-02-09 18:51, DenDowhy wrote:

I have to tell you I too am over weight and it left an impression on the rug an my wife immediately noticed it. Also, it is an inspriation to lose weight so I can "go south" a lot easier and without falling.

:rotf: I made the same mistake Bill.
"Ashtonishment is our state of mind" - Paul Harris
www.STGmastaz.150m.com
Sean Leo
View Profile
New user
Singapore
5 Posts

Profile of Sean Leo
Peter, you are right...not much of a weight limitation. However, I have a problem with "length" limitation. Hope you understand what I mean.

By the way, the script has how many pages? Seems like my 1st page is missing (not delivered). Smile
FTAMagician
View Profile
Loyal user
291 Posts

Profile of FTAMagician
Really do hope we can work out something where with the code number or whatever, ONLY those that own this can get in and talk about "things". I'm sure everybody that has one has a performance or set-up (or clean-up) idea!!!! I know I do but can't post 'em...yet!!! Let's have an "Elevator Owners Only" place!!!!
Platt
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2015 Posts

Profile of Platt
Well, I caved in and bought the Elevator. Having stated in earlier posts (on the Elevator) that the "next greatest thing" is never the next greatest thing, I wasn't expecting much.

That said, I commend Peter on exhibiting the utmost creativity. Upon opening the box I went through the whole, "Darn, why didn't I think of that!" routine. He simply combined two basic principles that nobody previously thought to combine.

Let's face it, nobody's ever satisfied when they buy a floating or levitating effect. Like others have mentioned, we're somehow expecting to receive something more real than what we get. Whatever that means. The brilliance in Peter's thinking is not so much the levitation, but the fact that you start and end clean. That's huge.

A few things to keep in mind-

1. Don't expect to be able to this thing barefoot. I'm sure it's possible, but it would be painful and very difficult.

2. There will be better versions of this, hopefully released by Peter. Trust me on this. I can already think of ways to make the gimmick more stealthy as well as create a better illusion. Would it cost more? Of course. But I think "The Elevator II Deluxe" will be well worth it.

Again, the basic premise is very smart and creative. And yes, it works. Congratulations Peter!
I'm excited to see where your invention goes from here.
Sugar Rush is here! Freakishly visual magic. http://www.plattmagic.com
jimesw
View Profile
Special user
675 Posts

Profile of jimesw
Hi Peter

Can you tell me how much this would cost to ship to the UK? I posted the message here as I'm guessing a few other people in the UK will be interested to know.

cheers
jimesw@yahoo.com
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

Thanks, Platt. I'm glad you saw the cleverness in what I created. That means a lot from the previous posts we were exchanging earlier.

I have this invention very well protected and a lot of great performers and people in the biz on my side with this. I challenge anyone to try to release a different version of this to the market without my permission and see how far they get with their product. I'm not sure if I personally will be releasing an Elevator II deluxe version as I think what I have does the job and does it well. Why try to fix something that's not broken?

I don't find it painful doing it barefoot, but I imagine you are correct in saying some might find it difficult. But don't forget, I have been working with the Elevator for a lot longer than anyone else. But really I don't think too many people would even want to do it barefoot, but the option is there.

Thanks for the comments Platt, you obviouly like to tell it how you see it without holding back, and I appreciate the kind words. Again this means a lot coming from someone so skeptical as yourself.

P.
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Cyclone's Elevator Review (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL