The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » HELP : Newspaper Torn & Restored Trick from "the recruit" movie (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

-=lexluthor=-
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of -=lexluthor=-
Hi All,

I would like to know the name of the trick used by Al Pacino in the movie "the recruit"?
Is it the Gene Anderson trick?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLTx-_0nRL8

And where would you recommend me to get the instructions & the gimmick from?

Thanks in advance
JackScratch
View Profile
Inner circle
2151 Posts

Profile of JackScratch
Ouch. Yeah, this post is going to get some negative replies. Where to start. One of the more frowned upon things in this and most magic forums is making your first post a request for the name of, or directions to a particular effect. Give us a little time to get to know you, and why it is you want ot know the effect in the first place. For all we know, you aren't even a magician, and telling you would be unethical.
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3433 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
But telling them the name of the effect and where to get it doesn't hurt a bit.

Probably not the Anderson "Paper Tear" because of the way the paper was torn, and with a movie thing called edits anything is possible.

Contact Magic Inc. or any magic dealer and you can purchase the effect. (The gimmick you will have to make on your own.)

FWIW

Cheers! Smile
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
There is no name for it. It was done by editing of the camera. If the camera would of stayed on it continually, then it would of had a name because the real effect would of had to take place.
fallingblood
View Profile
New user
North Dakota
98 Posts

Profile of fallingblood
I agree with Dynamike. It was just camera editing. I know a quite a few different torn and restored paper effects, but this one doesn't look quite like any of them.
jolyonjenkins
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
1181 Posts

Profile of jolyonjenkins
The Anderson one actually looks better!
But there is an interesting patter idea in there somewhere.
Jolyon Jenkins
jquackc
View Profile
Loyal user
JC - Denver
218 Posts

Profile of jquackc
Quote:
On 2007-08-11 10:59, JackScratch wrote:
Ouch. Yeah, this post is going to get some negative replies. Where to start. One of the more frowned upon things in this and most magic forums is making your first post a request for the name of, or directions to a particular effect. Give us a little time to get to know you, and why it is you want ot know the effect in the first place. For all we know, you aren't even a magician, and telling you would be unethical.

Telling which trick it is and where to get it isn't the same as telling him how it is done. Lex... don't worry about asking questions like that...there is no problem. This torn and restored he did is a trick called camera editing...but the gene anderson is just a visual and requires no cuts Smile . Al Pacino isn't a magician so don't be mad if you felt decieved. Check out the Gene Anderson paper tear and also Osterlind has a pretty good one. Good luck Lex on all your endeavors.
JC

www.jquackc.com
myspace.com/jquackc

It's coming...QUACK... a new ebook from the fallible mind of JC... April 2048... groundbreaking material... limited edition... only 200 will be sold. Starting at $47... Preorder your copy toda
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » HELP : Newspaper Torn & Restored Trick from "the recruit" movie (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL