The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » I'm a loser... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
sadsack
View Profile

0 Posts

Profile of sadsack
Hi.

Magic is the only thing that has kept me from doing myself in.

I'm a loser. I have no friends, family or anyone to hang around with. People were always mean to me and called me sad sack, so I guess the name fits. I ran away from home when I was eleven, got caught up in a bad group, started doing drugs and haven't seen or spoken to my sisters and brother in over twenty years. They all have kids that I have never even met.

I screwed up everything I have done and am always in some sort of predictiment. I have a crumby job that dosen't pay much at all, no health benefits and I haven't been on a real vacation in more than 15 years. I don't own anything, have no money in the bank and am basicilly homeless, if it wasn't for the kindness of a special person who let's me sleep in their basement.

I don't know why I'm telling you all this? I have been lurking and thought I would join. There seems to be a lot of nice people here, so I thought I would take a chance and jump in. I have nothing else to do anyway.

I am good with a deck of cards and I also like coin magic. I try to make some money when I can, out on the streets where I live. Mostly I make enough to get something to eat but not much more than that.

I hope I can learn some more from all you great magicians/people. If it wasn't for magic, I don't know what I would be doing. There have been many depressing times in my life when I would just turn off the world, go hide by the tracks with my cards and watch the train go by. I always wonder where it's going and if its a better place than where I am. I've been robed, beaten up and mugged more than I would like to admit to.

Someday I hope I can have enough money to go to a magic convention. Man, I think that must be the coolest thing!

well, that's more than I think you want to hear and I don't mean to bring anyone down with my troubles. I just wanted to say hello and let you know a little about me.

My real name is Joey. You can call me that or Sad Sack, either way Its OK with me.

Take care -
Joe Marotta
View Profile
Special user
Can You Believe I Have
944 Posts

Profile of Joe Marotta
Hi Joey,

Welcome to The Magic Café. It's an honor to welcome you here. I'm glad that you found the courage to introduce yourself to us and come out from lurking mode.

All of us have felt the way that you do, to some degree or another. I'm very proud of you for coming out and sharing the 'real' Joey with us instead of creating a make-believe character. Sure, some people here are pretending to be something they're not. Others are not afraid to show their real selves, worts and all. You are a very brave and humble man. Personally, you are someone who I would be proud to call my friend.

Cards? There are many excellent card technicians inside here. Coins? You've come to the right place once again. You will find advice and tips in this Café, but more importantly, you will find friends and caring people who will encourage you and accept you just the way you are. Sure you will run into some flakes here, but just like anywhere else in life, just ignore the flakes and don't let them stop you from following your dream.

Do you live in the USA? Doesn't that sound weird? I just assume everyone in the Café lives in the USA unless they tell us otherwise.... pretty silly of me. There are many magic conventions around the USA during the year. Chances are you'll be able to attend one in the near future.

Joey, I think you may be at the beginning of great things starting to happen in your life. You will be in my prayers. It's great to have met you.

Now let the Magic begin!

Take care,
Joe
DocEdward
View Profile
New user
43 Posts

Profile of DocEdward
Joey,
Glad to have you on board. Hey, all of us have felt like crap at some point. You found something you're good at so let that be a start. And don't feel bad about what you've done so far. If you're honestly trying then you're not failing.

Like Joe said before me, you have a friend here. Looking forward to growing in magic together...

< )))>< Doc
Dmann
View Profile
Inner circle
Crossville, Tennessee
1683 Posts

Profile of Dmann
Welcome to the Café and enjoy.
Ted Danger
View Profile
New user
San Francisco/Utila
95 Posts

Profile of Ted Danger
Hey Joey,

Welcome to the Café. Stay away from the bullet catch....
"One may say the eternal mystery of the world is its comprehensibility." Albert E.
Magic Enhancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Robert Haas
1805 Posts

Profile of Magic Enhancer
Hey Joey,

You wouldn't happen to be from Ny, would you? Just curious.

Robert Haas
http://www.MagicEnhancer.com
Robert Haas
Magic Enhancer
Quality magic products for the working professional.
www.MagicEnhancer.com
TWOCAN
View Profile
Special user
PORT RICHEY FLORIDA
768 Posts

Profile of TWOCAN
Hey joey.
Joe marotta said every thing I can think of. Infact I couldn't have said it any better. Bravo Mr Marotta. Joe just keep the faith man and keep intouch with us here at the Café life is full of great things and when the negitive stuff comes to mind just give it to the man upstairs and move on to bigger and better things. Best of luck man PT
Close up coin magic.

Okito box clip.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=100n9CnFjXw
ibm_usa
View Profile
Special user
In Your Mind, Ky, USA
722 Posts

Profile of ibm_usa
Quote:
On 2007-08-12 08:05, Ted Danger wrote:
Hey Joey,

Welcome to the Café. Stay away from the bullet catch....

(Hums Dracula theme) please stay away from the bullet catch.
"You may think that i only talk of things from the past, you know, history, well magic is history"

-Guy Jarrett

"Curiosity isn't a sin Harry, but it should be exorcised with great caution."

-Albus Dumbledore (Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire)
http://www.jordanallen-mentalist.webs.com/
MikeMetal2006
View Profile
Regular user
Anchorage, Alaska
111 Posts

Profile of MikeMetal2006
Welcome to the Café.
Dr. TORA
View Profile
Inner circle
TURKEY
1447 Posts

Profile of Dr. TORA
Hi Joey,
Your story is one of the most differnt ones I happen to read here. With magic you will never be a loser. Believe me...
Welcome to our beautiful Café. As you have noticed it is one of a kind;unique.Absolutely the best the best place about magic ever.You will find this as a invaluable source that you can not buy even with money. The people are so friendly as well as being helpful.The Café is such a the unique place for Magic. It is ever expanding and has over 31.000 members throughout the world. It will make a great contribution to your magic perspective. Do not forget to post often. You will find many new friends and many new ideas here. I predict you will like the Café.Please grab a chair and begin to type your next post while you have a cup of strong Turkish coffee on my bill.
We are glad that you have joined us.
Magically Yours,

OZLEN TUNCER /Dr.TORA

Have you visited my new Website in English, yet?

www.magictora.com or www.torasmagic.com
Lester
View Profile
Regular user
Scotland. U.K
188 Posts

Profile of Lester
Hi Joey,

Just to say welcome to you. I'd just like to echo everything that has just been said, especially Joe Marotta's words. It is indeed an honour to welcome you here and I too would regard it as a honour to have you as a friend.

Hope to hear from you soon here in the Café.

With all good wishes,
Take Care.

Lester
David McCall
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of David McCall
Quote:
On 2007-08-11 16:52, sadsack wrote:
...My real name is Joey. You can call me that or Sad Sack, either way Its OK with me.

Take care -

Hi Joey. It's nice to meet you.. ok, well, type to you anyway. I hope things improve for you, man.

Maybe something here will inspire you. Remember, every day is new.
Magicusa
View Profile
Elite user
478 Posts

Profile of Magicusa
Joey,

You are going to love the Café. You will always have someone to talk to here.
Hope to see a post from you soon.

Emmett
Alexa_mei
View Profile

0 Posts

Profile of Alexa_mei
Hi Joey,
You are of great courage. Don't worry ,you can find friends here. We admire you
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
Welcome to the Café!

Hang in there, Joey. Believe it or not, there are people who would love to trade places with you. The Rosary works for me.
EricDraven
View Profile
Inner circle
1243 Posts

Profile of EricDraven
Hey Joey,

welcome aboard! Brave magicians like you are always welcome! Thoughts create reality, so try, little by little, to change your focus from all the bad that happened to you to things that lighten up your life. Magic is a good start! All that bad things are in your past, don't let them control you now... even if there are troubles around you now, there is always the contrary around you: Look around and see the good and positive that surrounds you (believe me: there IS)...

All the best wishes from Germany and a very warm welcome to you...
Eric
Believe me...nothing is trivial...
Nedim
View Profile
Elite user
istanbul/turkey
444 Posts

Profile of Nedim
Hi,

Welcome to the Café. Here is a great place to talk about magic and learn new things. You can talk with magicians all around the world. I hope you will enjoy here. Have a nice time. And don't forget to write.

magicially yours,

Nedim Guzel
Jeff_Mash
View Profile
Veteran user
Bay Area, California
327 Posts

Profile of Jeff_Mash
Welcome to the Café!
Your friend in magic,

Jeff Mash, CEO
MJM Magic - "Magic for Magicians, Jokesters, and Mentalists!"
http://www.MJMMagic.com
Steve Cook
View Profile
Regular user
119 Posts

Profile of Steve Cook
Hey Joe... good name, good song. Of all the names in all the bar-joints in all the towns in all the world... Hendrix picked yours! Must be worth something? Good times ahead kid... go chalk 'em up! Take care and best to you. Steve.
m15d1r3ct10n
View Profile
New user
32 Posts

Profile of m15d1r3ct10n
Hey Joey,
I have been reluctant for a few days to respond. I don't know why really. But I think I can help you. Iit is any consolation to you. I myself was just like you through all my life. I experienced the same problems you have. Heck I had people messing with me so badly that they tried to kill me with poison. But! I have prevailed. Stop calling yourself a loser or a sad sack NOW! that just gives the past more power over you! it is time for you to start thinking possitive, and start thinking of what kind of person you really are. I know those lies from the past can really damage you and live with you for a long time, but if you look at yourself in a whole nother light, search deep, you will find your inner abilities, and who you are really. And then you need to start living that way and erase and reprogram all the crap those people fed you. I tell you no lies, That is what I had to do, and I tell you what, I have friends now, I have people around me who like me for me. And so far I must say you have taken the first big step. You have found something that you like to do, a hobby an interest, and now you found a place where you share this common tie with us. Here you have a great opportunity to rebuild your life and put the right back at wrong. I feel like I need to help you. So, I invite you to email me and if you need to talk about something. I can relate to you. And that is why I want to help. Trust me if I can do it...YOU CAN TOO. email me mikefrye13@gmail.com keep your head up and keep posting bro
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » I'm a loser... (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL