The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Thought of Cards Across Project (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Waters
View Profile
Inner circle
2508 Posts

Profile of Waters
Thanks Christopher and Psychicturtle! As I mentioned, I really look forward to it. I'll keep you posted.

With regards,
Sean
mormonyoyoman
View Profile
Inner circle
I dug 5,000 postholes, but I have only
2440 Posts

Profile of mormonyoyoman
Having "traded up" on laptops twice now, I've determined to no longer be burned by digital "security." Two things I've noticed about said security:

1. It doesn't work. (Stripped bootleg copies of DRM and password-protected files are commonplace at users groups and on-line. This file is no different.)

2. Getting replacement files when one upgrades computers or travels (such as the example in an above post) is next to impossible. For instance, I've been unable to get a reply from the folks at Expert Magic for a month now.

Security on PDFs or downloads doesn't help anyone, and I'm sure it hurts sales. It keeps me from buying anything with "security" from now on.

*jeep!
--a multiple-times burned Granpa Chet
#ShareGoodness #ldsconf

--Grandpa Chet
Jim-Callahan
View Profile
V.I.P.
5018 Posts

Profile of Jim-Callahan
C'mon Chet,

I have been quite nice and given you the password for your files or offered new ones.
(Also to note those who have purchased my few offerings have been very ethical.)

From a guy who protects his work with passwords and is dilgent in helping customers 'you included' I must dissagree.

Hope all is well.
I have not heard much from you since having to leave the Mentalist Sanctum.

My best wishes,
-Jim
“I can make Satan’s devils dance like fine gentlemen across the stage of reality”.
mormonyoyoman
View Profile
Inner circle
I dug 5,000 postholes, but I have only
2440 Posts

Profile of mormonyoyoman
All is well, Jim -- the travels across country have kept me tied up, and out of communication a lot. You are one of the exceptions when it comes to being helpful in the password-and-DRM department (Greg Rosani being another) and I appreciate it. To tell the truth, passwords aren't nearly the problem which DRM (One Computer Only) files are. And this file seems to have the same problem, i.e. - One Computer Only. That's a problem which your download didn't have.

*jeep!
--Granpa Chet
#ShareGoodness #ldsconf

--Grandpa Chet
Jim-Callahan
View Profile
V.I.P.
5018 Posts

Profile of Jim-Callahan
Chet,

I can see the problem with a one computer only file.
(Heck I have two and a new one is on it's way.)

That would be a bit of a problem becouse I tend to only have one computer on line but it is not my first choice to read a manuscript on.

I had not heard of that sort of protection being used on these types of documents.

Jim
“I can make Satan’s devils dance like fine gentlemen across the stage of reality”.
rubadubdub
View Profile
Regular user
153 Posts

Profile of rubadubdub
Point Taken Chris.

Hope all is well at your end dude.

best

rubadubdub and the 3 girls in the tub
EricDraven
View Profile
Inner circle
1257 Posts

Profile of EricDraven
I am very happy with my hardcopy version. Regarding my customer-behaviour: I would never (o.k. 99% Smile) buy a one pc only digital version...
Believe me...nothing is trivial...
Waters
View Profile
Inner circle
2508 Posts

Profile of Waters
It's my anniversary...

It's been one month since I've ordered this and I am still waiting.

Sean
Y2John
View Profile
Inner circle
1498 Posts

Profile of Y2John
Still??????

Now that's slow
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4464 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
I will alert the distributors to it...Sorry to hear this, let me see if I can help in some way...
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
ggarcia
View Profile
Veteran user
San Antonio Tx
395 Posts

Profile of ggarcia
Mr williams,
can I order this from you - the hardcopy. I am interested but don't want to wait a month to get it.
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4464 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
Unfortunately I don't have any copies, I haven't had a copy for myself yet! I will try and get some for myself for lectures etc as well. Sean, I emailed you something...ggarcia...most companies have this worldwide now, so you should be able to get it from your local dealer
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
Waters
View Profile
Inner circle
2508 Posts

Profile of Waters
Thanks Christoher! I just received it today. I am looking forward to posting some thoughts

Thanks,
Sean
Y2John
View Profile
Inner circle
1498 Posts

Profile of Y2John
Cool

I look forward to your thoughts
Waters
View Profile
Inner circle
2508 Posts

Profile of Waters
Thanks John! I am honestly very excited about this book. I really love the plot and am looking for your "gimmickless" approaches. Thanks for sharing. Give me some time and I'll be back.

Thanks,
Sean
gjmagic
View Profile
Special user
UK
974 Posts

Profile of gjmagic
Quote:
On 2007-08-30 13:23, psychicturtle wrote:
This is a great booklet, now I have practical methods for one of my favourite plots in card magic.
My personal favourite is Gary's version, although all three are excellent. I think it's a really good thing to have the different versions as there is bound to be one that is right for you.

Excellent stuff. Chris's 'A collection of card Magic' e-book is also excellent, so get that as well. You won't regret it.

Hi psychicturtle,

Thank you for the kind comments, glad you like my version, I use this all the time.

I still haven't seen the finished booklet yet but I know that John has an updated handling to his version which really does lift this effect, as does Chris, I'm sure that if you PM them they will give you more info.

All the best,

Gary Jones.
MIMC Gold Star

www.garyjonesmagic.com

gary@garyjonesmagic.com

DVDs/Effects; The Unknown - iCandy - More iCandy 1 & 2 - Dupes - 52 0n 1 Project - 74% Self Working - Flying Tonight - Pocket This - 6 Pack Coins - 6 Pack Cards - Thought Wave - Noted - Duality - Live Lecture Vol 1 - Pseudo Pickpocket - iContact - Shock Twist - Thought of Cards Across Plus - Touched - Colour Diffusion - Look No Hands Wayne Dobson - Automata - Box Pad - No Frills Lecture Notes 1 & 2 - The Ammo - Double Cross - Initial Here - Automata 2 - Black Market - Trick Soup - Automata 3 - Penguin Live Lecture - Upper Hand - Cartoon Capers - At The Table Lecture - Life's a Beach Vol 1 - Life's A Beach Vol 2 - Alas Chris and Jones.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Thought of Cards Across Project (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL