The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Video's stop loading (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
I asked around in other more appropriate online forums for computer issues but got no response.

I got a new notebook computer. When I watch youtube videos the video will only load part way then it stops loading. I can watch short videos but if it's over a minute long (or so) it'll only load part way.

To clarify. You know at youtube when a video is loading that red bar grows across the bottom of the video? It'll load about a third of the way across then it'll stop loading so the video can only play until it reaches the end of the red bar.

Any ideas on how to fix this? I'm thinking that something might be set wrong to only load for a certain amount of time then stop. That's what it seems like anyway. But I don't know how to fix it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Ron Jaxon

After regaining my ability to hear after 20 years of deafness. I learned that there is magic all around you. The simplest sounds that amazed me you probably ignore. Look and listen around you right now. You'll find something you didn't notice before.
Corona Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Airstrip One
1689 Posts

Profile of Corona Smith
1. Check internet browser preferences.

2. Make sure you have latest version of your web browser of choice.

3. Delete cookies.

Try again.

This is what I would do, but I am no expert, you might want to wait for some more accomplished advice.

Good Luck,

Corona.
rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2448 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
Betcha got a computer pre-installed with Vista.

I have a love-hate relationship with Vista, and the hate is rapidly edging out the love. Nobody knows how it works (not even tech support) and it seems determined to keep the computer-illiterate happy by doing everything for them, which keeps those who want to use it like a tool instead of a plaything very frustrated!
Corona Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Airstrip One
1689 Posts

Profile of Corona Smith
Hmmm...

That's a good idea too, try another web browser, can you use firefox?
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
Yes I am using Windows Vista and everything is up todate with latest programs. I tried Explorere, Firefox and AOL browser and I still get the same issue. I tried to download a video that was Emailed to me and I get teh same thing. The download just stops loading after a minute. Youtube videos will load the first 15 seconds to a minute then stop.

Thanks for the suggestions so far but if anyone has a possible solution knowing the above suggestion (Although appreciate) didn't work?

Ron Jaxon

After regaining my ability to hear after 20 years of deafness. I learned that there is magic all around you. The simplest sounds that amazed me you probably ignore. Look and listen around you right now. You'll find something you didn't notice before.
Matthew W
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2456 Posts

Profile of Matthew W
Update your flash player. You may have an outdated version.

EDIT: I re-red your last post, it sounds like there may be a firewall blocking the downloads.
-Matt
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On 2007-08-15 18:23, Jaxon wrote:
I tried to download a video that was Emailed to me and I get teh same thing. The download just stops loading after a minute.

Did you just click and try to play the emailed video directly from the email, or did you really try to download and save it to disk before playing it?

If it stopped downloading midway through downloading to disk then it does sound like a connection or firewall issue.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
Oh, I know how to open or download videos from Emails. I understand your point but I download an average of 3 to 5 videos a week for the past year. Smile

I doubt it would be a firewall issue because it would seem that a firewall would prevent it from loading at all. This is a new computer with an over 100GB memory. I recently installed all the things I need (video players, flash players, etc...) and I update them as soon as I instal them. So everything is up to date and recent.

I made this screen capture video to show you what I mean, It's a capture of me trying to open a youtube video. Watch the red load bar and notice how it only loads so far then stops loading.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=WBb63slmL7s

THnaks again for all the suggestions but I just cna't find the solution yet. It has to be some kind of setting to stop loading after a set number of time or space. That's what it seems like is happening anyway.

Ron Jaxon

balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On 2007-08-16 18:07, Jaxon wrote:
Oh, I know how to open or download videos from Emails. I understand your point but I download an average of 3 to 5 videos a week for the past year. Smile

I'm not sure whether you actually answered my question as to whether or not you actually tried saving the video to disk before trying to view it. Again, if you haven't done that then it is something I would check.

Anyway, is your connection to the internet a new one or is it the same one you've always used? Any chance you can take your computer someplace else (say a Starbucks with wifi) and try there?
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
Thanks. Yea, I download the videos.

My laptop is new but it's connected to my cable modem with a router. Maybe I have something interfearing. I'll look into that.

Ron Jaxon

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Video's stop loading (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL