The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Deluxe magic assortment. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Matthew W
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2456 Posts

Profile of Matthew W
http://www.orientaltrading.com/applicati......dPrefix=
12&sku=5/906&mode=Searching&erec=0&D=magic%2Btricks&Ntt=magic%2Btricks&Ntk=
all&Dx=mode%252bmatchallpartial&Ntx=mode%252bmatchallpartial&y=0&N=0&x=0&sd=DELUXE+MAGIC+TRICK+ASSORTMENT

I am looking into buying one of these to have. The description is kinda confusing.

If you have ever purchased one of theses before, how is it packaged? Are there 72 kits with 6 trick in each, or 72 tricks?
-Matt
GeneTony
View Profile
Special user
509 Posts

Profile of GeneTony
It says 6 dozen packages, which is 72 'items' per unit. The words 'packages' and 'items' are interchangeable here. Each package contains the small assortment of tricks shown. So you get 72 sets of tricks for the $19.95.
Some think Houdini used trap doors in his act, but he was just going through a stage.
sethb
View Profile
Inner circle
The Jersey Shore
2700 Posts

Profile of sethb
I agree it's confusing. Why don't you send them an e-mail and get a clarification?

They are a pretty reputable company, I have used them before (but not for this item). You shouldn't have a problem dealing with them. Good Luck! SETH
"Watch the Professor!!" -- Al Flosso (1895-1976)
"The better you are, the closer they watch" -- Darwin Ortiz, STRONG MAGIC
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20498 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
I'm a believer in having small gifts and items to offer for free or sale to the audience. However, be careful about children and small pieces that can be swallowed. The logic in giving the items to the parents instead and letting them give them to the child may not keep you out of court.

Think twice. Who is your audience?

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Matthew W
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2456 Posts

Profile of Matthew W
The magic kit would be available for ages 6 and up, I'm thinking plush rabbit for 4-5. I don't deal with younger than 4.

I give it to the parents and tell them to take a look at the tricks first so that they can teach the child with a better understanding of it. I am looking at some of the stuff Kipp Bros has, they have a some premade sets as well as individual items.
-Matt
Sam Pearce
View Profile
Veteran user
Ontario, Canada
310 Posts

Profile of Sam Pearce
DO NOT GET THIS!
I made the mistake of ordering a case, and what you get is 72 individually packaged assorted tricks.

Half the tricks don't work because they are made SO cheaply... they are REALLY bad!

Put it this way... The finger chopper made me bleed. Not good!

Sam
Matthew W
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2456 Posts

Profile of Matthew W
Good to know, thanks for letting me know. There is an assortment of 100 tricks at Kipp Bros, that doesn't have a finger chopper. I will likely get that, or buy the ones packed by the dozen instead.
-Matt
Bill Douglas
View Profile
New user
El Paso, TX
90 Posts

Profile of Bill Douglas
It says 72 items per unit and each unit is 19.95. That's 28 cents per item. Almost a dollar seventy for a half dozen tricks. If you charged 3 bucks or more you could make money.

Go to Kipp bros at: http://www.kipptoys.com//ProductBrowse/P......c+tricks

The 100 tricks set or the magic trick assortment seem like better deals. The 100 set is 10 different tricks in a bag, with directions, for about 1.50 per 10 trick kit. Charge 5 bucks and make 3.50 per. The "assortment" is 12 tricks for 2.65 to 3.00 per. Charge 6.00 and double your money; OR split the kit(and the instructions) in half, charge 3-5 bucks and make even more. I believe you already know these options are better.

Think about what will sell in your market and what you can peddle, test out 3-4 different packages at different prices and go with what works best for you.
TheDean
View Profile
Inner circle
Reno, Nevada
2164 Posts

Profile of TheDean
The Kipp Bros. stuff is MUCH better and WILL sell for at the very least $5.00ea, though they sell for more if packaged well!
Dean Hankey, *M.D. - The Dean of Success Solutions!
Serving & Supporting YOU and Your Success!
"Book More Shows... Make More Money... SERVE MORE PEOPLE! - Not Necessarily In That Order…"

(*Marketing Doctor) Smile
Marshall Thornside
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
2016 Posts

Profile of Marshall Thornside
Try using tinyURL for long URLs
make it easier than copy/paste.
you will remember my name

World's Youngest Illusionista
7th greatest pianist in the world
Go Red For Women and Stroke Ambassador
www.mai-ling.net
Andy the cardician
View Profile
Inner circle
A street named after my dad
3370 Posts

Profile of Andy the cardician
Thanks Sam - was a close oe for me . . .
Cards never lie
Christopher Starr
View Profile
Inner circle
Heart of America
1851 Posts

Profile of Christopher Starr
Bill & Dean:

Thanks for the link and the opinion/review, respectively. Smile

Chris
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
I don't know if others have noticed but Kipp bros is sold out on their magic kits and they don't know when they will get more. I'm talking about the kits that are $3.80 or whatever their last price was. Anyone know of a different source or have more info on this? Thank you.

Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
m.ruetz
View Profile
Veteran user
Peoria Arizona, USA
378 Posts

Profile of m.ruetz
These kits are $3.00 each
Magic Kits
MagicGizmo: Magic Articles, Classifieds, Videos, and more
http://magicgizmo.com
EventEntertainer
View Profile
Inner circle
Look Ma!
1110 Posts

Profile of EventEntertainer
Oriental trading Company is NOT a wholesaler. You could probably find the same thing for less at Kipps or even Rhode Island Novelties.
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7407 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
You might be able to assemble some magic kits with tricks from Robbins.

http://www.ezmagicrobbins.com/

I know of a few performers who purchase quantity items from Robbins to use in teaching magic classes / workshops.

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
EventEntertainer
View Profile
Inner circle
Look Ma!
1110 Posts

Profile of EventEntertainer
...or the $3 kits at Penguin... Smile

I'M KIDDING!!!!!
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7407 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Love those Penguin Magic Kits! Ha! Smile

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
trickychaz
View Profile
Special user
West Virginia
549 Posts

Profile of trickychaz
Quote:
On 2007-08-15 15:26, Matthew W wrote:
http://www.orientaltrading.com/applicati......dPrefix=
12&sku=5/906&mode=Searching&erec=0&D=magic%2Btricks&Ntt=magic%2Btricks&Ntk=
all&Dx=mode%252bmatchallpartial&Ntx=mode%252bmatchallpartial&y=0&N=0&x=0&sd=DELUXE+MAGIC+TRICK+ASSORTMENT

I am looking into buying one of these to have. The description is kinda confusing.

If you have ever purchased one of theses before, how is it packaged? Are there 72 kits with 6 trick in each, or 72 tricks?

Go to ezmagic DD Robbins I believe is their name. You can get 1 gross of 2 card monte for less than 20$ and 1 gross of magic snappers for less then 20.00

Good Luck
Charles
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Deluxe magic assortment. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL