The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Setting Up For John Bannon's Dead Reckoning (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Danno83
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of Danno83
Quote:
On Jan 3, 2017, avasatu wrote:
.... and practice it like mad....

I have managed to remember all the cards. My cull is taking about 2mins at the moment, my head is taking a while to catch up Smile
avasatu
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of avasatu
Quote:
On Jan 5, 2017, Danno83 wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 3, 2017, avasatu wrote:
.... and practice it like mad....

I have managed to remember all the cards. My cull is taking about 2mins at the moment, my head is taking a while to catch up Smile

One way to practice culling half the deck (say, half of mnemonica/Aronson, or Dead Recknoning cards), would be the learn to cull the black and then the reds from the group (so two culls back to back). Once you can do each of these comfortably, you can combine them.

For example, I have been learning to cull a shuffled deck to Mnemonica, and right now I am at about 2:30, which I consider a decent time for doing it covertly. First I learned to cull the sub 10s, teens, twenties, thirties, etc. separately, then I learned to cull cards below 30 and above thirty, and combining the two actions is about where I'm at now. I think it's a natural progression to practice culling in this way.
pnerd
View Profile
Regular user
158 Posts

Profile of pnerd
Quote:
On May 22, 2013, Turk wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-05-16 15:12, landmark wrote:
Quote:
Given the reset the original is a really clean one to repeat but spelling the example more than once comes across badly.
Good point as Turk indicates, but I don't think that is too much of a problem. Just make sure there is something different about the second demo as compared to the first--perhaps the first time, the cards are dealt face down, the second time--"let's try it a little differently, deal the cards face up, like this..."

Landmark,

I like your idea of dealing the cards face up as a second phase! And, by doing so, this might be just what I have been looking for to put together a three phase routine...part of which involves performing Dead Reckoning. That is: Phase One (A Dead Reckoning dealt face down) followed by Phase Two (A Dead Reckoning dealt face up) followed by Phase Three (my "deck stack destroying" phase that completes the performance piece).

Thank you for the suggestion. I'm going to play around with this.

Mike

May I know why exactly you want to repeat performing Dead Reckoning?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Setting Up For John Bannon's Dead Reckoning (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL