The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Dove from newspaper (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jokerthehoudini
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of jokerthehoudini
Can I dye the bird so it looks like a newspaper

Posted: Aug 15, 2007 10:26pm
How would I do this like how would I dye the bird with black dye and put the brush end and just write on the bird .also would this look good or would it look funny
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
5118 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Could I ask why you would want to color it like that?

Even if you were successful, remember you have to continually touch it up as the feathers grow out. This might be more work than you are willing to do.
Where the magic begins
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24107 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
It would be a good camouflage. But when she is out of the paper she will never look normal to the crowd.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20507 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Why not take a sheer white hairnet and use rubber stamps on it to look like newsprint. Cover the dove with that to look "printed" and then "erase" the ink? Now you are back to a dove the audience will recognize as a live dove.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24107 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On 2007-08-15 22:22, jokerthehoudini wrote:
Can I dye the bird so it looks like a newspaper

Posted: Aug 15, 2007 10:26pm
How would I do this like how would I dye the bird with black dye and put the brush end and just write on the bird .also would this look good or would it look funny

Do you logically mean the dove came from the paper?, It will not look good to the audience. If you do try something like that I advise you to leave her face alone.
stageonstreet
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of stageonstreet
I like the newspaper load bag but I am trying to visualize what the colored dove would look like. Maybe people would think that the bird was hiding in the paper all along?
jokerthehoudini
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of jokerthehoudini
Thanks a lot guys I guess I'm not going to do it .like stageonstreet said they might think it was aready in the newspaper. and I do use the newspaper bag. but thanks alot

henry
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Dove from newspaper (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL