The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Hypno TV Promo (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

RSD
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Ontario
533 Posts

Profile of RSD
So you have been given 4 minutes to demontrate your showmanship on a live national tv show, and promote your upcoming show. You cant bring people with you and you will have no opportunity to meet the on-air staff prior to your appearance.

What do you do with those 4 minutes?
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20250 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I would do NOTHING in 4 minutes.

It is just enough time to make you look bad.

Do an interview. Or body magic stuff. These kinds of conditions will not help to promote anything.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17197 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
Bring a film clip of your show, about all that would sell in 4 min. Unless you can "pre induct" some folks. Really almost nothing doable in 4 min in hypnotism show.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20250 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Well it is just enough time to fall flat on your face live for sure.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
RSD
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Ontario
533 Posts

Profile of RSD
I was thinking body magic myself. Clips of a prior show along with a narration seems to be a good combination.
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
I would just hype up your show without any demostration.

You don't need to demonstrate but you can hype..
styles
View Profile
New user
Toronto, Canada
70 Posts

Profile of styles
Go for the pre-induction so you can reinduce trance instantly - always looks good Smile
Scott
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17522 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Spong Bunnies Smile...In a Trance.
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
silverfire9
View Profile
Veteran user
Rochester Hills, MI
323 Posts

Profile of silverfire9
Actually, why not show off your showmanship in an audience interaction piece (assuming there's a studio audience)? Four minutes should be enough time to do a quick lemon-in-the-mouth or book and balloon in an entertaining way. Or maybe a quick NLP-type exercise. Something along those lines.

Unless you're Derren Brown, in which case you can do a handshake induction on the host/hostess and get them to make the rest of the show yours and bump the other guests off. Smile

Or ... depending on how long you have to prepare for this, Kenton is releasing a new product with pseudohypnosis/trance effects in it. There may be something in there that could work as an idea. I think it's still in pre-order stage, though.

Joshua
RSD
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Ontario
533 Posts

Profile of RSD
Quote:
On 2007-08-19 12:09, silverfire9 wrote:
Or ... depending on how long you have to prepare for this, Kenton is releasing a new product with pseudohypnosis/trance effects in it. There may be something in there that could work as an idea. I think it's still in pre-order stage, though.

Where can this be pre-ordered? I have done searches on this - all have come up blank. More info please!
Lee Darrow
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago, IL USA
3588 Posts

Profile of Lee Darrow
Do the interview and, if time allows, do an audience suggestibility test, like the hands-clasp test or hands rising and falling test.

It gives you a good visual, gets the audience in the studio working WITH you and will add to your credibility - and can give you additional opportunities for a couple of simple gag lines!

It's what I've done on a couple of occasions when faced with the same situation and it worked out pretty well... of course, you could always plant someone IN the audience... Smile

Lee Darrow, C.H.
http://www.leedarrow.com
<BR>"Because NICE Matters!"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Hypno TV Promo (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL