The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Pre & Post Show Customer Service (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
p.b.jones
View Profile
Inner circle
Milford Haven. Pembrokeshire wales U.K.
2642 Posts

Profile of p.b.jones
HI,
Here is the link to the easymail site
there is a time ltd demo if you want to try it
http://www.easymailplus.com/index.html
Phillip
kenscott
View Profile
Inner circle
1869 Posts

Profile of kenscott
I use act 2000 for my database that does all my letters for me.
ken
Emazdad
View Profile
Inner circle
Plymouth UK
1954 Posts

Profile of Emazdad
Cheers guy's I'll take a gander at them and see if they are what I'm after.
Yours Funfully
Clive "Emazdad" Hemsley
www.emazdad.com

"Magic is a secret, without the secret there is no magic"

Remember there are only 3 types of people in the world, those that can count and those that can't.
TroyRoark
View Profile
Loyal user
Springfield IL
282 Posts

Profile of TroyRoark
This is great and all, but I'm really wondering about everyone's customer service techniques.

I might suggest a thread on setting up contracts on your computer, maybe in the Tricky Business section? There are a ton of great computer guys on the Café that don't hang out in the Kids section.

Troy Roark
Emazdad
View Profile
Inner circle
Plymouth UK
1954 Posts

Profile of Emazdad
If your interested I'll E-mail you a copy of mine, I've got it set as a template where when I open it, fill in boxes appear where I type the details, and I end up with a completed contract. All I need to make it better is for that info to be automatically entered into a database at the same time, Which is what I'm working on now.

I use 2 contracts one for private parties, one for business/corporate, the business one has a few more conditions than the birthday one.
Yours Funfully
Clive "Emazdad" Hemsley
www.emazdad.com

"Magic is a secret, without the secret there is no magic"

Remember there are only 3 types of people in the world, those that can count and those that can't.
Fitz
View Profile
Elite user
Phoenix, AZ
476 Posts

Profile of Fitz
Wow this is an old post but still useful. Does anybody have an evaluation form for a birthday party show that you might share with me? If so please PM me and we can take it from there. Or if you like I guess you can list your questions here.

Thanks,
Fitz
I have a daily web show all about magic at http://FitzMagic.info
solrak29
View Profile
Special user
NY Metro
936 Posts

Profile of solrak29
Sorry for digging this up too, but I am also interested on what everyone has on their evaluation forms too...

How do you rate or know your show is doing well? What do you look for? Most people seem to be nice, so how do you get the real meat out of an evaluation?

Currently, I use a rating system (1 for bad 10 for the best), but I use a sliding scale based on how I feel the evaluators perception was. Thus if they gave me a 7 overall, then I know that something was amis in my show. I expect 10's and maybe 9's, but anything less raises a flag...

What do you do or think?
To Find Me On The Pitch, Follow me :On Twitter
Checkout my pseudo blog : The Sidewalk Performers Forum

"I intend to live forever, or die trying" - Groucho Marx
Michael Taggert
View Profile
Special user
Fredericksburg Virginia
653 Posts

Profile of Michael Taggert
As this tread Dates to 2003 a feew things that I amight add to update things a bit here. I no Longer send out confirmation letters VIA post. I send them soley through email. I request a return email ro confirm the booking.( I also key the email to signal when it was opened and to request a read return.) I then Print these out as a packet.
After this I send them My tips on partty planning etc.
Now here is where it gets fun I have them sign Up for my news letter/ fan club.
I also send a thank you note in the next days post. All of the kids leave the show with my Coloring sheet (that has my website on it) and a magic trick that has been repackaged with my information on it.
The birthday child gets a magic kit from me at the end of the show. I also get Video/Audio testimonials now.
even the adults walk out of the party with some thing.
I have not been aboe to get the refferinal rebate program to take hold here. Im going to give it a few months rest and then try it again.
Michael
Believe you then that I do strange things
Michael Taggert
View Profile
Special user
Fredericksburg Virginia
653 Posts

Profile of Michael Taggert
I forgot to add That I use an email marketing service and they send a customer survey out to my clients for me. This tracks everything and gives me the stats that we need to be successful
Believe you then that I do strange things
todd75
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of todd75
I don't do contracts for b-days either. Requiring a signature often means you having to wait for the contract to be returned. I do take deposits for birthdays though! If they cancel on me, they lose the deposit which never happens. I do use contracts for schools and other clients but don't get a deposit from them. If they cancel on me, I charge them a cancellation fee which is outlined in my contract.
jackturk
View Profile
Elite user
463 Posts

Profile of jackturk
For birthdays I send a confirmation letter. And while I don't take a deposit, I offer a small "bookkeeping discount" for paying up front with a credit card.

There's something really wonderful about getting paid before the event. Even though it costs me a couple bucks, I generally make it up in tips anyway. And it definitely does cement the deal.

--J
"59 Ways To Recession Proof Your Entertainment Business -- FREE!"
http://www.GetLeadsLikeCrazy.com

"How To Make $25,000 a Year Doing Birthday Parties Part-Time"
http://www.magicmarketingcenter.com/birthdayPT
todd75
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of todd75
I would think that people would be reluctant to pay in full up front. How do they know that you'll show up? I know I don't like paying for something in full until I get whatever it is know am buying. This could also cone across as you being hard up for money.
JimbosMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1334 Posts

Profile of JimbosMagic
I take the booking, then let them know I need a deposit that can be paid on my site by a credit card or PayPal, or if they prefer by check thru the post.
Sometimes when the mom realises its easy to pay on the site they will pay the full amount. Its good at the time but I hate the day when I have to go to the party and pick no money up.
JIMMY CARLO. KIDabra International Family Entertainer of the Year 2009.
IBM Triple Award Winner. Uk Champion of Comedy Magic.
Represented the UK in the United Slapstick Awards on German TV.
European Children's Entertainer of the year 2007/8
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Pre & Post Show Customer Service (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL