We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Click Pass (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
magicblademan
View Profile
Special user
uk
523 Posts

Profile of magicblademan
Hi guys, I am new on this forum but have been reading the posts and watching some of you guys perform on you tube for quite awhile.

I am not new to coin magic as I started out with coins and cards, but I much prefer to do just coins now.

My question is what click pass do you guys use more often just to hold back the one coin... I mainly use Mike Rubinstein's click pass from the creative coin magic lecture 2004 and the one from Bobo's where both coins are in the CP.

Would like to hear which seems the most used.

Just out of curiosity that's all.

Thanks.
If you put the time in....you will achieve ...
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6074 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
Still a new guy and I get good results from the one in Bobo's and have been messing with the Paul Morris ver from the same book.
Eric Jones
View Profile
V.I.P.
Director of Product Development
2101 Posts

Profile of Eric Jones
Nothing against it, but I'd suggest ANY click pass other than the Woodin Click Pass. Sure it's got economy of motion, but I've never seen it performed well enough to look remotely natural. I'd suggest Aldo Colombini's click pass for a solid beginner pass or Rune Klans for intermediate/advanced.
“We're two tigers away from an act in Vegas.” Greg House M.D.
<BR>
<BR>http://www.ericjonesmagic.com
magicblademan
View Profile
Special user
uk
523 Posts

Profile of magicblademan
Never heard of the woodin click pass , suppose I ain't missing much then since it don't get a rating lol.
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4186 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
The Rubinstein Click Pass is one of my favorite moves - very deceptive, and not hard to do. It can be found on most of my DVD's. I also use the R.O.P.S Click Pass, another click pass with a retention of vision incorporating sound. It is also found on many of my DVD's, but I think a real good source for click passes is on the Encyclopedia of Coin Sleights DVD series. I agree that the Woodin click pass is not one of the better ones. On Vol 1 of the New York Coin Magic Seminar DVD on COINS ACROSS, Roth and Latta discuss the Flopperino Click Pass, which is also very illusive.
AT LAST - a NEW fun coins across!! MIGRATE is filled with laughs, magic, cool moves, lasts over 3 minutes, uses props, comes in a Poker Chip version or special Deluxe version with coins, and is about...BEARS! AT DEALERS EVERYWHERE!
https://youtu.be/hzf-Trbs4Ts

https://youtu.be/gGjMtW1DLjA

ALSO...available at dealers EVERYWHERE - RUBINSTEIN COIN MAGIC- The biggest book on coin magic since Bobo's Modern Coin Magic, and the most important since David Roth's Expert Coin Magic! Hardbound, 500 pages, 20 chapters of state of the art coin magic illustrated with 930 crisp photos! A contribution chapter from over 20 of the world's top coin magicians! This will be the book against which all future books on coin magic will be measured! Already called a Modern Classic!!
I HAVE A LIMITED AMOUNT OF COPIES AVAILABLE TO BE SIGNED, AND COME WITH A SPECIAL FREE GIFT! If interested, shoot me an email at rubinsteindvm@aol.com I also have some limited supplies of coins and props used in the book, let me know if you want a pricelist.
magicblademan
View Profile
Special user
uk
523 Posts

Profile of magicblademan
Thanks for the info Michael,i have the NYC VOL 1 dvd set coins across.

I will have to check the section about the Flopperino Click Pass,i must have over looked it as I can't remember it.

Mind you there is also enough stuff on this double dvd set to last sometime.

While you are here I would like to say I enjoy performing your stand up sucker C/S routine ,really nice .

You also performed it at the blackpool convention early this year if I'm not mistaken ? also your Retro fly is very nice ,i like the clean ending .

Sorry for goin off topic there but I could not resist with you being on the forum.

cheers.
mfeld
View Profile
Elite user
San Francisco
458 Posts

Profile of mfeld
I'll second Eric's recommendation for Rune Klan's. It's pretty much the only one I use (if I have the choice) now. Certainly intermediate/advanced, but well worth it.
Michael Feldman
www.michaelfeldman.com

Or follow me on Twitter - @magicianmike
And Instagram - @magicianmichaelfeldman

Check out my newest book with Ryan Plunkett: A New Angle
https://www.ryancplunkett.com/project/anewangle
Curtis Kam
View Profile
V.I.P.
same as you, plus 3 and enough to make
3498 Posts

Profile of Curtis Kam
Just so we're all on the same page here, the Woodin click pass is aka "Click Pass (a)" in Bobo's. If you've got to ask, it's probably the one you do.

I go off on a bit of a rant about this one in "Earning Interest". Like Eric, I've never seen anyone make this look good.

There are better click passes published here and there, but the only guy to really set his mind to the problem and develop a whole system of click passes is Dr. Rubinstein. It's really an impressive collection of techniques.
Is THAT a PALMS OF STEEL 5 Banner I see? YARRRRGH! Please visit The Magic Bakery
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27166 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
There's a move that amounts to doing a side/color steal off the bottom of a stack of coins on their way into the other hand. Not a counting (click) procedure per-se but it gets the job done nicely. Smile
...to all the coins I've dropped here
magicblademan
View Profile
Special user
uk
523 Posts

Profile of magicblademan
Thanks for clearing that up ,i never new the one in bobo's was the woodin click pass

you have me thinking now ,i will have to get my bobo book out.

I have the bobo dvd's that was released and I'm sure there is no credit to the one he does ,if I'm right it is just called a click pass.

Yep it just says on dvd1 under basic techniques The click pass ,then under that one is the paul morris version of the click pass.

I have used this version out of bobo's when doing Gadabout coins and never been called on by any specs,wonder if it is the same one .... when I perform that click pass I pick up the first coin and then display ready to be CP ,then I pick up the 2 coin at the finger tips and let the CP fall and hit the finger tipped coin ,as though both coins have gone into the opposite hand.
Wes65
View Profile
Inner circle
I've said very little in
1219 Posts

Profile of Wes65
You need at least three coins to do it, but Kainoa Harbottle's "Air Click" is a real jaw dropper.
Wes
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4186 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
For those of you who have the Ultimate Rattle Purse, there are a couple of illusive click passes as well, taught in the companion DVD. They can also be found in the Secret Stuff Notes, available at the New York Coin Magic Seminars.
AT LAST - a NEW fun coins across!! MIGRATE is filled with laughs, magic, cool moves, lasts over 3 minutes, uses props, comes in a Poker Chip version or special Deluxe version with coins, and is about...BEARS! AT DEALERS EVERYWHERE!
https://youtu.be/hzf-Trbs4Ts

https://youtu.be/gGjMtW1DLjA

ALSO...available at dealers EVERYWHERE - RUBINSTEIN COIN MAGIC- The biggest book on coin magic since Bobo's Modern Coin Magic, and the most important since David Roth's Expert Coin Magic! Hardbound, 500 pages, 20 chapters of state of the art coin magic illustrated with 930 crisp photos! A contribution chapter from over 20 of the world's top coin magicians! This will be the book against which all future books on coin magic will be measured! Already called a Modern Classic!!
I HAVE A LIMITED AMOUNT OF COPIES AVAILABLE TO BE SIGNED, AND COME WITH A SPECIAL FREE GIFT! If interested, shoot me an email at rubinsteindvm@aol.com I also have some limited supplies of coins and props used in the book, let me know if you want a pricelist.
feher
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1421 Posts

Profile of feher
The one I use the most I learned from David Roth vol 2. I would explain but it would give it away. Aldo Columbini click pass is a close second.
Tim
Mean people SUCK!!!!!!!
andrelimantara
View Profile
Special user
Surabaya, Indonesia
869 Posts

Profile of andrelimantara
I learn my click pass from Doug Brewer's DVD, I forgot where Doug learnt it from

Cheers

Andre
"Good performance comes from good practice, Great performance comes from the heart - Andre Limantara"
Dan McLean
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you
1259 Posts

Profile of Dan McLean
I agree concerning the Woodin. But I'm curious if anyone can name a click pass that actually fooled them or at least made them wonder. (I don't believe I've seen Dr. Rubinstein's). There always seems to be a certain cozyness in the handling that gives it away.
I'm asking because the click pass is the weakness part of my coin technique and would like to find a handling I have confidence in.
magicblademan
View Profile
Special user
uk
523 Posts

Profile of magicblademan
I think if you watch Michael rubinsteins click pass it is very deceptive,i use it quite a lot ,it works for me but it might not for you .

I guess it just really comes down to choosing one you like and then practice,practice
and practice some more lol.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27166 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
The Roth thing, "and they both go across" kinda had me wondering for about a second. Contrived fussing usually does not intreague much less "fool" me.

People really don't need to be told, shown and reminded of things they can see for themselves.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
enginemagic
View Profile
Special user
Bluffton Indiana
603 Posts

Profile of enginemagic
Click pass is a move that takes a lot of practice I learned a version that I use in my three & three coins across.it passes only one coin to the other hand giving the impression of having 2 coins in that hand,while you finger palm the other for a transit move which you have all 6 coins in one hand at the end.
theres a lot to learn out there,many interesting subjects,and hobbies to enjoy
Dan McLean
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you
1259 Posts

Profile of Dan McLean
Quote:
On 2007-08-17 06:33, magicblademan wrote:
I think if you watch Michael rubinsteins click pass it is very deceptive,i use it quite a lot ,it works for me but it might not for you .

I guess it just really comes down to choosing one you like and then practice,practice
and practice some more lol.

I believe I have the good doctor's work on several DVDs. I look through them and give his version a whirl. Thank you.
mfeld
View Profile
Elite user
San Francisco
458 Posts

Profile of mfeld
Quote:
On 2007-08-16 23:38, Dan McLean wrote:
But I'm curious if anyone can name a click pass that actually fooled them or at least made them wonder. (I don't believe I've seen Dr. Rubinstein's). There always seems to be a certain cozyness in the handling that gives it away.

Hey Dan, If you want a click pass that REALLy will fool people just by itself there is one in Totally Out of Control by Chris Kenner. It's not his, and he credits it, but I can't recall right now to whom. I beleive its in long gone silver, but it looks like this: hold two coins in a fan at the fingertips (the third coin has already vanished) toss the two coins to the other hand, hear the clink and open the hand to reveal only one. - very deceptive, very good.

This is not always practical though. For a practical click pass that is very deceptive, but not neccesarily an effect in itself, Rune Klan's still seems to me the most natual looking. THis is how you would really transfer to coins to the other hand.
Michael Feldman
www.michaelfeldman.com

Or follow me on Twitter - @magicianmike
And Instagram - @magicianmichaelfeldman

Check out my newest book with Ryan Plunkett: A New Angle
https://www.ryancplunkett.com/project/anewangle
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Click Pass (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL