The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » 2nd Star to the right please... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2492 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
Cold fusion isn't done yet. It was supposedly done in the laboratory once, but has not be repeated. It was either done by lairs or as a fluke. The number of people working on it suggests to me that if it is possible, it will eventually happen. Hot fusion is going well, with only one more major hurdle to cross before we get an incredibly powerful source of electric power. My guess would be we'll have the hot power within the next ten to twenty years. I believe this because I have see the work with my own eyes.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
coupcoupdaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
2466 Posts

Profile of coupcoupdaddy
For.
foreign correspondent, z and lt

inner being worker
DStachowiak
View Profile
Inner circle
Baltimore, MD
2158 Posts

Profile of DStachowiak
Quote:
On 2007-08-19 10:51, Cliffg37 wrote:
Cold fusion isn't done yet. It was supposedly done in the laboratory once, but has not be repeated. It was either done by lairs or as a fluke. The number of people working on it suggests to me that if it is possible, it will eventually happen. Hot fusion is going well, with only one more major hurdle to cross before we get an incredibly powerful source of electric power. My guess would be we'll have the hot power within the next ten to twenty years. I believe this because I have see the work with my own eyes.

That's my point, Cliff.
I'm just saying it's probably premature to announce the toppling of the Special Theory of Relativity based on an 8 paragraph news article.
Woke up.
Fell out of bed.
Dragged a comb across m' head.
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Note: initial post and original article placed for Entertainment Purposes ONLY. Smile
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
kregg
View Profile
Inner circle
1958 Posts

Profile of kregg
In that case ... praise Ra!
POOF!
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27157 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
NRQM has offered "faster than light" phenomena since about the same time as Relativity was introduced. Whether its the phase velocity of a wave or the spooky action at a distance of "entangled" particles... nothing new.

What seems to keep the notion of large scale teleportation out of practical reality is more akin to the second law of thermodynamics and Heisenberg's Uncertainty principle. Remember that even a laser beam which is about a pinpoint in diameter when it leaves the earth will spread out to about five miles in diameter by the time it is reflected and gets back here. That's due to the simple quantum mechanics involved and not atmospheric distortion. Add in effects of our atmosphere and you can imagine how complex the simple pencil of coherent light gets on its trip there and back.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
coupcoupdaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
2466 Posts

Profile of coupcoupdaddy
LUMINE

dr. hau slows light
stops it cold

in gas, a second
beam revives the first

and things can be
two places at once

electromagnetically
induced transparency

--isso liwok
01/0l/01
foreign correspondent, z and lt

inner being worker
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » 2nd Star to the right please... (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL