The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Vanishing a cell phone (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

dans595
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of dans595
Hello,

I'm still reading Bobo's and Mark Wilson's, and enjoying them very much (the coin stuff can be a little frustrating). I just have a question: can you point me to any resources on doing a vanish or production of a cell phone or iPod sized object (or even a closed pack of cards)?

Thanks,
Dan
Matty Moriates
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of Matty Moriates
For a production I'd recommend going to Lybrary.com and checking out an ebook by Patrick Gregoire called Magician's Royal Feast. There is an effect called point production which is what you are looking for. As for a vanish, just get creative and try to think of something taught in bobo's that you can develope to use with a cell phone (there's a hint lol).

Hope that helped some.
-3-
Mike_A
View Profile
New user
Bristol, UK
27 Posts

Profile of Mike_A
A variant of the product described in this post would do the trick but you'd need to wear a jacket.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......;forum=6

Mike
algebraic
View Profile
Inner circle
1008 Posts

Profile of algebraic
How about "cell phone from card" which can be found at http://www.elmwoodmagic.com.
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Try a search for 'Top it' from this forum. You'll get some good ideas there.
Brad Burt
View Profile
Inner circle
2675 Posts

Profile of Brad Burt
To vanish something that size without 'gaffing' the item itself a Topit would work great and give you ready access to it further along the routine. But, you could also use a 'pull' of various types to accomplish a very cool vanish.

Production wise...hmmm....think sleeves and wine bottle production. Hopefully, that's cryptic enough and yet could get you thinking, etc. Best,
Brad Burt
dans595
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of dans595
So, the Top It would essentially be a more discrete way of misdirecting and putting the item into your pocket? I wonder how visual of a vanish one could muster with that device?
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Check out Bob Fitch's DVDs on Top It and you will see the awesome potential you get from this.
PirateJohn
View Profile
Regular user
Anaheim, CA
156 Posts

Profile of PirateJohn
I can think of a few people's cell phones I'd like to vanish....
dans595
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of dans595
The idea is to vanish some iPhones so this hobby will start paying for itself.

Just kidding Smile
yin_howe
View Profile
Special user
Malaysia
985 Posts

Profile of yin_howe
If you are in a seated position, you could just L*p it. Smile
"Talent without passion is talent wasted.."
https://www.youtube.com/user/yinhowe80/
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
If you are not wearing a jacket, Eleazar Goodenough's "Tuck-it" (as described in his "Ultimate Newspaper Tear" in his book "Tear-able Magic" on my site) will actually give you a more visible vanish, where you can (with practice) just toss the cell phone into the air as if you were performing a dove vanish with tails on. The cell phone can just vanish, but for maximum impact, it should transform into metalic confetti or streamers or something the eye can follow away from your body. You MIGHT be able to do this with a Topit, but worn low under your open jacket.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
cosmicsecret
View Profile
Special user
Germany - Mannheim
504 Posts

Profile of cosmicsecret
Yup a topit would be a good way for the vanish.If you don't like to wear a jacket or sleeves etc,a possible optione would be James Browns "Workeroo".Its a bit expansive but you can create miracles with that devise Smile
You are able to vanish a pack of cards with it ,so I guess a cell phone/ipod would be no problem hehe.

And last but not least :
Quote:
"cell phone from card"
don't even think about getting this effect.its just horrible obvious where the cellphone comes from....
Nedim
View Profile
Elite user
istanbul/turkey
444 Posts

Profile of Nedim
Hi,

I think you must use a topit vanisher or sleeving. This may help you.

magicially yours,

Nedim Guzel
Ace of $pades
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of Ace of $pades
I'd use Halo on penguinmagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Vanishing a cell phone (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL