The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » You-tube Question (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Pete Legend
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1366 Posts

Profile of Pete Legend
Hey Lads,

I have a similiar question that Jaxon posed a few days back.Why does the following happen :

I watch a video on you-tube first time round and it loads fine,second time could be fine and third but sometimes I try to watch it again another day and it takes an age to load?Usually when this happens it seem sthat for ever more that clip which was perfect first 6 or 27 times seems to take a month to load now Smile Any idea's?

Thanks!

Pete
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2113 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
Have you got any downloads going or is something taking up a lot of ram?

This slows it down... also could perhaps be a virus or malware.

;)
Pete Legend
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1366 Posts

Profile of Pete Legend
Cheers buddy...no no I tend to download while watching clips and I cant imagine what would be taking up a lot of space....My comp also has a clean bill of health.Terribly frustrating!
Corona Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Airstrip One
1689 Posts

Profile of Corona Smith
Delete cookies?

empty cache?
leapinglizards
View Profile
Inner circle
1263 Posts

Profile of leapinglizards
Broadband can run faster or slower depending on the number of people in your area using it at a given moment, your OWN bandwidth usage, (some ISP's will slow your transfer rate down for a period of time if you have transferred too much, say uploading or downloading large files,) or the You Tube server useage at any given moment.
Leaping Lizards!!! Who knew it was possible.
<BR>
<BR>www.LeapingLizardsMagic.com
Pete Legend
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1366 Posts

Profile of Pete Legend
Thanks everyone for the help! I deleted Cookies as Corona suggested and will be purchasing a memory stick where I can keep my pdf files(They do take up a lot of space)

Good point leapinglizards!I never thought of that I think our broadband company allows 40 people to be on at the same time..so this could be causing the problem!

Thanks again lads!

Pete
msc455magic
View Profile
Inner circle
Taipei, Taiwan
1523 Posts

Profile of msc455magic
My youtube always takes forever to load during the mornings and afternoons. But as midnight comes, the videos would play as soon as you click on them. When I was in Japan, I never had any problems with youtube in the mornings or afternoons. I guess it is just a broadband problem.

Good luck!
Charles
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » You-tube Question (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL