The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Stunts for publicity (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Chris Oberle
View Profile
Elite user
California
444 Posts

Profile of Chris Oberle
Not sure if this is in the right place but I would like to thank you guys for your time in reading this.

So I was going to do a blindfold drive but I talked to the police and they said that they think it wouldnt be a good idea lol. The news station will not do it because it is illigal. I was wondering if anyone knew of any other stunts that I could do with Archers Blindfold or just another stunt all around that would be good for publicity.
Thank you all for your time,
Chris
drwilson
View Profile
Inner circle
Bar Harbor, ME
2191 Posts

Profile of drwilson
The problem with the blindfold drive is that you are a hazard to others and to property. If the only danger is to yourself, well, that would be something like:

The Perilous Garden

Yours,

Paul
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell because I've made
2582 Posts

Profile of thegreatnippulini
The best place for a blindfold drive or a true backseat drive is at the Salt Flats. Square miles of nothing but flat empty landscape. Problem is, anyone could do it, not really pressworthy.
The Great Nippulini: body piercer, Guinness World Record holder, blacksmith and man with The World's Strongest Nipples! Does the WORLD care? We shall see...
http://www.greatnippulini.com
John Smetana
View Profile
???? - 2009
499 Posts

Profile of John Smetana
Hey Paul...great idea my friend..very creative and some nice ink also...terrific job.
Continued success and as always,

All the best,
John--The other Doc
jeremysweiss
View Profile
Special user
742 Posts

Profile of jeremysweiss
I am telling you:
http://theshockdocshow.blogspot.com/

That is the way to do a blindfolded stunt!!! Maybe a circumcision in the back of a Cordova (Saturday Night Live reference) whnile going over a bumpy road....
The Shock Doc
<BR>www.TheShockDocShow.com
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>http://ballycast.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/ballycast-024-2009-03-21.mp3
<BR>
<BR>"....Jeremy Weiss has the greatest card trick of ALL TIME!"--Jamie D. Grant.
<BR>Start listening to iTricks 11/12/09
drwilson
View Profile
Inner circle
Bar Harbor, ME
2191 Posts

Profile of drwilson
John,

Thanks for the kind words! That stunt is still talked about here, over a year later. Here's another great stunt, described in a perfectly written press release.

Yours,

Paul

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

17-Year-Old to Attempt to Break Upside-Down Juggling World Record

Contact: Travis Fessler at (877) NAIL-BED or Travis@travisfessler.com

NEWPORT, KY, August 20, 2007 – 17-year-old Erik Kloeker of the world-renowned “Pickled Brothers Circus Sideshow” will attempt to break the Upside-Down Juggling World Record while suspended upside down over the Ohio River. The record attempt will take place on September 20th, 2007 at 7:00 pm in Newport, KY.

Upside-down juggling is one of the hardest forms of juggling, and requires an incredible amount of abdominal strength and endurance as well as coordination and concentration. This record attempt is the culmination of four years of training for the young juggler.

Kloeker, 17 of Cold Spring, KY is optimistic. "I've been training for this for over four years... I hope I can do it!" Kloeker exclaimed. "I know I can juggle for hours without dropping when I am upright, but hanging upside down is another story! Gravity will be working against me, and I don't want to lose my balls in the Ohio River!"

The current upside-down juggling record is 55.9 seconds, and was set in Australia in 2005. Kloeker hopes to break that record by juggling upside down for at least 70 seconds.

The record attempt will take place on historic Newport, Kentucky’s riverfront as Kloeker is suspended high above the mighty Ohio River. The record attempt will be open to the public and media, and will kick off the Pickled Brothers Sideshow's run at the haunted riverboat the USS Nightmare.

The USS Nightmare is America’s premiere haunted steamboat. Entering its 16th season, this popular Halloween attraction returns to the Newport waterfront in 2007. Rated annually among the nation's best haunted attractions, the USS Nightmare is constructed on a real riverboat and is said to house some of the Ohio River’s most notorious spirits.

Kloeker is a world champion juggler, as well as an accomplished fire-eater, comedian, and the world's youngest sword swallower. Kloeker has been performing professionally at venues nationwide for 4 years since learning to juggle at the age of 13. This will be his first record attempt.

The USS Nightmare is located on the Ohio River at 101 Riverboat Row in Newport, KY (www.ussnightmare.com). The Pickled Brother Circus Sideshow has been performing innovative sideshow feats such as whip-cracking, fire-eating, bed of nails, and sword swallowing since 2002 (www.pickledbrothers.com).

Media is invited to attend this historic event. For media inquiries or more information, contact Kloeker’s manager, Travis Fessler at +1 (877)-NAIL-BED or +1(859) 916-5401 or via e-mail at Travis@travisfessler.com.
erikkloeker
View Profile
Loyal user
Cincinnati, Ohio
203 Posts

Profile of erikkloeker
Thanks a lot Doc Wilson!
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Fire jugling worked for me!

And the great thing is:

"well its actually easier with fire than with balls. You have the feel of the heat from teh flames"

of course it took a couple of goes to "get it started" but you don't want to go straight in to it do you? I did it as a finale to a triathlon of stunts and it went down really well!

Dave
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Stunts for publicity (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL