The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » An arena show I gotta see: WALKING WITH DINOSAURS (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2448 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
Just heard tonight about the $20-million production called WALKING WITH DINOSAURS, THE LIVE EXPERIENCE.

The company's website and video do only an adequate job - http://www.dinosaurlive.com/

I saw a youtube video that simply knocked me over -
http://youtube.com/watch?v=m_9GnP-lhaY

I promised never to go to an arena show again after my son dragged me to "Power Rangers Live" (the horror!) but this one looks like a 'don't miss it'!
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4208 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
Wow!!! I want to see this too!
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Great puppets. My wife taped a segiment from Regis and Kelly and showed it to me of one of them on stage and they are amazing.
Andy the cardician
View Profile
Inner circle
A street named after my dad
3370 Posts

Profile of Andy the cardician
Sounds very tempting
Cards never lie
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
I just about hyperventilated. A Life long dream to see such a show. I used to try and design big costumes like this (only on paper) and try and figure out how an Arena Act could be performed. Just an Act not a whole show...of T-Rex vs. Triceratops. OMG...sadly It doesn't look like the Tour is coming West in 07...maybe in 08. I eMailed 'em. After seeibng those things my hands are still shaking...they not only pulled it off, they absolutely pulled it off.

I would guess though the show might be a bit lacking in drama and excitrement other than the 'Saurs themselves if it is like the TV show which was pretty reserved in its approach. But I'll pay what ever it costs to see this one.

Thanks Ross. Now Ross this is for you, you should enjoy this...

When Power Rangers LIve came to Reno I had to DRAG my Daughter (17 at the time) to see it! Heck, I had watched Power Rangers in 1975 when in Hawaii (Orig Japanese version). Anyway we had the best time! The show was fantastic (you needed the right attitude dude haha) with excellent special effects and audience interaction. One of the best Live Arena Shows I ever saw matter of fact and we go to them ALL. (Yes even Seseme Street and Rug Rats.) Being a died in the wool Arena Show fan (to a fault) I've see more than a few over the years. We always buy the best seats, which ca make a huge difference in your involvment. Anyway, maybe you saw an off day of Power Rangers or were cranky...Smile
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
Josh the Superfluous
View Profile
Inner circle
The man of
1881 Posts

Profile of Josh the Superfluous
Much better than My Little Ponies LIVE! Although, if I had taken my daughter, I might have not gotten so many stares.
What do you want in a site? "Honesty, integrity and decency." -Mike Doogan
"I hate it, I hate my ironic lovechild. I didn't even have anything to do with it" Josh #2
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Thanks for the link. We've come a LONG way from " Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln"

Best,

Tim
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2113 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
This sounds so petty but...

The log like bases just spoils it for me...the couple that don't have them look amazing.

Great clip. Have to see it!

M:C
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
The couple that don't have them are Men in suits providing the enegy...ala Godzilla Suitmation.

If they didn'y have the mobile base units there would be no show! From what I've read they are not an issue and the lighting in many cases canceles it out. Smile
Yes Matt...Petty...but it's ok...your face has no features is a bigger issue with me. Smile
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2113 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
=)

I was staring at a candle why it wasn't melting. But there was wax all over the floor. Then I noticed my face had melted off.

Pete Legend
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1366 Posts

Profile of Pete Legend
I hate when that happens.. Smile
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Quote:
On 2007-08-18 11:35, Matt Colman wrote:
This sounds so petty but...

The log like bases just spoils it for me...the couple that don't have them look amazing.

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.LOL

Best,

Tim
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2113 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
It's bit like seeing some one's hand up a puppet. I know dinosaurs exist cause I've seen jurassic park.

Josh the Superfluous
View Profile
Inner circle
The man of
1881 Posts

Profile of Josh the Superfluous
I accepted the bases. The animal motion made up for it. I think it is a good solution to a complicated task. I don't know if the video affected the impact of them. I'd think in person it would be easier to selectivly block them out.
What do you want in a site? "Honesty, integrity and decency." -Mike Doogan
"I hate it, I hate my ironic lovechild. I didn't even have anything to do with it" Josh #2
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Good grief! Josh was moved to be coherent...mark this spot!
Silvertongue
View Profile
Inner circle
One day I will die leaving behind
2424 Posts

Profile of Silvertongue
Stunning!!! the future, I love it.... I can't believe they aren't coming to L.A. whats up with that.
For as long as space exists,
And living beings remain in cyclic existence,
For that long, may I too remain,
to dispel the sufferings of the world.
-Shantideva

Engaging in the Conduct of a Bodhisattva
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2113 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
Can somebody pm me and explain why they can't use real dinosaurs? Is it unethical, too expensive, illegal or just hard to train them? And don't be childish and say "They are extinct or, they are having a bath"

I know they exist.

in fact...I might right an articles on my dismay for Z&L times.

Real dinosaurs aren't mounted to bases.

The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Quote:
On 2007-08-18 13:47, Matt Colman wrote:
It's bit like seeing some one's hand up a puppet.

OR... a cloth in front of a zombie ball..OR...that darn cloth they use for metamorphosis... it ruins all the magic!!!!!... or does it?????

Vents have been entertaining for years with their hand up a puppet. It can still be magical. Maybe someone is thinking too much like a magician. Hmmmmmm?????

Best,

Tim
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2113 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
Tim, If my cat needed a base to walk around I'd be upset.

if I can buy a new cat that didn't need a base, I wouldn't be upset.

BASES RUIN MY LIFE.

The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Quote:
On 2007-08-18 15:18, Matt Colman wrote:
Tim, If my cat needed a base to walk around I'd be upset.

if I can buy a new cat that didn't need a base, I wouldn't be upset.

Matt... when you have a pet T-Rex then your point will make sense to me. LOL Its an illusion.... enjoy it. ( everyone else is )

Here is a clip of many people applauding for a similar illusion. The base used here doesn't seem to bother people.... why don't those horses fly as well... what good is a coach that flys if the horses don't. It doesn't make sense How stupid is this illusion??? Answer... not stupid at all... it's just fun to see. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tm1sEA_5bA4

Best,

Tim
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » An arena show I gotta see: WALKING WITH DINOSAURS (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL