The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Telephone etiquette (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
What is the deal with those phones that they hold a foot from their mouth that they yell into, and everybody within 30 feet can hear both sides of the conversation.

What is the deal with those people who walk down the street talking very loud, and laughing out loud like they are having the time of their lives. I often wonder if there is anyone on the other end.

What is the deal with those telephone implants, do those people need to be in constant communication with someone. Are they talking to their parole officer? Are they getting orders from their wife? How come the only people who use them are dorkey men, do women have more sense than to look like a jerk? When they get calls does that thing go off in their heads? Has everybode gone phone crazy but me?

I do have a cell phone to check my answering machine. The only people with my number is my wife, daughter, and my booking agent. I am very happy I don't have a day job, because it could be very degrading to be a time slave.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Corona Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Airstrip One
1689 Posts

Profile of Corona Smith
It is the march of the Cybermen Al, they want to UPGRADE the human race. Be careful!

DELETE!!!

Corona.
rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2447 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
You'll get a lot of "simplify your life and cut out the creeping annoyances" tips at http://zenhabits.net/
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I knew a salesman and his wife who were extremely loud talkers all the time. We would go to lunch and people across the room would look up when he spoke. I actually asked them if they had hearing problems but no, they didn't even know what I was talking about. When talking on the phone they talked even louder. Their neighbors complained to the police about them because they would sit out and talk at night and everyone heard 'em.....
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
But Ross then I'll be like my father who didn't have cable, swore he didn't need an air conditioner, had one rotary phone, and no answering machine. The poor man died in 2006, but in his head he was stuck in the 1950s. His idea of bottled water was tap water in a glass jug, with a rusty lid that he kept in the refrigerator.
Pete Legend
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1365 Posts

Profile of Pete Legend
Hi Al your dad sounded ace to me! Smile Im a little like that.I did'nt until very recently purchases a mobile phone (I need it for gigs) I hate the idea of having people able to contact me at will..I have given the number out only to agents,clients and family.Im 24 so this sort of behaviour is seen as very odd(yes even in Ireland everyone has mobile phones,i pods and other nick nacks that I would'nt have a clue about!)

Pete "who also dosent buy in to the bottled water nonsense" Carroll
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2112 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
"Hello is that Peter Carroll?"

Yes it is...whats the craic like? You want a show? like

"Yes please...and your a mind reader?"

Oh yes...so I know when and where it is...and know you'll be happy to pay my through the roof price since I just did a mind reading consultation. See ya later like lads.

(Hangs up phone)
Andini
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, OH
685 Posts

Profile of Andini
Quote:
On 2007-08-18 21:30, Matt Colman wrote:
"Hello is that Peter Carroll?"

Yes it is...whats the craic like? You want a show? like

"Yes please...and your a mind reader?"

Oh yes...so I know when and where it is...and know you'll be happy to pay my through the roof price since I just did a mind reading consultation. See ya later like lads.

(Hangs up phone)

You silly man.
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2112 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
Takes one to know one. Thanks for the compliment. Related to Houdini, Slydini or Cardini by any chance?

Note: This is not Pierre Carroll's phone technique this actually one I made up. his real one consists of a very long pause at the start as he tries to figure out how to work his mobile.

M:C
DStachowiak
View Profile
Inner circle
Baltimore, MD
2158 Posts

Profile of DStachowiak
It amazes me that people feel that they need to be instantly available 24x7, just because they have a cell phone. Ever been standing in line at a checkout and had a person being waited on hold up the line because they are involved in a conversation instead of taking care of business? Just let the #$%@ ring and call them back later!
I, for one, refuse to allow myself to be coerced into always being available to anyone who wants to call me, just because I have a cell phone. It's a phone, not a leash!
Woke up.
Fell out of bed.
Dragged a comb across m' head.
Andy the cardician
View Profile
Inner circle
A street named after my dad
3370 Posts

Profile of Andy the cardician
The internet has added to the loss of manners as well .. .
Cards never lie
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27150 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Perhaps you cold talk about them and their conversation as if you were included... after all if they wanted privacy they would keep their conversations private.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
DStachowiak
View Profile
Inner circle
Baltimore, MD
2158 Posts

Profile of DStachowiak
Quote:
On 2007-08-19 00:49, Jonathan Townsend wrote:
Perhaps you cold talk about them and their conversation as if you were included... after all if they wanted privacy they would keep their conversations private.
Brilliant!
Woke up.
Fell out of bed.
Dragged a comb across m' head.
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
I think we have some phone dorks right here. Come on guys who here has a phone inplant, or a phone permenently mounted on their belt for a quick draw? Who here walks around conveince stores chatting to God knows who like he was important, or alone? There are too many of these loosers in the world, which one of you is willing to stand up, and testify, or give me a call, my cell phone number is 1-800-***-****
Josh the Superfluous
View Profile
Inner circle
The man of
1881 Posts

Profile of Josh the Superfluous
Quote:
On 2007-08-19 00:49, Jonathan Townsend wrote:

I actualy did that. A woman in a bookstore was talking so loudly on her phone, I joined in. Smile
What do you want in a site? "Honesty, integrity and decency." -Mike Doogan
"I hate it, I hate my ironic lovechild. I didn't even have anything to do with it" Josh #2
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of RS1963
I have a cell phone. But don't talk on it that much. When I do I am not on it in a store and if I am it's because I have walked into a 7-11. Told the person on the other end hold on. compleated My business and then once out of the store began talking again. I too hate people that think they have to be on the d _ _ _ed thing all the time.

I think the ones that think that have to talk on the phone while using the restroom are the worst. If I offended anyone of you that do that all I have to say is GOOD! I meant too.
Noel M
View Profile
Loyal user
San Rafael. CA
208 Posts

Profile of Noel M
Q:What is the deal with those telephone implants, do those people need to be in constant communication with someone.
A: Yes, but only with people who have nothing of value to say.

Q: Are they talking to their parole officer?
A: No, those ARE the parole officers.

Q: Are they getting orders from their wife?
A: Hey! You talkin' to me?

Q: How come the only people who use them are dorkey men?
A: Natures way

Q: (Why) do women have more sense than to look like a jerk?
A: Also natures way.
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of RS1963
I have to say this too. I have seen just as many women in the Las Vegas area talk very loudly on there cell phones. It's even on both parts here. Women do it just as much as men.
Corona Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Airstrip One
1689 Posts

Profile of Corona Smith
See!

I tried to warn you all.

Noel M used to have promise, then he went on over to Booger King and got Simpsonized!

How long before WE are the minority?

Corona.
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Noel M
I'm going to guess you are a woman, and a smart one too.

RS1963
Talking loud is one thing, but I have never seen a woman with one of those stupid ear inplants. That my friend is a sign of a man without a clue.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Telephone etiquette (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL